UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Why most of my characters are PRIVATE.

Hey guys, this is AAZE. I create unique characters ! But have you noticed I haven't posted any of my newer characters? I posted Kaoru because she's a fan favorite. A lot of people wanted her. Unfortunately I won't be posting her full version due to the amount of people stealing and claiming my hard work to be theirs. If I do post her it will be a private file, and only a select few who give me their word will be able to download her. Along with all my other Characters.This is very Upsetting to me, if anyone has a way of locking the sprites or anything; please let me know.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Why most of my characters are PRIVATE.

thats bogus im sorry to hear that

oh boy, be ready for your inbox to get full from people asking you to give them your private chars promising they won't leak it...

Uploads
    Comments

im at my wits end wanting op ssj4 gogeta/god but it says i need more bogus *** threads to level up

- - - Updated - - -

btw my dude it aint like that fam im just a newb wanting to level up but this thing hates me

Uploads
    Comments

@nagatoash. Help yourself at the Non-Mugen Thread Discussion. It's where you can find awesome topic and spread your post there, you will get ranked up pretty fast and access to the DL area as much as you want.
    Also download up to 100mb files. XD
    Ma kumwail anahne sawas, Peki rehi..
    And you are my only true friend. XD

Welcome to my blog.
    https://bradsalo.blogspot.com/2017/1...tages.html?m=1

Uploads
    Comments

Haha I feel you nagatoash. XD!

Uploads
    Comments

no shit! this happened to me multiple times and what they cant steal they will by least try to copy and release a clone dummy
    from your video's.i fully understand and respect your choice Aazureis,i use to hate private chars until some nutcase stole my
    work.plus i also believe private chars makes mugen more interesting

if they want a private character, do not ask for it, better create your own char and never show it :v
    What happen, my girl? you like sweets Between my legs!!!
    I have something for you!https://sites.google.com/view/shadaloomugen18

Uploads
    Comments

Ugh, as a fellow Mugen-or, I feel your pain... People stealing your hard work is painful.
    There should be a way to watermark your characters, so it prevents stealing in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Aazureis View Post
    Hey guys, this is AAZE. I create unique characters ! But have you noticed I haven't posted any of my newer characters? I posted Kaoru because she's a fan favorite. A lot of people wanted her. Unfortunately I won't be posting her full version due to the amount of people stealing and claiming my hard work to be theirs. If I do post her it will be a private file, and only a select few who give me their word will be able to download her. Along with all my other Characters.This is very Upsetting to me, if anyone has a way of locking the sprites or anything; please let me know.
    The thing is, if you want too keep the characters private, then the best way is to not post anything about it, so no one wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by Migmis2128 View Post
    plus i also believe private chars makes mugen more interesting
    I think private characters where never something interesting, I can understand if someone keeps a character private because it's unfinished and needs some work etc.
    But most of the time Private characters are just something people use to show off, nothing more and nothing less... "Hey look at me I have something you will nerver get".. bah..

Uploads
    Comments

I know how you feel, if you finish your characters and they are 100% Completed, I'm sure you'll make your Mikasa and Kaoru great characters.

Whilst I respect any author's decision to keep their works private, as I have made a few creations just for myself, I think the better mentality is to keep any private creations out of the public eye no matter what. Otherwise, people will storm you with requests to obtain the creation in-question since they may want it for themselves. I mean, one of my UNFINISHED creations got leaked (I wasn't even credited for it) but I didn't go on lockdown and say "No more characters for y'all REEEEEEEEEE". Yes, it makes me mad that someone I trusted would do that, but I can't let it hold me back from making and releasing Mugen creations.

Again, if you want to keep your characters private, that's perfectly fine. I'd just recommend not showing them off to the public as to avoid getting spammed with requests for the character.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Aazureis View Post
    Why do you even care, if everyone knows the release is from you, and everyone knows its your character, why give a d*mn about people who hustle with your coding?, you get all the repect your the owner, WHY YOU CARE??????????? put up big middle figer and just dont care, besides there could be some1 who make a really cool 2nd edition to yours, whats wrong with that eh? Peace Anthimus

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bison shadaloo View Post
    if they want a private character, do not ask for it, better create your own char and never show it :v
    When are you going to change for the better, cause you way of thinking, got nothing to do with how we all M.A. family feel about these things. Change you attitude youngster....
    Water Food and a Roof is all i need to enjoy life

ohh well!! o.o
    What happen, my girl? you like sweets Between my legs!!!
    I have something for you!https://sites.google.com/view/shadaloomugen18

Uploads
    Comments

Hello.

I would like to share some information about locking sprites.
    After looking at the .sff file of this character (not sure if the same
    exact version), I noticed that all sprites, in Fighter Factory, have
    a single color. The palettes are correct but, no matter what,
    the sprites are made of one color, only.
    Perhaps some method of protection? Already saw that on
    another character (which I do not remember now).

— Thanks

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Helel View Post
    Hello.

I would like to share some information about locking sprites.
    After looking at the .sff file of this character (not sure if the same
    exact version), I noticed that all sprites, in Fighter Factory, have
    a single color. The palettes are correct but, no matter what,
    the sprites are made of one color, only.
    Perhaps some method of protection? Already saw that on
    another character (which I do not remember now).
    And there were others wich were not visible at all when opened there.

Uploads
    Comments

Hmmmm. Never ran to this situation. So take what I say with a grain of salt.

Frankly, as long as you can archive the work as you being the first, original creator of the file, then I see no wrongs of posting it publicly. MugenArchive here has a date/author system of telling who did what, and would make it simple and easy to archive in the internet as you being the first to create.

Now, having your work taken and not crediting you sucks hard. But there's very little that can be done to avoid theft unless you make the character inaccessible through normal coding. Which is unfortunately impossible for something like Mugen, that has a catch-all coding method for easy content intergration.

Only thing you can do to limit who can get it, as you already are doing. Its just unfortunate that you have to do this to make your content worthwhile and not plagiarized to hell and back. I GUESS if any takeaway from this, is that you could be proud so many are ripping you off? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery... ech...

Uploads
    Comments

No posting or showing it isn't enough.
    To tell somebody "i did things only for myself" already makes no sense.

Uploads
    Comments

hello, I was the person who published xiao lon, I explain, until today, nobody has published the char, and you say we have patience until when, until 2030 ?, If you are the original author, prove it and finish your Char as fast as possible, you think that people are not desperate to see new chars for mugen, and if you do not complete it, believe me with this beta version already someone will

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by radatlas View Post
    hello, I was the person who published xiao lon, I explain, until today, nobody has published the char, and you say we have patience until when, until 2030 ?, If you are the original author, prove it and finish your Char as fast as possible, you think that people are not desperate to see new chars for mugen, and if you do not complete it, believe me with this beta version already someone will
    A little arrogant... don't you think?
    The creator specifically stated that he was going to eventually release it someday which doesn't mean "anyone who already has a beta go publish them!"

Unless you actually drew, aligned, animated, coded, tested and published a character from scratch, you'll never know how much effort and time that goes into one.
    The same thing where artists get mad cuz their songs get leaked before official release dates.

You can't say "I'm not at fault here" since you were the main reason why the creator is upset.