UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Beware Clarifications on repack files

Well, I see that there are many users who still don't understand what can be considered repack or not, so I felt that I decided to create this thread to clarify those doubts.

Situations that a file is considered repack:
    -When this file has only modification in the values of attack, defense, life or size.
    -Only rename the file.
    -Post the same file in different format (from ZIP to RAR or from RAR to ZIP).
    -Post a stage that has already been posted before, but adding (or removing) the song.

If an upload is in one of these situations it will be removed and if the user insists on posting repacks it may be banned to make future uploads.

I hope I have clarified everything.
    Last edited by kater15; 5th December 2018 at 03:12.
    http://mugenarchive.com/forums/customsignaturepics/sigpic35401_1.gif

Faça do dia de hoje o melhor dia da sua vida.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Clarifications on repack files

Excellent suggestion.

I may add that auto-patching a file with some utility may be considered as repacking as well, for example the automatic implementation of the UNO tag system.

In general any minor change that can be implemented by anybody in a couple of minutes may be considered as repacking.

@aka2810 and myself may have a disagreement about portrait swaps, which I consider valid edits. But I understand aka's point of view and I think we need to reach some compromise. So let's say portrait swaps will be considered valid edits only if the portrait swap is justified. For example standardizing the portrait. Some characters may use non-standard portraits such as a sprite instead of a real portrait, or the portrait may have a non standard size (too small or too large). In those case, "fixing" the portrait to make a standard select screen look better would be considered a valid edit.

Uploads
    Comments

@Dizzy I can agree with that. Like if a certain screen pack is using custom portraits and those chars need the compatible portrait needed to fit then i'll accept the validity but only if its non-standard.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by aka2810 View Post
    @Dizzy I can agree with that. Like if a certain screen pack is using custom portraits and those chars need the compatible portrait needed to fit then i'll accept the validity but only if its non-standard.
    That sounds good to me.

Uploads
    Comments

I find this topic useful. As at some point, I'd thought about sharing some of my stages. I dont edit them beyond adding BGM, but I have a penchant for making epic, awesome, funny, weird, hillarious, unsettlingly amusing stages and changing the aesthetic drastically with a song or music. I've had a few requests on my Tumblr, and thought about uploading a stage or two with the unique choice of BGM I'd made for it. Maybe even a "full stage list"

And now I know that's considered a repack, and not allowed! Thank you, this saved me some difficulties and time-out time.

Uploads
    Comments

I apologize for bothering the mods of this site, but I'm confused about the repack rules. I posted some stages where zoom was the only thing was added to them and got banned. After appealing it with a moderator, I found out I was banned because what I posted was considered repacks. But, based off of what I read in this thread and in the official upload rules, and the fact that reposting stages and just adding zoom is a fairly common thing, I shouldn't have broken any rules. It might be because I posted them all at once and to quickly, but those are the only reasons that I can really think of. Once again, I apologize for bothering the mods and wasting their time, but I just want a more in depth explanation to my ban

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by nerdyalias View Post
    I apologize for bothering the mods of this site, but I'm confused about the repack rules. I posted some stages where zoom was the only thing was added to them and got banned. After appealing it with a moderator, I found out I was banned because what I posted was considered repacks. But, based off of what I read in this thread and in the official upload rules, and the fact that reposting stages and just adding zoom is a fairly common thing, I shouldn't have broken any rules. It might be because I posted them all at once and to quickly, but those are the only reasons that I can really think of. Once again, I apologize for bothering the mods and wasting their time, but I just want a more in depth explanation to my ban
    It seems like there is a tool that adds stage zoom automatically, and it does it very roughly. As explained above any repack made with such automatic tools is forbidden.

Besides judging from the names of your files, you were just trying to achieve a low effort promotion. It is stated in the rules that we expect a fair participation, and that spam and low effort posts are unwanted.

Uploads
    Comments

@Dizzy
    Should posting chars just adding winquotes also not be considered repack?
    http://mugenarchive.com/forums/customsignaturepics/sigpic35401_1.gif

Faça do dia de hoje o melhor dia da sua vida.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by kater15 View Post
    @Dizzy
    Should posting chars just adding winquotes also not be considered repack?
    That's a tough question. I guess a real translation (not a google translation) takes some effort so it may not count as a repack, but since it could easily go out of hand with massive addition of "translated" characters, I think we shouldn't allow that.

Uploads
    Comments

Hello everyone, I just have a question: just a couple of days ago I've uploaded my Ra's Al Ghul edition (char) and now I realize that's not the version I wanted to upload because it has a wrong .CMD file. What should I do, reupload it? (wouldn't that be a repack?) I wouldn't like to lose the likes and comments. Thanks in advance for your help.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Fronkie View Post
    Hello everyone, I just have a question: just a couple of days ago I've uploaded my Ra's Al Ghul edition (char) and now I realize that's not the version I wanted to upload because it has a wrong .CMD file. What should I do, reupload it? (wouldn't that be a repack?) I wouldn't like to lose the likes and comments. Thanks in advance for your help.
    You may post an update and request the update to be merged here : https://mugenarchive.com/forums/show...le-quot-thread

Thank you.

Uploads
    Comments

Entendi

desculpe mesmo! como estou nesse site desde agosto de 2019

é muita coisa nova ainda pra mim neste site!

pelo menos 3 personagens que estão até agora disponiveis são consideradas legais! graças a deus! :)