UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Nostalgic MUGEN Characters

I suddenly got this idea, i know it's weird, but it doesn't sound bad. To me, at least.

What are some MUGEN characters that make you feel 'nostalgic' for some reason?

Feel free to call me a weeb and attack me, but for some reason, Kid Naruto character makes me nostalgic, i know that i used to like Naruto as a kid way before Boruto and other stuff existed (don't know much about Naruto since i don't read/watch/play it) and sometimes, i played some old MUGEN 'games' and some of them had Naruto so, i kind of feel nostalgic whenever i see Naruto in MUGEN.
    I am talking about this one: (sorry if images/gifs are not allowed, if not, tell me so, i can edit this post)
    Attachment 6631
    Gomamon, Joe Kido's Digimon partner.

(Gomamon is a character from Digimon series. My username is obviously based on him.)

(Note: If you want to see my albums and/or post a Visitor Message, you have to be in my Contacts or Friends list. I made it that way because i am aware that not everyone likes my content/stuff i post and not everyone wants to talk to me.)

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Nostalgic MUGEN Characters

the first Trouble Man has some nostalgic value for me since i think that's the first thing by DrKelexo i downloaded.

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

I really don't have any nostalgic characters. Sorry if I defeated the purpose of your thread.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by ZEGA ZONIC View Post
    I really don't have any nostalgic characters. Sorry if I defeated the purpose of your thread.
    It's alright, don't worry.

(Gomamon is a character from Digimon series. My username is obviously based on him.)

(Note: If you want to see my albums and/or post a Visitor Message, you have to be in my Contacts or Friends list. I made it that way because i am aware that not everyone likes my content/stuff i post and not everyone wants to talk to me.)

Uploads
    Comments

All the roster of the Full Medley Cartoon Mix Mugen copilation of 2011, mostly because it was my first Mugen game. The roster was basically a mix between cartoon, anime and comics characters. With the ones I remember the most being Pingu by Mulambo, some of DDR's chars like Duck Dodgers and Super Mario 64, the super cheap final boss.

Uploads
    Comments

any chibi character just makes me yearn for the good old days when I played flash games (especially those based on Mario, Mega Man, and Sonic) a lot on the internet
    The MUGENite formerly known as StrikeFreedomGirl555
    Steam Username: StrikeFreedomCat
    Discord Username: TheWhiteDevil27#5809
    Trakt.tv account: https://trakt.tv/users/thewhitedevil27
    Letterboxd account: https://letterboxd.com/TheWhiteDevil27/

Uploads
    Comments

the famous super mario

Uploads
    Comments

M NES Game 1 and Catwalk. Way back when it was a requirement that any character I downloaded had to be able to beat those two things.

Hanyou-Youkai´s Naruto is nostalgic for sure, just not the same way for me I guess. I´ve always liked Super Mario 64 more despite being even more broken. I personally would go with Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, King of Fighters, Marvel, Melty Blood, EFZ, cartoons (Fox cartoons, Pingu, the Powerpuffs, HHPAYs, DDR´s chars, Buster Bunny, the oldest Bugs and Daffy), Nintendo chars, MH Sonic chars, Rayman... and more. There were times I knew very little about Tokinokuni-kei or Taruse but whatever. I connected to MUGEN especially over Pikawil, that Matthew guy and more from the times of YouTube.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Moondreamer View Post
    Buster Bunny
    Is that the blue bunny from the Tiny Toon Adventures cartoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Gomamon Nanaya View Post
    Is that the blue bunny from the Tiny Toon Adventures cartoon?
    Yeah, that thing was awesome! Way better than Animaniacs for example (it was smart with Warners, P and B and Rita and Runt but then repetitive and repetitive). Too bad people will confuse Tiny Toon with the baby spin-offs nowadays. And yeah, Buster is the central char and counterpart to Bugs. I always wrongly remember him Jazz Jackrabbit-like green instead of blue, no idea why. In MUGEN Buster is kinda like NES Mario, though not the same. He runs over corners and jumps through the enemy, he has quite little life, no custom AI but you can use it against normal Capcom and SNK characters I guess. There is still the creator´s video where he goes against Lucy Fernandez, at least I looked recently.

Uploads
    Comments

A weirdly nostalgic character for me is Peppa Pig.
    Interesting

Uploads
    Comments

Sonic & Mario because I had a mega drive and SNES in childhood

Uploads
    Comments

none so far, nothing is nostalgic for me :)

For me it's the Tekken characters. It was one of the first "serious" fighting games I've ever played with my brother, and seeing a MUGEN version of some of my favorite characters like Steve, or maybe even Bryan just makes me think back to when I first found it in my brother's game pile. (For context: When I say Tekken, I'm referring to Tekken 4 for the PS2)

A lot of the old Ryu and Ken edits, personally.
    The fancy schmancy ones that were for winmugen and 1.0, especially.
    Nostalgic.

Uploads
    Comments

maple story characters... mario gang, and final fantasy