UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Default How is your life?

This post is just an idea I had, let's see how it goes.

Mugen Archives users live in many different countries, right?
    So I was wondering "why not share our life experiences with others?"

You see, I live in Brazil, and a lot of people have ideas really weird about here, and here's... actually not so different from other places.

So, this is the idea, share experiences and bust down those myths about your country.

I'll start \o

I live at the south of Brazil. In my region we have many cities with arquitecture inspired by Germany and Italy. Our people are, mostly, all descendants from Europe.
    This region has many industries, and we even sell car parts to Germany.
    I'm studying to be and accountant. I'm studying french too.
    My city has a population of +120.000.
    .Influenced by our origins, it's a fact people really like drinking beer at the weekends (not me =p)

.Musically talking what people like here is not samba, as many may have thought, but a crappy thing called "sertanejo universitário"
    I prefer j-rock, anime songs, hard rock and heavy metal. Lucky me those things have a strong scene here at the south.

.Not all brazilians like "Carnaval" too. I'd say.. 50%. The others just stay at home cuz it's a holyday (god knows why, it's terrible for economy)

.Feijoada is not something we eat everyday lol Most of us don't even like it. The typical brazilian meal has Beans, Rice, Eggs, Steak and Salad.
    We do really like barbecue. We usually have this things for lunch and dinner.
    Our breakfast has coffee, bread, ham, cheese and mayo.

.We have A LOT of pizzerias around here, as well as sushi houses. We got many places that sell hot dog too. People like those stuff.

.Soccer IS A THING here, but it borders the insanity. I don't appreciate it.
    Seeing people killing themselves for their soccer team on TV is a common thing. It's just stupid.

.Our climate here is tropical, since I live near the coast. (111 F/44 C at the hottest days of summer)
    But there are some cities not so far from here (let's say... 400-500km) that even SNOWS at the winter!

C'mon now it's your turn! How is your life? :D
    Oh, I'm open to questions too :D

Default Re: How is your life?

I live in Italy, as you all can see from my account info, right near the capital, Rome. My city has a population of 21 000 (yes, cities in Italy are this small).
    As many knows, Italy is just a newborn nation, being only 152 years old, but its history is literally millenary, with ancient rome's ruins and more civilization you can count. Yes, Italian scenery are wonderful, breath-taking sometimes, but sadly italians don't realize that, since we grew inside those very scenery and ruins, we take them for granted, and most of the people don't realize how bad their shape are.
    Soccer is basically the national sport, italians eat, go to bathroom and sleep with soccer in mind, which pisses me off greatly.
    We don't have many pizzerias as you can think, i'd rather say we have WAAY to many bars, literally, the city I live in doesn't leave a single spot without bar, and everyone, from kid to elder, go to bars, as they are also coffee shops, because as some may know, italians live out of coffee.
    Italians are mostly the same with the way of thinking and acting, which changed little to nothing from WWII.

Uploads
    Comments

I live in Greece, aka Debtland aka Poorland. I'm in my second half of my first year of university as a software engineer student and shit is really hard but not because of the lessons but because my university is 2 hours away by bus (90 minutes by train). I'm too poor to rent a place so i keep going back and forth between my university's town and my town and it's a royal pain in the ***. I've also been trying my hardest to get a job but no such luck. About 20 CVs have been given away, 0 ****s by employers though.
    On the other hand i was lucky enough that a friend pre-ordered me Street Fighter V on steam and i wanna get really good at it (even though my medicore pc won't let me). I just spend my days playing fighters on the steam group 8/v/FGC, grinding through rpgs and procrastinating other stuff I want to do like M.U.G.E.N. related stuff and sony vegas projects as well as a game in Visual C#.
    「THE WORLD」IS MINE!
    https://orig13.deviantart.net/0938/f...no-d5nig90.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDio View Post
    I live in Greece, aka Debtland aka Poorland. I'm in my second half of my first year of university as a software engineer student and shit is really hard but not because of the lessons but because my university is 2 hours away by bus (90 minutes by train). I'm too poor to rent a place so i keep going back and forth between my university's town and my town and it's a royal pain in the ***. I've also been trying my hardest to get a job but no such luck. About 20 CVs have been given away, 0 ****s by employers though.
    On the other hand i was lucky enough that a friend pre-ordered me Street Fighter V on steam and i wanna get really good at it (even though my medicore pc won't let me). I just spend my days playing fighters on the steam group 8/v/FGC, grinding through rpgs and procrastinating other stuff I want to do like M.U.G.E.N. related stuff and sony vegas projects as well as a game in Visual C#.
    Are there space for gyrus in your life?
    I'm watching: Magic Knight Rayearth

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Ram View Post
    Are there space for gyrus in your life?
    I'll assume you mean gyro, it's only 2.50 euros.
    「THE WORLD」IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDio View Post
    I'll assume you mean gyro, it's only 2.50 euros.
    Here is called "greek barbecue".

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Ram View Post
    Here is called "greek barbecue".
    Fun fact: it's origin is actually Turkish
    「THE WORLD」IS MINE!

Quote Originally Posted by Left4Joker View Post
    This post is just an idea I had, let's see how it goes.

Mugen Archives users live in many different countries, right?
    So I was wondering "why not share our life experiences with others?"

You see, I live in Brazil, and a lot of people have ideas really weird about here, and here's... actually not so different from other places.

So, this is the idea, share experiences and bust down those myths about your country.

I'll start \o

I live at the south of Brazil. In my region we have many cities with arquitecture inspired by Germany and Italy. Our people are, mostly, all descendants from Europe.
    This region has many industries, and we even sell car parts to Germany.
    I'm studying to be and accountant. I'm studying french too.
    My city has a population of +120.000.
    .Influenced by our origins, it's a fact people really like drinking beer at the weekends (not me =p)

.Musically talking what people like here is not samba, as many may have thought, but a crappy thing called "sertanejo universitário"
    I prefer j-rock, anime songs, hard rock and heavy metal. Lucky me those things have a strong scene here at the south.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COOUoZMC16o

Para de tirar onda chapa, Carcamano e bauer tem em tudo que banda, sertanejo universitário já não é mais moda em lugar nenhum, até arrocha já é dèmodè e neve tem até aqui em Minas, uns 25km da minha casa:
    http://www.guiamonteverde.com.br/tempo/neve1979.jpg
    Tu tens que fazer ingual ao galego aqui, pegar umas minas misturada bahiana com alemão, é ingual tomar chopp com pimenta.

Uploads
    Comments

I'm telling how it is here at the south. Minas is like.. 1000KM to north.

It's probably completelly different from here.
    And I'm talking about the snow on the cities near São Joaquim, it's like... a LOT of snow actually.
    That photo looks more like a "geada" (not sure if there's a word in english for that)

And let's talk in english please. It's not polite to talk in portuguese while nobody here can understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Left4Joker View Post
    I'm telling how it is here at the south. Minas is like.. 1000KM to north.

It's probably completelly different from here.
    And I'm talking about the snow on the cities near São Joaquim, it's like... a LOT of snow actually.
    That photo looks more like a "geada" (not sure if there's a word in english for that)

And let's talk in english please. It's not polite to talk in portuguese while nobody here can understand it.
    Oh, really, here in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minas_Gerais state is very different than https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Region,_Brazil. We also received many italian and german migrants but in a differnt situation than South Brazil.

South Brazil recived italians, germans and poles to populate uninhabited areas, what facilited they preserve their cuture and identity.

Here they were lauched into the second area with more black population of Brazil, what made they intermix with already present people. Here is very common see blond haired-blue eyed people following afro-derivative religions (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umbanda).

In my city exited much of German architecture, but I'm seeing the they being substituted for apartments.

What differ the people and lands of south is they had an isolation to preserve them from external influence, but future migrations can change it briefly.

Uploads
    Comments

just wanted to stop by and say happy day after Easter guys and also my life is doing good right now

Uploads
    Comments

great, thanks

Uploads
    Comments

I live in America, Great place. WAY to many people though. The economy is starting to go back up which is nice. Lots of fast food restaurants and other deliciously tempting food that will shorten your life span. Life is fun though as there are lots of things to do. Tons of amusement parks, local tournaments for a vast amount of games, lots of theaters, etc. Nice place.

Uploads
    Comments

it's Noice.

Uploads
    Comments

It's always lazy.

Uploads
    Comments

My life is nice, quiet, and wonderful. Except my sister, she is very weird...

Uploads
    Comments

Oh, I'm from São Paulo, Brazil (again).
    Here, the people are scared because of the high criminality.
    Dunno if because of that fact, but they forgot to smile.

And actually I'm studying theatre.

Interesting stories guys :)

The place I live is actually pretty dull for most people, but it might be interesting for some of you.
    I live in the Netherlands, which most people know as 'Holland', although Holland is just a part of the Netherlands.
    To be precisely, I live in the most Southern part of the Netherlands called Limburg and it's about a sidewalk away from Germany.

Common breakfast food are bread with slices of meat and/r cheese or spreads like nutella, peanut butter of jelly.
    Some of the most traditional dishes for dinner are stampot, hutspot, boerenkool which are different kinds of vegetables mixed with mashed potatoes.
    We usually serve it with meat like rookworst (sausage) or gehaktbal (meatball) and use their sauce for the mashed potatoes.
    Other common food are fries with different fried 'snacks' like the frikandel (kind of fried minced meat sausage) or kroket (breaded ragout roll).

Less traditional food a lot of people like to have are kebab, shawarma, pizza, pasta and takeaway Chinese.
    I'd like to say that the takeaway Chinese is a lot different than most places I've been as well.
    The Babi Pangang they serve here is supposed to be char siew I guess?

Here the local folk likes to crawl at pubs we call a 'café'.
    At the South we also got 'Karnaval', a festival were people dress up and march the streets with loud music.
    But mostly it's just another excuse the drink a lot of alcohol :\

Possession of weed is tolerated by the police, but only in small amounts.
    But it's not like everyone is smoking it because of that.
    A LOT of foreigners ask if you smoke weed when they hear your from the Netherlands, which is kind of annoying....
    It's not like everyone is doing it because it is tolerated. Only a small amount of people do so.

Life here is pretty dull here.
    Ever since the economy went down and we use the Euro, there was no real reason for Germans to visit either.
    So it just went downhill.
    Well, at least living here is cheap.
    And the water here doesn't have some weird chemical tastes, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo Merenda View Post
    Oh, I'm from São Paulo, Brazil (again).
    Here, the people are scared because of the high criminality.
    Dunno if because of that fact, but they forgot to smile.

And actually I'm studying theatre.
    Oh Merenda, tu num vai na escola não senão eles vão querer te comer! Hah, hah, hah!

Uploads
    Comments

I have no idea how my life is going. It depends on a few things like where my job is headed and what happens in the next few months.

Otherwise, trying to work on a MUGEN project, and keep a few other creative projects in the air.
    FAQ: It's pronounced 'Jay-jay-jacks'. It stands for Jingaling Jaxmont Jaxxon. It has nothing to do with the cool bionic arms guy from Mortal Kombat. I have normal meat arms like other normal humans, and I find it suspicious you're so curious about the composition of my limbs. My location is hidden because thousands of Kula clones are currently after me since I know the meaning of life. The meaning of life is live fast, die young, and fill half the screen with a giant beam super. Just FYI.