UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default How I can create a simple char mugen? / Como criar um simples char mugen ? /

Como eu posso criar um simples char mugen ? / ¿Cómo puedo crear un simple char mugen? / How can I create a simple char mugen?

Pessoal eu tenho uma noção muito basica mesmo de criação de personagens, e eu tenho um projeto em mente que eu queria muito colocar em pratica, Podem me ajudar ?
    Personally I have a very basic notion of character creation, and I have a project in mind that I really wanted to put into practice, Can you help me?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	santosdebronce.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	1803

Quero criar um mugen com uma grande de extenção de personagens em formato RPG sprites, porém não sei como posso criar.... os personagens de uma forma simples, sem muitos efeitos, apenas ( soco, chute, projetil, especial). Se puderem ajudar....
    I want to create a mugen with a large character extension in RPG sprites format, however I do not know how I can create .... the characters in a simple way, without many effects, only (punch, kick, projectile, special). If they can help ....

E uma forma basica de criar stages, eu necessecito muito.
    And a basic way of creating stages, I need a lot.

Obrigado pela ajuda, as criações minhas vão ter a autoria de Makaplo
    Thanks for the help, my creations will be authored by Makaplo

mulambo is offline user banned for repeated defamation, spreading plain lies with clear intent to damage people's reputation and/or ruin people's motivation Banned
    Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: How I can create a simple char mugen? / Como criar um simples char mugen ? /

It will take you a lot of time to understand it, but it will be fun.
    It's not a simple thing so DON'T DREAM BIG.
    Go step by step and be patient, there are a lot of things to understand.

First of all, download Fighter Factory. Keep it in another folder next to your MUGEN folder. Or just install it where you want. It will be really useful as it is probably the only tool for MUGEN that makes "everything".
    This program lets you view, edit and save these file formats:
    - SFF: contains the sprites (PCX Format, 256 color, first color is transparency)
    - SND: contains the sounds of the character
    - AIR: contains the animations
    - DEF: contains some basic info about the char
    - CNS: constains the basic moves of the char
    - other files

These are the basic files of a character, but the character's behaviour also changes according to another CNS file: "common.cns" which is in the "data" folder of your MUGEN. Don't mess it up if you're new.
    Another importan file is "mugen.cfg" that contains some basic settings of the game.

I suggest you to check those files one by one, to get a closer understanding of their usage. They're usually filled with text descprition that explains it all.

So as you see, it's a really complex thing. Best thing to do is the following: consult the "docs" folder. There's is everything you need to know for simple creation tasks.

You can start by reading tutorial1, then keep going on reading other stuff, once you'll have a greater image of it all, you'll start making.
    But as a starter I guess you could use a copy of KFM and edit it. KFM is a really basic character, but you can even decrease the number of actions once you learn how to.

Yes, you didn't need actually to start a topic here because it was all in the docs folder. :P
    When you'll get deeper into making MUGEN stuff, the docs "sctrls" and "triggers" will be really important, so consult them frequently.

Said this, have a good reading and THEN you can start creating your stuff. =)
    Last edited by mulambo; Jun 12, 2017 at 12:05.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: How I can create a simple char mugen? / Como criar um simples char mugen ? /

Please i want so bad learn about mugen, but no one want to teach me, i don't find any place to learn about...

- - - Updated - - -

I hav all fighters factory, and i edit sprites in paint and GIMP for now...

- - - Updated - - -

where i find docs, and text and tutorials to go deeper in chars creation ?

mulambo is offline user banned for repeated defamation, spreading plain lies with clear intent to damage people's reputation and/or ruin people's motivation Banned
    Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments

well "docs" is a standard folder available in any MUGEN default distribution: http://www.elecbyte.com/mugendocs-11b1/mugen.html
    about learning: actually almost everyone starts by reading tutorials, and there is a tutorial for anything nowadays on the internet (just google it, example: " how to add chars in MUGEN", "how to create screenpack in MUGEN", "how to save palettes in Fighter Factory", etc.).

About softwares, GIMP is fine, but you will realize later you need more to manage palettes. I use Paint Shop Pro for palettes, but I think that Fighter Factory + Gimp could be enough to manage your palettes.
    Fighter Factory is a well programmed tool, so you will need extra time and effort to understand it, but after it it's like going by bycicle, you learn it first and then you go automatically. So you don't actually need to post threads (unless it's a really specific argument, imho) everything is already pointed out on docs, forum threads and online tutorials. ;)
    Last edited by mulambo; Jun 13, 2017 at 10:17.

Uploads
    Comments

if i have only one sprite with one position,how to change the position of spirte for others moviments?

Toxic
    Uploads
    Comments

what do you mean? There are two sctrls about position I know: Posset and PosAdd, also VelAdd and VelMul do the job, but I didn't actually understand your question.

- - - Updated - - -

what do you mean? There are two sctrls about position I know: Posset and PosAdd, also VelAdd and VelMul do the job, but I didn't actually understand your question.
    if you mean how to animate sprites, well, you have to draw them one by one, according to the quality of work you want it can be a sprite for each centimeter of movement (example Street Fighter 3, lol), or 10 cm of movement (example CVS)

- - - Updated - - -

if you mean how to animate sprites, well, you have to draw them one by one, according to the quality of work you want it can be a sprite for each centimeter of movement (example Street Fighter 3, lol), or 10 cm of movement (example CVS)

Uploads
    Comments

MAKAPLO, um amigo meu faz otimos videos explicando tudo de maneira clara e objetiva! O nome do canal dele é Herconildo, no youtube, eu mesmo uso muito os videos dele pra aprender, ele ensina desde o básico ate o avançado, se puder fala lá que eu (Drahedron) recomendei que ele vai ficar muito feliz, é um cara muito gente boa. Alias caso tenha alguma duvida ele responde nos comentarios mesmo

Uploads
    Comments

I want to learn too

Uploads
    Comments

You guys can find almost anything here.

https://mugenarchive.com/forums/show...VIDEO-tutorial

Uploads
    Comments

People Thanks to all, i will study how to create these chars thank u all so much !!! Obrigado gente pela ajuda, se eu aprender e sair tudo ok Vo fazer chars JUS tbm :D

- - - Updated - - -

Hey i have a Idea to re use the same sprite to do all the movements, and add some others to complete the char :D, this sprite is a exemple of what i want to use to create all universe of RPG chars