UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

News How do you properly pull off moves that use Quarter-circle-forward with a keyboard?

I have been wondering this recently, as I am fairly new to M.U.G.E.N. (and fighting games, in general). I am a typical JoJo fan so, after searching around for characters to download, i came across Amarimono's Kosaku Kawajiri. Having only just finished rewatching part 4, i wanted to try this kosaku out, because i found out it has Bites The Dust. And to do this you must be on very low health and input the following: quarter circle forward (on my keyboard it's: down, down-forward, forward) Stand, then Heavy Punch. I was only able to pull it off once, and not ever since. I would like some help with this. Thank you.

mulambo is offline user banned for repeated defamation, spreading plain lies with clear intent to damage people's reputation and/or ruin people's motivation Banned
    Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: How do you properly pull off moves that use Quarter-circle-forward with a keyboar

well, sometimes it's difficult for a keyboard user to go with multiple direction buttons at the same time (like DF, DB,etc..), so they're like D,F,x or D,B,x or B,D,F (half circle) and so on, with time = 3 or around that. but it's better to test the command so you can find a proper solution.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: How do you properly pull off moves that use Quarter-circle-forward with a keyboar

Thanks. I'll make sure to try it.

Uploads
    Comments

Spam the keys till it works haha

Uploads
    Comments

for Down Forward quarter circle, I usually press S, SD, D (i have WASD as my movement keys) very quickly. It seems to work.

Uploads
    Comments

I usually just mash buttons till it comes out XD

Uploads
    Comments

Using a keyboard is difficult, and when I used to use keyboard I had to mash it out (which usually resulted in a shoryuken motion) I think if you do it enough you'll have the muscle memory to throw a hadouken without any hassle!

I don't know why, but quarter circles have been so easy to do on a keyboard.

- - - Updated - - -

the way i did it was like what you do with tapping your fingers on a desk while your waiting or bored. (making that flow motion of d-df-f)
    Last edited by NNinja1255; 2nd May 2018 at 03:12.

Uploads
    Comments

never had that much trouble through my experience. seeing other experiences above, I guess it might be the keyboard itself(?) I don't know

Uploads
    Comments

I would just press any control buttons until it works many characters is complicated or pull power moves but many is just easy

Uploads
    Comments

what i usually do is just rub my finger over the down and right arrow key quick, it's inconsistent, but it works.

Uploads
    Comments

"Trial and error, Dean. Mostly error."

I agree with BigSloth, it mostly comes down to just practicing and spamming, until you decide you can handle it or use a different controller.