UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default The Shorte.st Problem

Lately, I've been having a hard time downloading anything off of MUGEN Archive because of shorte.st. While it's basically the same as Ad.fly, the site seems to be even more malicious, due to its' tendency to download unwanted programs onto your PC. I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but I truly don't feel safe downloading any new files for the game here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: The Shorte.st Problem

I know how it is, I already had this problem at first. Participate a little in the threads scattered around the forum so that you are promoted to New Challenger.
    When promoted, you will no longer have to worry about Ad.fly and Shorte.st.
    http://mugenarchive.com/forums/customsignaturepics/sigpic35401_1.gif
    Faça do dia de hoje o melhor dia da sua vida.

Uploads
    Comments

Ah, I see. Thank you for the quick response!

Uploads
    Comments

Sorry but I can't do anything unless you have something concrete to report.

If you have a doubt about a certain page scan it online here : https://www.virustotal.com/
    And if something fishy comes up, post the report here, otherwise don't expect me to bother the site owner just because you have a feeling it might be bad.

Uploads
    Comments

Just wanted to post that I'm having similar problems with Shorte.St; Ad.Fly was a totally acceptable compromise, but every time I try to use a download link that redirects me with Shorte.st instead, I get weird malicious redirects that trigger virus warnings, lock down my browser and force me to close and are just all around obnoxious, which is really turning me off.

I'll eventually rack up enough time here to not worry about it, as mentioned earlier, but I thought it was worth adding my agreements with the issue.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by tietan21 View Post
    Just wanted to post that I'm having similar problems with Shorte.St; Ad.Fly was a totally acceptable compromise, but every time I try to use a download link that redirects me with Shorte.st instead, I get weird malicious redirects that trigger virus warnings, lock down my browser and force me to close and are just all around obnoxious, which is really turning me off.

I'll eventually rack up enough time here to not worry about it, as mentioned earlier, but I thought it was worth adding my agreements with the issue.
    It is sad that I have to repeat the same thing over and over. If you get any suspicious page, scan it with https://www.virustotal.com/ and post the report here. Otherwise it's a waste of time, nothing is going to happen.