UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Have you ever thought about creating a 100% Original Character?

Quote Originally Posted by PinguinMangaka View Post
    Thanks! where can I find the link? I will try to post, but for now, it will only be sprites.
    Just look for Mugen Brasil Discord on google and you will find it. Yeah, it will be great to see you creating your character.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Drahedron View Post
    Just look for Mugen Brasil Discord on google and you will find it. Yeah, it will be great to see you creating your character.
    Okay, thank you! :)

Uploads
    Comments

That's the main thing I'd like to do, and I'm also thinking about trying to figure out how to use them for a game if the character creation itself isn't too bothersome. Are there any groups or discords I can join for such help? I'm not a new challenger yet so I can't talk on the mugen archive discord.

Uploads
    Comments

I am doing this thing,no matter how difficult

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by herogold200 View Post
    That's the main thing I'd like to do, and I'm also thinking about trying to figure out how to use them for a game if the character creation itself isn't too bothersome. Are there any groups or discords I can join for such help? I'm not a new challenger yet so I can't talk on the mugen archive discord.
    Oh now you are a New Challenger. Well I don't know if there are groups about it but you can find lots of content in Youtube. Since you are from USA I guess it will be easy to you to find anything you want about character creation. I really hope to see your work some day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raynor View Post
    I am doing this thing,no matter how difficult
    Oh nice, have you started doing it? If so, show us what you already have.

Uploads
    Comments

It's been three years and my favourite thread is still kicking, so glad to see this.

Uploads
    Comments

It's been three years and I have made zero progress, oh well...

Uploads
    Comments

I've only ever had one OC I want to create for my own entertainment, and it is my OC named Trouble Maker (I know, really creative naming scheme I have)

So story on how I wanted to do it. He's a magician who uses cards to attack, by trapping them in said cards, throwing them, and having an effect on him if he drew a club, heart, diamond or spade card, basically a utility character who can switch styles by just popping a random card and will most likely be a ranged attacker rather than a close and personal brawler. His supers would have been utilizing magic tricks like cloning himself, transporting them to places, and trapping them in his own world if he pulls a Joker card which I called the World of Never-ending Laughter. This was an OC I made when I was 13 so I apologize if its cringe, bear with me on this one lol.

I would love to make it a reality but I'm not a tech savvy person, I can't even fix my own things sometimes so its only a pipe dream but I do fantasize it every now and then.

Uploads
    Comments

Yes, I thought about creating it, but nobody would care about such a character, not even me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iara0 View Post
    Yeah. My last post kinda explains my way of thinking better. I stand with "the bad outweighs the good".

Plus, when it comes to OC, people will often not accept criticism and, sometimes without realizing, they get too attached to them... They are CHARACTERS, tools. Not a part of your body. It's only natural to change and improve them.

I have several OCs and sometimes I even wish I would make one as a MUGEN character... But I think it would be selfish of me. Why would I make my "Cowgirl and Cow" when I could make something I know people would enjoy without risks (Like a Looney Tunes character. We need that sweet, sweet Duck Dodgers).

But I am all in for good OC. I enjoy Omega Tiger Woods and Evil Kung Fu Man.
    That part talking about people getting too attacked to them is completelly true, have seen somebody once claiming how hateable Numbuh 3 from KND was because she looked like a ripoff of that person's OC.

Uploads
    Comments

Ico Floppy 373

Yes, I think it would be great to create an original character... The problem is that there is a great possibility that people will ignore it. Users mostly like to see familiar characters, if not, it is simply ignored.
    There are some exceptions with some original characters, but they must have a really striking design...

Unfortunately, I lack creativity... As well as other requirements to create something amazing.

Proceeding without knowing what's 『real』

Uploads
    Comments

Are those really OCs? I wouldn't have never imagined it O.O

My creativity only covers stupid things, that's not very useful for this

Uploads
    Comments

Ico Floppy

Seeing very elaborate characters makes me think that my works are garbage (´・`)

Uploads
    Comments

This thread seems kind of old but I will reply anyway.

A year ago when I just joined MUGEN, I found hilarious that chars of Ronald McDonald, Colonel Sanders, Homer Simpson (to say some) exist, and not just that, they are insanely well chars (sprites and programming). I started to search for some meme chars. A year ago, one of the most popular memes at the time was Ricardo Milos. After a quick search, I got disappointed by don't find anything, at all. So, with high hopes and enthusiasm I started the Ricardos Milos project

I had past experience in creating simple sprites and mainly in editing others. Since I'm bad/lazy I used a urien sprite sheet as base for Ricardo Milos. I did't want it to have the exact same movements so I started changing it quite a lot (at least in my opinion), I had tons of ideas but I was too perfectionist since everytime I made some progress I stepped back to fix some sprites. My main goal was to make the char in around 3-5 months but seeing how slow my progress was with just creating the sprites, I lost hope in my deadline.

I tried to search for programming tutorials thinking that the sprite sheet was the hard part but I WAS SO WRONG. Then, I decided that I will not program the char and maybe get someone for that task, I just needed to finish the sprite sheet but it was far of being finished.

After all that, adding school and other concerns, I paused the project and more less give up.

Another important factor to address is that the Ricardo Milos meme has already died so theres no point now.

Uploads
    Comments

Not really tbh, but maybe one day i will

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by JonKK View Post
    It's been three years and my favourite thread is still kicking, so glad to see this.
    Haha, good to know it's your favorite thread, I hope this thread motivates people to start their own characters, I've seen some new ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yomi_Matsunaga View Post
    I've only ever had one OC I want to create for my own entertainment, and it is my OC named Trouble Maker (I know, really creative naming scheme I have)

So story on how I wanted to do it. He's a magician who uses cards to attack, by trapping them in said cards, throwing them, and having an effect on him if he drew a club, heart, diamond or spade card, basically a utility character who can switch styles by just popping a random card and will most likely be a ranged attacker rather than a close and personal brawler. His supers would have been utilizing magic tricks like cloning himself, transporting them to places, and trapping them in his own world if he pulls a Joker card which I called the World of Never-ending Laughter. This was an OC I made when I was 13 so I apologize if its cringe, bear with me on this one lol.

I would love to make it a reality but I'm not a tech savvy person, I can't even fix my own things sometimes so its only a pipe dream but I do fantasize it every now and then.
    Hey, I don't see a reason to think you can't do it. There are lots of tutorials on youtube and you can use any tool to draw your character, even paint brush

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peppermint Patty View Post
    Yes, I thought about creating it, but nobody would care about such a character, not even me.

- - - Updated - - -

That part talking about people getting too attacked to them is completelly true, have seen somebody once claiming how hateable Numbuh 3 from KND was because she looked like a ripoff of that person's OC.
    You are right, Original characters don't receive much love, but I guess you can create you own character for yourself. It's so cool to see your creation fighting other people's creations or famous characters. I created my own character and he doesn't receive much attention, but each message i receive about my character makes me feel really good

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Finola View Post
    Yes, I think it would be great to create an original character... The problem is that there is a great possibility that people will ignore it. Users mostly like to see familiar characters, if not, it is simply ignored.
    There are some exceptions with some original characters, but they must have a really striking design...

Unfortunately, I lack creativity... As well as other requirements to create something amazing.
    Come on Finola, I've seen you liked my character and I'm really glad to know that, I am sure if you try to create something it will be amazing. The problem is that you must not work on him thinking about finishing it. Doing your character alone may take a long time unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -
    @insane_void

Its sad to hear you canceled your project, but since you already started why not changing the sprites to something original?On youtube you can find lots of tutorials about creating a basic character, this part is not hard, I don't know if you started for that part, like basic punches, basic kicks
    Last edited by Drahedron; Aug 26, 2020 at 01:50.

Uploads
    Comments

If I had a better computer I would love to make a character but due to my limitations, it's tough, I have hundreds of ideas and no way to make them

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Drahedron View Post
    Haha, good to know it's your favorite thread, I hope this thread motivates people to start their own characters, I've seen some new ones.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, I don't see a reason to think you can't do it. There are lots of tutorials on youtube and you can use any tool to draw your character, even paint brush

- - - Updated - - -

You are right, Original characters don't receive much love, but I guess you can create you own character for yourself. It's so cool to see your creation fighting other people's creations or famous characters. I created my own character and he doesn't receive much attention, but each message i receive about my character makes me feel really good

- - - Updated - - -

Come on Finola, I've seen you liked my character and I'm really glad to know that, I am sure if you try to create something it will be amazing. The problem is that you must not work on him thinking about finishing it. Doing your character alone may take a long time unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -
    @insane_void

Its sad to hear you canceled your project, but since you already started why not changing the sprites to something original?On youtube you can find lots of tutorials about creating a basic character, this part is not hard, I don't know if you started for that part, like basic punches, basic kicks
    Wasn´t that considered original? I guess I shouldn't use Urien as base since he has a lot of shadows.

Yes, but after trying to learn and seeing how hard it is, I gave up. I can’t even create a joke character with glitched sprites…

Uploads
    Comments

I would like to use my imagination, which is actually big, really big, but i'm constantly wasting inspiration thanks to the lack of skills..
    KeanuK, the good boi.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by South View Post
    Yes, but after trying to learn and seeing how hard it is, I gave up. I can’t even create a joke character with glitched sprites…
    Same, sorry if my comment is offensive and pathetic, but i myself am trash at drawing sprites, and i don't know a single thing about MUGEN coding so, i could never make a MUGEN character. But hey, no need to force myself, methinks.
    Gomamon, Joe Kido's Digimon partner.

(Gomamon is a character from Digimon series. My username is obviously based on him.)

(Note: I often accept friend requests.)

"I hate myself and i want to die." - Kurt Cobain