UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Question What are some TV shows/movies you've watched that were ruined by the ending?

Inspired by the Nostalgia Critic's Editorial: "Can a Ending Ruin a Film?"
    For example:
    The ending ruined Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans for me. It was a good series until the second half of the final episode (right after they killed off the main character Mika just for "shock value") where things went downhill to a point that it made me never want to watch the series ever again. I know the ending was supposed to be tragic and Gundam series are known for being tragic but it just felt like a horrid knock-off of the "Extended"/"Final Plus"/"HD Remastered" ending of Gundam SEED Destiny to me. (Note that this is coming from someone who actually felt the "Extended"/"Final Plus"/"HD Remastered" ending of Gundam SEED Destiny was an amazing conclusion because it closed off the series neatly while keeping viewers wanting more.)

So, what are some great movies/TV shows you've watched that had bad conclusions? Please reply if you would like to share yours.
    The MUGENite formerly known as StrikeFreedomGirl555
    PPVS2 Username: Signum
    Trakt.tv account: https://trakt.tv/users/thewhitedevil27
    Letterboxd account: https://letterboxd.com/TheWhiteDevil27/

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: What are some TV shows/movies you've watched that were ruined by the ending?

Dexter has a horrendous ending, it already wasn't going great, and the ending really dropped how great the show could've been.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: What are some TV shows/movies you've watched that were ruined by the ending?

The ending to LOST? Yeah...

Uploads
    Comments

The ending to Digimon Adventure 02. Especially if you've seen the first series.

Uploads
    Comments

Still want Light to rule the world in Death Note, **** Near who was never supposed to exist in the first place.

Uploads
    Comments

Sakurasou no Pet no Kanojo

The anime didn't reach the end of the light novel, but yeah. The light novel ruined the series for me. The anime is good though.

Uploads
    Comments

Garfield and Friends and Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, however they are for two COMPLETELY different reasons.

Garfield and Friends: I loved watching this growing up. Shame to have seen that there were 7 seasons and it came to an end after that (unlike ONE CERTAIN SHOW ABOUT COLORFUL HORSES) and from what I've seen, they tried continuing the show on Fox. Curse them for not agreeing. (The show ended at Arbuckle the Invincible because CBS wanted a stupid f*cking news block...)

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt: ...I'm not even gonna spoil this. You guys are on your own. (All I'm leaving is the show ran for 13 episodes.)

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Chiaki Momoi-Sawano View Post
    The ending to Digimon Adventure 02. Especially if you've seen the first series.
    Definitely. And in Tri, it looked like they wanted to forget about 02.

Uploads
    Comments

Anything that ends with a cliffhanger that will never be answered

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by hcipap View Post
    Dexter has a horrendous ending, it already wasn't going great, and the ending really dropped how great the show could've been.
    Man, I still get mad at that ending sometimes. It's completely baffling that people saw this being made and didn't say "hey, this ending sucks, maybe we should do something satisfying instead".

Uploads
    Comments

Mai-HIME's ending was awful.

Uploads
    Comments

How I Met Your Mother, last episode was a complete shitshow.

Uploads
    Comments

Kabaneri of the iron Fortress, BS end fight scene ruined the whole series.

Uploads
    Comments

The movie "The Mist" ....my god

Uploads
    Comments

Death Note, still liek it tho

Uploads
    Comments

the Zatch Bell!!/Konjiki no Gash!! anime adaptation had a really bad ending since this anime is infested with filller/non-canon episodes, the ending of this didn't showed Zatch/Gash being the mamodo/mamono king.
    MUGEN Blog
    ~In the area since V/VI/MMIII (05/06/2003)~

W.I.P:

undecided.

FC2 Video
    Twitter: @j121_mugen
    Patreon

Uploads
    Comments

To be honest, i loved Digimon Data Squad, loved the characters (except for Kurata and his Gizumon and Hashima, they can go to hell) but to be honest, the ending was lackluster.
    Marching Knives.
    Gomamon Nanaya (Gomamon and Shiki Nanaya)

Uploads
    Comments

When a review on a DVD cover says “An ending you will never see coming.”

This was on the cover for the movie Life.

Uploads
    Comments

every show when it ends with more quistions we dont know the answrs

Uploads
    Comments

Titans... I loved the whole series and even if had something to say about some facts that happens in the series, it has been a good series. Starting from the fact that i love comics i really enjoyed the whole series untill the very last episode. I don't see the point on it honestly, there are so many things that makes no sense in there and others that are totally useless.