UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Character Specific Win Quotes

Alright so I'm really stupid when it comes to coding and I'm trying to add win quotes to my characters which for the most part are all working but I cannot for the life of me get the character specific ones to work. I'm using 1.1 Mugen. Please help me with this lol

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Character Specific Win Quotes

Copy and paste this code to your -2 state.

[state -2, quote activation]
    type = VictoryQuote
    trigger1 = 1
    value = 1+(random%#) ;Replace # with how many regular (non-character-specific) quotes you have.

[state -2, specific quote]
    type = VictoryQuote
    trigger1 = enemy,name = "nameofcharacter" ;it will be used against this character
    value = # ;Replace # with the value of the quote you want to use.

Uploads
    Comments

I'm sorry for being somewhat ignorant but could you tell me exactly where to find the -2 state or where to create it? I have multiple quotes that I'm going to create and I may post them on here in case anybody wants the character (Sephiroth by Akira) with actual quotes.

Uploads
    Comments

I don't know if this code is specific to 1.0 or if it works in 1.1 too but whenever I add custom quotes to characters I use the [State 180] quote code. I thought I first discovered it in Arkady's Exodus, but looking at the versions we have here they both only have standard quotes. I guess I just picked it up somewhere along the line and associated it with that character, but since I did he gets to be your example lol.

I've uploaded the Exodus from my personal section for you here. Download him, pop open his named CNS file and scroll down. You're looking for two sections in particular, one is labeled [Quotes] and has a big banner so you don't miss it. That's where the quotes themselves go. Scroll down a little more to [Statedef 180], right after that you'll find the code for the custom quotes (and a code for a perfect victory if you want one of those too). The quote values have to match up with the values you assign them to in the quotes section, and Enemy, Name value has to match up with the character you want your character to have the custom dialogue for. Just copy and paste these sections into the character you want to make new winquotes for and edit as needed.

Hope this helps you out. I've seen the above code Imperius described too, but it always baffled the **** out of me so I couldn't really explain it to you. I don't know if that's a 1.1 specific code or just a more complicated code usable in both versions.

Uploads
    Comments

Thank you so much I'm about to try that and I'll make sure to tell you if it works! :D

Uploads
    Comments

Please do, I'm curious to know the answer to that one myself.

Uploads
    Comments

It may only work in 1.0... Oh well, thanks for helping anyway because I know how to do it in 1.0 at least!

Uploads
    Comments

Damn, sorry to hear it didn't work... well, at least now I know what's up with that different code. And it looks like we'll both be learning something from Imperius when he returns!

Uploads
    Comments

Yeah lol I'm attempting to put his code in but it doesn't seem to be affecting anything. I'm trying to use quotes 19-20 against Infinite's Cloud but yeah lol. Btw I'm putting quotes into Akira's seph which the reason why I'm having so much trouble may be because of the character's age considering how old the character is. Maybe if this doesn't work I'll look at the way Infinite made his.

Uploads
    Comments

Oh, that might have something to do with it too. I've had older characters bug out on me when I tried adding custom winquotes to them, sometimes I could fix it and sometimes I couldn't.

You can try changing the character's version date to 1.0 (go into the .def file to do this). It's a really simple fix but sometimes I found it was all that was needed.

Uploads
    Comments

He doesn't actually have a version date lol. I tried it Infinite's way and it didn't work. Guess I'll figure it out myself or wait for a Mugen god to swoop in and save me

Uploads
    Comments

Okay, I checked out the character you're trying to edit and it looks like you might need to put the two quote sections in two separate files. The first section with the actual quotes should go in sephiroth_ak.cns while the second section with the actual code should go in the sephiroth_ak_st.cns file (the one where the statedef 180 code is located with this character). I don't know if you tried that already, but if you didn't that might be your problem.

Probably should have looked at your character from the start, but hey, trial and error. Try that and see if it helps.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary Cheerios View Post
    I'm sorry for being somewhat ignorant but could you tell me exactly where to find the -2 state or where to create it? I have multiple quotes that I'm going to create and I may post them on here in case anybody wants the character (Sephiroth by Akira) with actual quotes.
    Search for the line [Statedef -2] into all cns files.
    If you can't find just create it in the end of the main cns file and paste the code i sent under it.
    And you will have to create one code like that for every specific quote you want.
    Here is an example to make things easier:

[Statedef -2]
    [state -2, quote activation]
    type = VictoryQuote
    trigger1 = 1
    value = 1+(random%8) ;i have 8 normal quotes so i put the number 8 after the %.

[state -2, specific quote]
    type = VictoryQuote
    trigger1 = enemy,name = "Batman" ;it will trigger when i win a game against Batman.
    value = 3 ;it will use the quote number 3 in my list of 8.
    Last edited by Imperius; 16th August 2017 at 17:03.

Uploads
    Comments

Thank you so much. I'm going to try that now that I understand better.

Uploads
    Comments

So I've just finished with the quotes. Apparently sephiroth_ak stopped working after I tried Imperius's way (let's face it tho, I'm kinda dumb so I was probably doing it wrong.) so I used one of my spares and did milbury's version which it still didn't work... Then I figured out it was the other seph's cns... I'm a mugen god. Thank you both though, this has really helped. I'll go ahead and post him in the Final Fantasy section now!

Uploads
    Comments

Show me the way step by step what you've done. I'm struggling over here in Jersey. Thank you

Uploads
    Comments

What character are you trying to add quotes to? So I can look through their files and find the Def state 180 to put it under

Uploads
    Comments

I'm trying to do it using Morrigan from Darkstalkers to test it out. Author; Phantom.of.the.Server. Is it character specific when you install quotes?

Uploads
    Comments

You can make it character specific with a different code but let me look at her real quick to find the statedefs I need.

Uploads
    Comments

I just did it with her using her def and it worked. I think when it comes to doing it you have to apply the same State # and code syntax and place it in the same game state. Some people have it in the .cns file though. its also not allowing me to upload the .st file

- - - Updated - - -

just did a fun one with Morrigan vs Len from Melty Blood.