UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Arrow I got the "Banned from uploading" ban How do I get resolve of this?

Very recently @Dizzy Banned me for uploading too many of the same files, Dont get me wrong I understand but, everyone makes mistakes I dont know how many I uploaded that were the same but hopefully if I get unbanned I will be more careful. The two files that did me in were Noah and Dios (god). Mind you that for a long time I did not know about the file search that the Mugen Archive has, but I did use it for both these files and they did NOT show up I even looked on google and they were not there and I looks for a few pages and did not see them. So I though it was cool to upload them. The worst thing about being banned like this is that I cant go to mine or anyone else Visitor messages and contact them which I dont understand why thats a thing but im not going to touch that. I had to @ someone via in comments in a post to get someone from higher authority (Shout-out to kater15 for helping me as much as he did I do appreciate it) but not even he can unbanned me from this, only Dizzy can that I know of. So @Dizzy can you please unban me I will be more careful and look harder so I dont do the same thing again.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: I got the "Banned from uploading" ban How do I get resolve of this?

We have a small staff to manage a large userbase and database, so you can not expect moderators to fix the same mistakes from the same users over and over again. We just have not enough time for that. You just have no idea how much time the staff spends fixing issues so the database doesn't grow into a mess beyond repair. When we point something wrong, we expect our users to learn from their mistakes. That's the reason why those who don't want to listen and repeat the same mistakes get upload banned. That ban is permanent unless you can convince me you are willing to learn from your mistakes now.

@Dizzy I really dont mean to be an *** and make stuff a mess for you and the other Administrators. I understand that you and everyone else has to do a lot to prevent the Mugen Archive from going down hill, so much that I couldn't understand and I wouldn't want to be in that position anyways. How do I convince you then?
    Last edited by fuzzynuts; 31st March 2018 at 03:32.

@Dizzy I donated to the Mugen Archive because I support what you and everyone else does here not because you banned me. However I do hope this is enough to convince you that im sorry and you will unbanned me and I will be more careful not to upload the same files again.

Uploads
    Comments

@Dizzy It's nice to meet you. I have a quick question. I was banned from uploading and searching content after uploading a file earlier today. Could you please tell me why I was banned? I took no credit for the file that I uploaded as I was not the author, and I'm pretty sure the upload wasn't offensive, though I did upload it in +18 category. Thanks! Hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day.
    Last edited by s8young; 13th February 2019 at 00:46.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by s8young View Post
    @Dizzy It's nice to meet you. I have a quick question. I was banned from uploading and searching content after uploading a file earlier today. Could you please tell me why I was banned? I took no credit for the file that I uploaded as I was not the author, and I'm pretty sure the upload wasn't offensive, though I did upload it in +18 category. Thanks! Hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day.
    It usually happens for upload the same files multiple times if i'm not mistaken.
    If it was only a single upload don't know what could happened.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Uyulala View Post
    It usually happens for upload the same files multiple times if i'm not mistaken.
    If it was only a single upload don't know what could happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    a
    Hi Uyulala! Thanks for the response. It was my first and only upload. I double checked to make sure the archive didn't have one before I uploaded it. Dizzy or any other MOD/ADMIN, can someone please explain why I am currently banned from searching and uploading so that (1) I don't repeat the same error, (2) I can get this resolved, and (3) I don't feel scared to upload here? The whole reason why I uploaded in the first place was so that I could level up to a New Challenger from a Lurker. Apologies if I am coming off as rude. Thank you for your time, and I hope to get a reply soon.
    Last edited by s8young; 13th February 2019 at 16:58.

Uploads
    Comments

Hi Uyulala! Thanks for the response. It was my first and only upload. I double checked to make sure the archive didn't have one before I uploaded it. Dizzy or any other MOD/ADMIN, can someone please explain why I am currently banned from searching and uploading so that (1) I don't repeat the same error, (2) I can get this resolved, and (3) I don't feel scared to upload here? The whole reason why I uploaded in the first place was so that I could level up to a New Challenger from a Lurker. Apologies if I am coming off as rude. Thank you for your time, and I hope to get a reply soon.
    Bumping up. Can someone please answer my question? This is really starting to get ridiculous. I've been very patient and very polite. I'm really sick of being banned without knowing the reason why or who banned me to begin with.

Uploads
    Comments

I can't speak for whoever disabled your account, but as far as I know it was one file (Cassandra) posted in the 18+ section without 18+ content (judging from the sprite file, I checked). Unless it turned out to be a malware upload or something else I'm missing, it seems questionable to ban on the first offence. Could you look into this @Dizzy?

[Banner by kater15]

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Juu-bei7 View Post
    I can't speak for whoever disabled your account, but as far as I know it was one file (Cassandra) posted in the 18+ section without 18+ content (judging from the sprite file, I checked). Unless it turned out to be a malware upload or something else I'm missing, it seems questionable to ban on the first offence. Could you look into this @Dizzy?
    @Juu-bei7: Thank you so much for the response, and for looking into this. Much appreciated. How long will I be banned for if the ban remains enforced?

Uploads
    Comments

@Juu-bei7: Thank you so much for the response, and for looking into this. Much appreciated. How long will I be banned for if the ban remains enforced?
    To my knowledge the upload ban is permanent, so you will need to wait for it to be undone manually I'm afraid.

[Banner by kater15]

Uploads
    Comments

To my knowledge the upload ban is permanent, so you will need to wait for it to be undone manually I'm afraid.
    Thanks Juu-bei7. Please keep me updated, and do whatever you can to remove this ban. If it had any Malware, I was unaware. Pleas help me get this ban resolved.

Uploads
    Comments

Why is stuff like this a regular occurence? I just got blocked from their discord too for no reason other than joining and asking about removing an upload I had. Does mugenarchive use a bot?

Uploads
    Comments

You are right we usually wouldn't upload ban users for a few upload rules violations, but the problem here is the description of the post saying something like "I don't know if this belongs here but I'm going to post it here regardless".

I felt like this was a huge disrespect towards the staff, thinking we are his lackeys and that we are going to cleanup the mess for him so why should he bother doing any effort.

This ban is permanent most of the time.

Uploads
    Comments

You are right we usually wouldn't upload ban users for a few upload rules violations, but the problem here is the description of the post saying something like "I don't know if this belongs here but I'm going to post it here regardless".

I felt like this was a huge disrespect towards the staff, thinking we are his lackeys and that we are going to cleanup the mess for him so why should he bother doing any effort.

This ban is permanent most of the time.
    Hi Dizzy! Please accept my sincerest apologizes for offending. I didn't mean to in anyway. I was just trying to post and I wasn't sure if it was a +18 sprite or not. I promise I will be more careful in the future. Could you please lift my ban?

Uploads
    Comments

I was also banned from uploading. I wasn't alerted or notified to why. Can someone tell me why?

Uploads
    Comments

Hi Dizzy! Please accept my sincerest apologizes for offending. I didn't mean to in anyway. I was just trying to post and I wasn't sure if it was a +18 sprite or not. I promise I will be more careful in the future. Could you please lift my ban?
    Alright, I am going to lift your ban.

Uploads
    Comments

Alright, I am going to lift your ban.
    Thanks Dizzy!
    Last edited by s8young; 24th February 2019 at 16:49.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by nerdyalias View Post
    I was also banned from uploading. I wasn't alerted or notified to why. Can someone tell me why?
    From what I've seen, you were spamming low effort edits of existing stages which is not the kind of behaviour we want to encourage. Combined with the negligent manner you posted them in (using the filename instead of the display name for example) I wouldn't count on getting a second chance.

[Banner by kater15]

Uploads
    Comments

From what I've seen, you were spamming low effort edits of existing stages which is not the kind of behaviour we want to encourage. Combined with the negligent manner you posted them in (using the filename instead of the display name for example) I wouldn't count on getting a second chance.
    Oh, that sucks. I can add more info on the files' pages and change the names if you want me to