UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Default [WIP] Porygon2 joins the battle!

Hey, Ender here with another WIP character. Now I know I still need to finish-up Titanosaurus, but there's a roadblock preventing that... I am not exactly sure on where to go with him next when it comes to new specials and hypers. So, for the time being, I'll be working on a commissioned work as well as this; Porygon2.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mugen453.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	208.3 KB 
ID:	2760
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mugen454.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	2761
    Like my canned Ampharos character, this one uses sprites edited from Pokémon Black and White. Right now I've got next-to-nothing to show off; development has only recently started and with the commission taking priority (don't worry it's nearly done) I've had little time to do work on Porygon2. However, I can say I plan for it to differ from Roy's Porygon-Z whilst still taking some inspiration from it. Whereas Porygon-Z has more attacking power than it does defense, Porygon2 is the opposite; it has more defense but is hindered with slightly lower attack. I also plan for a moveset focused on support and status but with some attacking moves put into the mix as well.

Suggestions are welcomed. Stay tuned for more updates that will hopefully come very soon.

Default Re: [WIP] Porygon2 joins the battle!

Hey any new pokemon is good news. It's always hard to get started and show stuff but once you do you just can't stop until it's done. I always liked the concept of Porygon and before i knew about the seizure thing I always wondered why there never was a pokemon episode on this particularly famous pokemon from the U.S. release of the gameboy games? In the newer gens I really liked that they made a sort of evolved form of porygon so naturally I like this wip and I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll do! Genesect can eat his heart out LOL

Quote Originally Posted by A x ◿ View Post
    Hey any new pokemon is good news. It's always hard to get started and show stuff but once you do you just can't stop until it's done. I always liked the concept of Porygon and before i knew about the seizure thing I always wondered why there never was a pokemon episode on this particularly famous pokemon from the U.S. release of the gameboy games? In the newer gens I really liked that they made a sort of evolved form of porygon so naturally I like this wip and I'm looking forward to seeing what you'll do! Genesect can eat his heart out LOL
    Glad you're interested ^^ I'm hoping to make this a fun, versatile character. Mostly without jokes and references but such things have already been included into a few of the basics.

No seizure special? :P

LOL

Well probably for the best :P

BTW I don't know if you know this but you can make mugen pokemon characters do a variety of moves and not just based on pokemon type. Remember that pokemon can do other pokemon type attacks so Porygon doesn't just have to use type normal attacks. I think I've seen it use psychic attacks and maybe even metal? Though I go one further and even step out of the nintendo game limitations and explore what the pocket monster could theoretically do.

I remember in many youtube videos that there are pokemon that have wings and can clearly fly in the anime but in the videogames they for some reason can't learn the move fly?!?!?! What the HECK!?!?!?

So I say don't limit yourself in mugen but rather do more with it to make a really unique version of this pokemon. Think outside the box with Mr.Mime and make something uniquely more! ;)

Uploads
    Comments

porygon shock was unpleasant incident...

I forgot I made this thread, oops.

The character is still being worked on. I've just been more focused on finishing Pahpeeruz (the jokey Papyrus edit thing) before shifting focus to this one. Whilst no specials or hypers have been programmed yet, all basics (for standing, jumping, and crouching) are present and I do have a solid idea for what to add as specials/hypers. All that's left is to sprite and code them.

Round Birb prepares to dish out the pain.

In all seriousness, can't wait for more updates on this.

Uploads
    Comments

Looks great