UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Question What fictional universes you would/wouldn't want to live in?

This question came up to me when I was looking up Degrassi pictures on Google: What are some fictional universes you either would or wouldn't want to live in? Here's mine:
    Would Want to Live In:
    Gundam Build Fighters/Gundam Build Fighters Try: A universe where you can build Gundam model kits and fight other people with them? Sign me up!
    Mega Man Battle Network: I would take a Netnavi who busts viruses on my side over a "personal assistant" who does nothing but search information any day.
    Pokemon: Let's face it. Pokemon Go is a terrible app. Living in the actual Pokemon world would be so much better.
    Puyo Puyo: A world where everyone settles their disputes in a fun blob-matching puzzle game? That's cool!
    Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends: If this place was real, then would visit it in a heartbeat because I would be so happy to meet my old imaginary friend Frank again.
    Wouldn't Want to Live In:
    Degrassi: I mean too much teen drama happens there! Why is the Degrassi Community School still open after all of the massive amounts of ***, drugs, and violence that has happened within the school and the students? If Degrassi Community School existed (as an actual school) in real life, then it would be closed permanently by now!
    Every Gundam series other than Mobile Fighter G Gundam, Gunpla Builders Beginning G, Gundam Build Fighters, Gundam Build Fighters Try, and Gundam Build Divers: War and violence happen a lot in these series for crying out loud! If the war comes to you then you'll be screwed and being a part of the military isn't much better because you could be killed in battle at any moment!
    Touhou: If you're a human then you could be yokai chow once you arrive at Gensokyo. Also, to quote the Quarter Guy: "Too many bullets."
    Fire Emblem: It's like a medieval version of Gundam but without the giant mechs.
    Kamen Rider and Super Sentai/Power Rangers: Every week there's always a monster or group of monsters that terrorize the city. So, if you aren't a Kamen Rider or ranger then you'll be screwed.
    Ultraman: Same as Kamen Rider and Super Sentai/Power Rangers but the monsters are already giant

Please reply to this thread if you want to share what fictional universes you personally would/wouldn't want to live in Your replies would really be appreciated.
    Last edited by TheWhiteDevil27; Jun 24, 2018 at 16:29.
    The MUGENite formerly known as StrikeFreedomGirl555
    PPVS2 Username: Signum
    Trakt.tv account: https://trakt.tv/users/thewhitedevil27
    Letterboxd account: https://letterboxd.com/TheWhiteDevil27/

mulambo is offline user banned for repeated defamation, spreading plain lies with clear intent to damage people's reputation and/or ruin people's motivation Banned
    Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: What fictional universes you would/wouldn't want to live in?

Beavis and Butthead: doing nothing all day and thinking it all is awesome.. huuhhuhuhu.. cool
    GTA4: well, because you just don't die for starvation, you don't get prison for life or death penalty if you killed more than 1000+ people (out of the army, of course, lol) and hundred obvious reasons. Also everybody (even bots) respawns, so nobody gets hurt in the process.
    DragonBall:wouldn't mind flying without an aeroplane and all that fancy stuff done with the aura.

-not like-
    Children of Men or other distopic/apocalyptic future scenarios like "The Road" and similar movies/books. I would live in any else scenario, even Teletubbies, but not this kind of dystopian future.
    Last edited by mulambo; Oct 30, 2017 at 19:36.

Interesting Question, let's see.
    Would Want to Live In:
    Chobits: I think it would be nice to have a Computer in Human form, on days where no one else has time you would still have someone to talk to or play games with or whatever, and if something bad happens it could autonomously call for help or even help you, that would be realy practically.
    Wouldn't Want to Live In:
    Marvel/DC Universe: It would be terrible to live in one of this universes, Super Villians, Magical Monster and/or Aliens attack the major cities at least once a weak, and that is just good week when no one trys to conquer/destroy the entire World or changes History/reality.
    Ghost in the Shell: The World of Ghost in the Shell is horrifying, all the cyborg "People" are just marionettes that can easily be reprogrammed without even noticing it. And most of the normal people are either homeless people who don't have the money for cyborg stuff, or somekind of outcasts and scavengers living on old Oilplatforms and other places far away from the Cyborg society.

Uploads
    Comments

Would Like to Live In:
    Yu-Gi-Oh!:A Universe where we could use monsters to duel? Cool.
    Pokemon:Same as the first option, but with Pokemon.

Would Not Want to Live In:
    Ready Player One:It's like when Virtual Reality became the Real World and the Real World became a post apocalyptic place
    Devil Man:Anyone could be an overpowered demon/devilmen. And humanity went insane all because of one man.
    Fist of the North Star:Mad Max but 1000x worse.
    Violence Jack:When Devil Man and Fist of the North Star combine as one, you get this(sorta)?

Uploads
    Comments

YES:
    Fate Grand Order, Saving the world while having an army of waifus/husbandos sounds neat.

NO:
    Dark Souls/Bloodborne, Trying to survive in a world that'll probably kill me in a second.

Uploads
    Comments

Sakura Card Captors:
    I Was used to watch this since 2014,As well saving the world with Clow cards is an good idea.

Uploads
    Comments

Yes: Pokemon/any other game like Pokemon
    Wouldn't it be fun trying to not get injured by Mewtwo? YUP!
    Any anime ever:
    PUNCHING THINGS!?! YES!!
    Super Smash Bros.: Fighting with all-stars from Nintendo and other select third-party games? YES.

No: Danganronpa
    I wouldn't like being executed in a horrible fashion, thank you.

Uploads
    Comments

YES:
    Pokemon - AKA the obvious choice.
    Monster Hunter - Literally could become a race of near super-human dragon slayers with fighting cat companions.
    NO:
    Anything post-apocalyptic - Have you ever bothered to consider how DIFFICULT living in those conditions would be?

Uploads
    Comments

id want to live in jjba it be awsome to have a stand

Uploads
    Comments

Want to live:
    Dragon ball Z (under the condition that I can go SSJ)
    My Hero Academia (Again, only if i get awesome powers)

Wouldn't want to live:
    Berserk: I don't think I've ever seen a happy person in Berserk, and for good reason.
    Attack on Titan: Same as above.

Uploads
    Comments

Would:
    American Gods. There being so many Gods just chilling out everywhere is great.

Wouldn't:
    Drakengard. Just...no.

Uploads
    Comments

Pokemon would be a fun world for sure. The DragonBall world as well, even regular old humans can learn to fly and shoot energy out of their hands. Maybe I could surpass Yamcha one day... (probably wouldn't be that hard ^_^). Also the Marvel Comic Universe is pretty amazing too.

Uploads
    Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh!, from where we could duel with monsters that came out of the cards, it would be amazing.
    Also Dragon Ball, to use super powers and be able to push our body beyond the limits of creation.

Uploads
    Comments

Well the Problem is that you would Probably be killed in most of them, but Yu-Gi-Yo (No clue how to write that right) would be rather cool, especcially the 5D´s on (The one with the Vehicles) in my Opinion

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

I've had this discussion with someone on Discord before.

If we had a machine where we can get sucked into any kind of world we want to live in, Id assume we'd be stronger than our original selves, damage won't hurt as much as in real life, and you either never decapitate or have holes in your heart from stabbing or you will depending on how realisitc the game is. Also we'd be more athletic and stronger. Probably look different too. And if you die, you get sent back to the real world.

top 5 want to live in:

1. Final Fantasy IX:
    Bermecians, ability to be the classic FF classes such as white mages or archers (but not Black mages or dragoons), living in the rich Alexandria kindom, get to meet Freya Crescent, and the world is fun and is a true escapism of life.

2. Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

cute little moogles, get to join a clan, maybe even get recruited by Clan Nutsy, get to meet Montblanc, the FFTA cast are really awesome people, and the thieving bad ones are pathetic enough for me to not see any fear in them, and get to be all classic job classes

3. Sonic the Hedgehog/Mobius

Full off chibilike furries, everyone are really awesome people and the world destroyers like Infinite often easily get defeated, probably be faster than our original selves but either not by much or like by 20%. Nothing like Sonic himself. The main heroes are interactive and are willing to let you join on an adventure as long as y ou are strong enough, and the girls of Sonic are much more interactive with others (especially the likes of Honey the cat, Cream, and Amy)

5. Yokai watch
    One of the most safest placest to be in, Yokai exist and are easy to make friends with, You have a choice of living in the surface or living in the otherworld, the yokai world where things get weird but not enough to kill you. If you ever do die somehow, YOU become a yokai and it's the greatest thing ever.

(As Nostalgia Critic puts it, I like going one step beyond)
    6.Mega Man Battle Network

takes place in the mid 2000's, utilizes technology from that timeline and steps it up in a least expensive way

Honorable Mentions:

1. Pokemon

2. Phantasy Star Online 2

3. Xenoblade Chronicles

4. Mega Man Legends

Top 5 worst

1. Crazy Bus

Might as well tell the system to take you to Hell.

2. IWBTG

Everything wants to kill you and everything is bizarre. Good thing you don't suffer from fall damage here but getting from point a to point b will be a pain in the ***, and don't try to eat fruits. You'll explode into a million pieces.

3. Minecraft/Roblox

Boring, empty, no one is there, and as for roblox, have fun with screaming whiny kids

Yume Nikki, DDLC, ****** party, or any horror game out there

Self explanitory. I hate being scared. As for DDLC, if it takes place in the secret ending, sign me up. Come here, Sayori!

5. Grand Theft Auto

Tbh, we already live in GTA, technically. Though I will see myself using the machine to take myself back West Coast.

Dishonorable mentions

1. Big Rigs

2. An empty Unity project

3. Super Mario Brothers

4. Hitman

5. Fallout New Vegas
    Last edited by Plusle2019; Mar 04, 2018 at 14:53.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Dergunther View Post
    Well the Problem is that you would Probably be killed in most of them
    That's why we have Shenlong
    And Yu-Gi-Oh! is writen like that as you can see as well in my previous post.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Imperius View Post
    That's why we have Shenlong
    And Yu-Gi-Oh! is writen like that as you can see as well in my previous post.
    I see Thank you

Uploads
    Comments

Dragonball universe all the way.
    Once I get my hands on those dragon balls, I'll be filthy rich and powerfull.
    and immortal.

Uploads
    Comments

Wouldn't mind living in:
    * Clarissa Explains it All
    * Kingdom Hearts
    * Scooby-Doo Where are You / Scooby-Doo Mystery Inc.
    * Akazukin Chacha
    * Kino no Tabi
    * Dragon's Dogma
    * The 12th Planet by Zecharia Sitchin
    * The Addams Family
    * Disney's Hercules
    * A version of our world without terrorism, gang violence, modern tribalism, oligarchs manipulating politics.
    * A version of our world where video games don't have paid / day 1 DLC, came out complete, isn't driven by identity politics.

Not sure if I want to live in, but still interesting:
    * H.P Lovecraft's universe
    * End of Evangelion
    * 1990's Night of the Living Dead
    * Silent Hill (I just won't live in Silent Hill)
    * Resident Evil (Before the Outbreak)
    * Popeye
    * Tekken

Don't want to live in:
    * General DC & Marvel Multiverse
    * The Jetsons
    * Devil May Cry
    * The Matrix
    * Any distopian world where free speech is banned / censored and has thought polices roaming around
    * Any of Stephen King's worlds
    Last edited by emulator; Mar 07, 2018 at 16:26.

Uploads
    Comments

May or may not want to live in:
    Pokemon - There's a bit of fridge horror in letting 10-16 year old kids control super-powered animals but it'd be fine.
    My MUGEN Website: https://kris-kagura.webs.com/

Current PFP: Zorrigan

(Eventual) WIPS:
    Dynamic Edge (OpenBOR) - Base Roster and 1 secret character done. Almost complete with the levels.
    He Lucathicc PKTW - Rushed beta complete.