UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

Default A change for the 18+ section

I think we should have some kind of option to be able to filter the 18+ section. Also, if an account appears to be under 18, then the "hide 18+" checkbox is greyed out or hidden and is selected by default.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: A change for the 18+ section

The bad thing about this is that many users don't disclose their age and I don't remember if they need to put the date of birth when registering the account on the site. But that's a good idea @Megaman.
    http://mugenarchive.com/forums/customsignaturepics/sigpic35401_1.gif

Faça do dia de hoje o melhor dia da sua vida.

Uploads
    Comments

Instead of changing that, what if we do something about people putting images on other people's post? One can easily get sabotaged into getting an infraction for having 18+ images because someone wants to mess with you or just hates you for some reason.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by aka2810 View Post
    Instead of changing that, what if we do something about people putting images on other people's post? One can easily get sabotaged into getting an infraction for having 18+ images because someone wants to mess with you or just hates you for some reason.
    We admins have access to logs and we can tell who has uploaded an image, so it's not so easy to sabotage someone's file and get away with it. The permissions are set this way so that uploaders can occasionally help with the missing pictures if they wish to. I didn't expect an uploader would do this, so we might have to reconsider the current permissions.

About the topic, if the point is to prevent minors from accessing 18+ content, we all know it doesn't work because they will lie about their birth date.

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

Not just that... also i do know that, but i think itd be great for those like me who want 18+ to be disabled. Personally, i think it can also cut down on drama.

Uploads
    Comments

hoo boy. talking about this. might make a lot of people mad. but. while i agree with the fact that there should be a filter for the 18+ section, removing it entirely may not be the best option. while it would cut down on drama, there's also the thought of starting new drama that could be a problem. considering some of the 18+ stuff is on the most downloaded list. furthermore, this is the only mugen site that provides the 18+ option, that i know of. and I'm greatful for that. its a refreshing change of pace when i dig myself into a rut for regular mugen characters. then again. i may be slightly biased because of the fact that i browse the 18+ section regularly. but hey. give it a thought.
    ****y lady has such nice meat buns!

Uploads
    Comments

I wasn't even aware there was an 18+ section. It just seemed like no one talked about the edits except on the actual files.

Uploads
    Comments

ok gooood)))

Uploads
    Comments

busco char shaka gold divine

I suppsoe that's best for searching....then It wouldn't be a problem for people who don't want to see it anymore. Everyone wins
    http://67.media.tumblr.com/8782c81f2...vfqfo1_540.gif

Twisted Misery. They always ask why.....it's the best part.

"My work ask questions, it never has answers"- Khada Jhin, the Virtuoso

https://crustula.files.wordpress.com...if?w=474&h=266

Uploads
    Comments

The only problem with age-restricted things is that anyone can lie on the internet. Now we won't have to worry about an 8 or 12 year old doing it, but people in their teens might

Uploads
    Comments

Removing the 18+/18+ section in any way really is the worse course to take, IMHO. There are many people who are into game design, such as myself, who are interested (in various ways) how such content can be incorporated into a game and be user-generated. Like with the debacle of real life violence and shooter video games, the responsibility behind minors accessing this content lies on the parents...perhaps make the message that it is for people 18 years of age or older, somehow, much more prominent and as a warning?

Uploads
    Comments

May be off topic, but why not add an 18+ Beyond Mugen section? I mean, complete the set.