UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Have you ever thought about creating a 100% Original Character?

Quote Originally Posted by catterhatter View Post
    Yes, definitely. I already draw many original characters. And I can do pixel artwork even though I'm slow and it can look a bit awkward. The toughest part is making it a fluid animation since I have no practice there.
    I'd be curious to see how some of my demons and weirder beings would fare as MUGEN characters. I just need to set aside the time to devote to making them.
    Yes, definitely making the whole animation, all frames, shadings and think about which movements would make sense on your character is the thoghest part, I would love to work on some new movements, so I just keep doing small changes on him, unfortunately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Busdriver View Post
    I was working on an original character for mugen once. I started when at one point I had lost my internet for a while and had no way to download new ones. This was back when I was still getting my mugen roster going so that was my main motivation. I had mine sprite wise done and just needed to work on the other things via fighter factory. But just when I was getting it done, the pc I had the character on just stopped working. I lost everything in the process.

I haven't started again, I've thought about trying but I just don't have the time anymore. These days I take my creative moments and use them to make games for friends and family, or make myself games. Or I type out little stories with friends. Any free time I do have is reserved for rl means and sometimes relaxing and playing a game. Maybe someday in the future when I'm feeling up to things and rl cools down for me I'd like to try again.
    Agreed, the problem on creating new characters is that we don't have enough time to work on them. I don't think it should be easier, I guess the reason why we give value to it is because just a few people can stand the challenge of creating an original character, but I can understand why this kind of projects are so rare. Now I almost have no time, I really try to keep my eyes open to the mugen comunity but as you can see it took me months to answer the thread.

Uploads
    Comments

i was planning out the moveset for an entirely original char and i got mostly through it, i fell off though. i think i just got lazy and realized that i would have to make a looooooooot of sprites and figure out how to program him to be able to make it happen. plus school stuff came up with finals for the trimester so i haven't really done much lately. not sure how i would get it done, but i do want to do it still

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by knightredolent View Post
    i was planning out the moveset for an entirely original char and i got mostly through it, i fell off though. i think i just got lazy and realized that i would have to make a looooooooot of sprites and figure out how to program him to be able to make it happen. plus school stuff came up with finals for the trimester so i haven't really done much lately. not sure how i would get it done, but i do want to do it still
    Have you made any sprite of him? I twould be nice to see how it looks like.

Uploads
    Comments

not yet. i’m not very educated on how to make them. i was about to start working on somehing like that, whether it was designing a stage or making char sprites but i didn’t get to it

Uploads
    Comments

That will be TOOOOOO hard...

Uploads
    Comments

Definitely have. Its a bit hard because I'm not too good at spriting up models. Apart from that I think it could be quite easy to do.