UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Question about programming attacks and combos

I'm not sure how to describe this problem. I'll just give you an example. Ok, so for this example, I'll be talking about Minoo's Kyon. If you press Crouch+B, it'll do a crouch kick attack and if you press Crouch+C, it'll do a chair attack. Normally, if you were to spam the crouch kick attack over and over, there will be a long delay between each attack and it will go rather slowly. If you were to execute the crouch kick attack and then immediately do the chair attack afterwards, the delay is much shorter and it'll attack faster. How do you program it like that? I want to program my character so that you can't just spam attacks and have to actually learn what buttons to press to make a good combo.

Also, does anybody have a good character making tutorial that is text-based? I'd like one that's text-based so that I can easily use Control+F to easily navigate through things. Oh, and I'd also like one that's especially in-depth in programming attacks.

Edit: Nevermind, I looked into the coding of Kyon and managed to find out how to get it to work. PM me if you're having the same problem, I guess.
    Last edited by Hyde233; Feb 17, 2016 at 22:33.