UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Beware We're looking for Reviewers

Hi,

We're looking for reviewers, mostly for characters we host.

Reviews should have at least 200 words. Video reviews are accepted too.

Please post a few quality reviews and after posting your reviews, request admission to the reviewer group with links to your reviews. If the reviews are good enough, they will be added to the character's description and your account will be promoted and benefit from the associated VIP privileges.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Dizzy; 24th April 2017 at 18:11. Reason: Clarification.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Goku hd review

GOKU HD

Basically, if you've downloaded High Res MUGEN, you're going to have this guy as one of the two starting characters, along with Kung-Fu Man. Unlike Kung-Fu Man, or kfm720 as you'll come to know him, who's novelty wears off after the announcer says "FIGHT!" the first time, Goku is a useful and colorful addition to anyone's High Res Mugen 'char' Folder.
    Goku HD comes with a well mapped control scheme, utilizing all the keyboard or gamepad buttons, which is imperative for launching devastating combos, which he comes with plenty of. I personally prefer to play on a 360 Controller for Windows, and he handles much like a next gen character on a console.
    He has a very well colored sprite with rich animations, rarely showing any signs of glitches or poor design. He reacts well with other characters, responding appropriately to grabs, throws and special moves that some other characters do not have animations for.
    True to the DBZ franchise, Goku has all the sounds and special moves fans will know and love. He's a well planned out fighter with some of the best execution out of any HD Mugen character I've seen. If you don't have him yet, or threw him out because, like Kung-Fu Man, you thought he was garbage, go download Goku HD today!

-FridayM

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Goku hd review

Hi im sure that i can make a grat job making that but if i do that it means that i can ask for chars (like ask some one to do one for me)

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by DaftXarvis View Post
    Hi im sure that i can make a grat job making that but if i do that it means that i can ask for chars (like ask some one to do one for me)
    No.

Uploads
    Comments

OK thank, any way im interest on do reviews

Uploads
    Comments

where should we post the reviews?

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDio View Post
    where should we post the reviews?
    You can post your reviews on this sub-forum.

Uploads
    Comments

Aight, I'll get down to doing some tomorrow.
    「THE WORLD」IS MINE!

Uploads
    Comments

Uploads
    Comments

It's been added.

Uploads
    Comments

sorry for the incredibly late reply to this but ill be happy to review each and every character I download and play from this, also has anyone ever attempted to review every character on mugen archive?

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by SootiestGameo View Post
    sorry for the incredibly late reply to this but ill be happy to review each and every character I download and play from this, also has anyone ever attempted to review every character on mugen archive?
    of course not, i dont think we even have a screenpack big enough to hold every character.
    「THE WORLD」IS MINE!

Uploads
    Comments

Can I make my reviews as videos?
    「THE WORLD」IS MINE!

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: We're looking for Reviewers

Well, I'd be happy to do this. I've already left quite a few reviews of the characters I've downloaded so far. Not all of them, as I haven't even played half yet (I will eventually do all of them) but I look forward to doing this. I mean...I have no idea how good some characters are. A good description or brief summary of over-all gameplay and such would be rather nice. That's what I've been doing.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDio View Post
    Can I make my reviews as videos?
    Sure, that would be great, as long as they are truly reviews, and not just a gameplay video.
    Video reviews are more popular than plain text reviews, nowadays, nobody likes reading anymore.

Uploads
    Comments

Whip Review
    "Whip '03" by H

As one of my favorite characters from KoF, I must do her review first. First & foremost, the accuracy to the original. I like that she starts off with the select style from normal, KoF, and SNK. There is indeed some custom things there with her moves, but I do like that all her moves (including all the instant down-moves she had) was included. Thank goodness all her supers are also there. Though she is a bit hard to play with, it's what I like about her. She fights like a REAL KoF fighter. She has the usual system of moves (four-button system, one for evade and the other a strong knockdown If I'm not mistaken. I'll go back and check later.) She has all of the original palettes from the game. Many people who have re-made this character forget to add in her low-hitting pistol attack. She has all the audio she had in KoF, which is good because...some characters really need a soundpack with them. Whip is definitely one of them. Anyway, her play-style is just as timed as it was for KoF. Wait for an opening and deliver punishment accordingly. To sum it up, she is well done. She plays very well, has all of her attacks, sounds, and animations. Also...No bugs or glitches that I ran across at all. Although her A.I. is non-existent, I still love this character.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by The7thfang View Post
    Whip Review
    "Whip '03" by H

As one of my favorite characters from KoF, I must do her review first. First & foremost, the accuracy to the original. I like that she starts off with the select style from normal, KoF, and SNK. There is indeed some custom things there with her moves, but I do like that all her moves (including all the instant down-moves she had) was included. Thank goodness all her supers are also there. Though she is a bit hard to play with, it's what I like about her. She fights like a REAL KoF fighter. She has the usual system of moves (four-button system, one for evade and the other a strong knockdown If I'm not mistaken. I'll go back and check later.) She has all of the original palettes from the game. Many people who have re-made this character forget to add in her low-hitting pistol attack. She has all the audio she had in KoF, which is good because...some characters really need a soundpack with them. Whip is definitely one of them. Anyway, her play-style is just as timed as it was for KoF. Wait for an opening and deliver punishment accordingly. To sum it up, she is well done. She plays very well, has all of her attacks, sounds, and animations. Also...No bugs or glitches that I ran across at all. Although her A.I. is non-existent, I still love this character.
    You're supposed to make your reviews as threads in theReviews and Ratings section.
    「THE WORLD」IS MINE!

Uploads
    Comments

Yeah...I didn't read that closely. My bad.

Uploads
    Comments

Can you review my review, please ?
    Here is mine: http://mugenarchive.com/forums/showt...-s-Zero-Review
    I like to play videosgames and explode them after. What did you except from a creeper ?

Reviving an post be like: https://youtu.be/hihEhsdwiIk

Uploads
    Comments

this is interesting, can i join too? i really want to start making reviews for the dc and marvel chars, mostly just to post my point of view of their movesets and ideas, i used to have a video series called the forgotten warriors, but it was not working good for me to review them, i cant make videos anymore, but i hope i can make written reviews... if i had any chance?