UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Question Official rant thread (not sure if anyone cares)

I guess why my post was trashed without answers, since my request to remove direct download links of MugenPixart Team's Saint Seiya Characters (my team's) was my righteus right, in respect of my team's authors, our ethic and policy.

I demand answers from forum's admin. Soon.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: ...Trashed?

Did I just wake up a couple of decades ago?
    1990-ish drama? Should I grab the popcorn?

Uploads
    Comments

No, it's 2015 but I'm an old-school mad.

Uploads
    Comments

I doubt any admin here will dignify such a post with an answer.

Besides the community doesn't care about such claims nowadays, sharing is the consensus and all old school sites are dead.

I could point at the irony of claiming copyright on a franchise you never owned to begin with but why bother. MUGEN is a game, it's all about having fun, not hoarding a handful of chars in a basement nobody cares about. So go tell your team that uploading your chars all over the web is the best way to get more attention.

Uploads
    Comments

For the record, admin answered me after I sent him a pm, and he wasn't so interested to talking (but menacing, yes).

I'm not claiming copyright on the franchise itself, but on Mugen creations, since the Saint Seiya Mugen material isn't like SF or MK characters where the sprites already exist or the moves are reproducted from games...Saint Seiya's ones are created totally from 0.

Most of Saint Seiya Mugen authors (Ultimate Cosmo, Sanctuary Soldiers) decided to turn on their project private 'cause some wise guys (TECLA for example) stole their original material to republish it with their names without authorization.

MugenPixart is exception: we approve to share our creations on site like yours and all over the world, provided that gamers don't have to download them directly from yours' and others' sites, but passing though our site and register theirself, it doesn't take much.

Warehouse sites like Mugenation before, and < > then, respect authors'will. Since this site and their admins doesn't do it, I guess my battle is lost before it starts.

Good times

Uploads
    Comments

It doesn't matter, you still used a third party IP. It's not illegal because it's "fair use", like fan art, but it also means you can't claim its copyright. If it was a completely original character, you might have had a point. But you just can't on one hand benefit from the reputation of third party IP, and on the other hand, claim its exclusivity. It's neither legal, nor even moral. So, you should just let it go.

Uploads
    Comments

Mad I want to complaint with you guys!

Hello, it's me DuckSS Farm.
    I have found out that you guys from this forum have been posting my stuff in downloads section.
    Well it looks like you were not reading my documentation files (In my characters' folders etc.), and it doesn't surprise me at all.
    I have never wanted my stuff to be hosted on other websites, because I have my own website where I update and release my stuff.
    So I want from you guys to delete my stuff from this website immediately, because people will download my not updated, non compactible and really old shitty creations which I made.

So every mugen creation I make can be only hosted on my website, and I have mentioned why.

I don't want to have a bad blood with you guys, and I'm trying to be kind in this situation.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: I want to complaint with you guys!

Why the hell nobody replies to my message? I'm being serious over here!

Uploads
    Comments

Maybe they've got their own lives to deal with? I may not like how things are done here either, but I know better than to be blatantly insensitive to such a degree to the other people who use and watch over the forums. Learn to be patient - it'll help you a lot. Trust me.

And secondly, after reading the earlier posts... Be done with it.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by DuckSS Farm View Post
    I'm being serious over here!

Uhm, sorry to stick my nose into matters that doesn't belong to me.
    Good day, may i ask what are your files uploaded here, DuckSS Farm? i would like to read what's in your files, maybe i could give you an answer even though i'm just a new guy? Also, maybe i'm a bit too old school, but wasn't the whole internet purpose to share things with others around the world? Wouldn't be limiting this sharing, a bit against anything the first ethernet makers wanted for their creation and for us? Sorry for my ignorance, i get insulted oftenly for that so i ask you to be patient with me, but i would really like to know this, it makes me really curious, because i really can't get when someone puts limits on the internet, but i really want to understand.

Uploads
    Comments

Nobody was replying for days, and so I wanted to ask why.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbandit100 View Post
    Uhm, sorry to stick my nose into matters that doesn't belong to me.
    Good day, may i ask what are your files uploaded here, DuckSS Farm? i would like to read what's in your files, maybe i could give you an answer even though i'm just a new guy? Also, maybe i'm a bit too old school, but wasn't the whole internet purpose to share things with others around the world? Wouldn't be limiting this sharing, a bit against anything the first ethernet makers wanted for their creation and for us? Sorry for my ignorance, i get insulted oftenly for that so i ask you to be patient with me, but i would really like to know this, it makes me really curious, because i really can't get when someone puts limits on the internet, but i really want to understand.
    The only reason is that I just hate when that happens, I upload something, and somebody host it on other website. The worse thing is when I find the bugs in my creations and I need to update them, and person who uploaded my creations might ignore the updates and those creations would stay unupdated. Also some people took my characters and stages from my full games (and I don't want people to take my characters and stages from my full games) and those characters and stages are not designed to be for default mugen at all.

You know what, I'll just ignore this discussion and I'll tell the other people from other mugen communities to do not download my creations from this website.

Uploads
    Comments

I would suggest you to add a comment on your file with a link to your site for updates, or use the official "update the char" thread.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Creator here to ask a question

So, I'm aware that this place uploads things to its own servers as a source of backup. I'm fine with that and could really care less about it(or the adfly thing, yadda yadda yadda). However, my original files are all located on my personal servers and I'd like those links to be added into my stage's profiles with direct links so people have the option of getting them from my servers without having to resort to using adfly links. If my servers go down, people can feel free to update the files if I've updated them and can use your links at that time. How can we make this happen?

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Creator here to ask a question

Done ;D

Uploads
    Comments

Thanks, bruh.

Uploads
    Comments

Hoshi, you've posted on other sites that adfly infects computers.
    Please either edit out that claim or prove it by posting immediately a virustotal scan of an infected adfly url.

If you fail to do either, then you're just spreading false rumors against the site and you will be permanently banned.

i request that my modok not be pinned anymore in marvel. i also ask that if any old versions are online, delete those. 1 part because of the same premise duckss used in how didn't want old versions available that are broken.

p.s. how do you pm people on here?
    Last edited by volzzilla; 21st June 2016 at 14:28.

Uploads
    Comments

To PM, you need to go to the profile of who you want to PM, then you click "Send a PM".
    I like to play videosgames and explode them after. What did you except from a creeper ?

Reviving an post be like: https://youtu.be/hihEhsdwiIk

Uploads
    Comments

Hoshi is claiming on other forums that he never did say anything about ad.fly.

Well.. just to show the truth, and clarify that we are not doing it "for nothing"

It's an affirmation. If this isn't spreading false rumors, then I'm a grandma XD lmao

Last edited by Left4Joker; 21st June 2016 at 16:15.