UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Grin What got you interested in MUGEN?

Hi guys! I'm curious as to know on how the people here got introduced to MUGEN.

As for me it started back in high school when a friend and I began to watch these various mugen MAD exhibition videos. I couldn't understand how someone got all these different characters into one game at the time and it just got me wondering. Afterwards I started looking into it. And from that point onward, I was hooked
    Last edited by aka2810; 11th June 2017 at 15:22.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: What got you interested in MUGEN?

At first, I was looking for a Dragon Ball game for computer, I downloaded that game, but it was actually Mugen, it was from there that I had access to Mugen for the first time.
    I started to get more interested in Mugen when I learned that I could add characters from various anime, games, series and among others and today I can say that I am a mugen addict.
    http://mugenarchive.com/forums/customsignaturepics/sigpic35401_1.gif
    Faça do dia de hoje o melhor dia da sua vida.

Uploads
    Comments

Dragon ball characters were actually the first characters I went looking for when I started. I remember before mugen, I would look for sprite gifs of DBZ chars and collect them in a folder. Never did I think I could actually play as the sprite gifs I collected when I found them.

Uploads
    Comments

I personally became interested in MUGEN through the various videos of MUGEN matches between cartoon characters on YouTube. I just watch a lot of YouTube, okay?

3DS Name: Isabella Friend Code: 2595-1966-8640

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomGirl555 View Post
    I personally became interested in MUGEN through the various videos of MUGEN matches between cartoon characters on YouTube. I just watch a lot of YouTube, okay?
    Same here. Not much of a TV guy myself Netflix and Youtube are all I need XD It seems we both met with mugen in a similar way.

Uploads
    Comments

Just like everybody else, somebody showed me some of those videos.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by aka2810 View Post
    Same here. Not much of a TV guy myself Netflix and Youtube are all I need XD It seems we both met with mugen in a similar way.
    I don't watch TV much because I mostly watch videos on YouTube and anime on Crunchyroll, Daisuki.net, and Hulu.

3DS Name: Isabella Friend Code: 2595-1966-8640

I decided to join the mugren community after watching Swaggakings's videos, especially his MvC mugen ones. :/

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Mortos View Post
    I decided to join the mugren community after watching Swaggakings's videos, especially his MvC mugen ones. :/
    You watch Swagga Kings as well? Does that mean you also follow Mugen Lord? I love watching both their live steams when I get the chance.

Uploads
    Comments

I was one of a fan for SNK, but I didn't know MUGEN do exist after 1997/1998/1999( lol can't remember the date). I do play King of Fighters Maximum impact and others. But there was in high school, i playing Dragon Ball Z, Shin Budokai in my PSP.lol A friend approach me with a complete mugen portrait and attract my attention. And i try searching for mugen after that...
    Funny thing is that, my first download, i downloaded a mugen without any chars or stage. I speak to my self. "What should i do?".. Joining this community really helps so much. I thank to everyone here, as if THANKS is never enough..!!
    Ma kumwail anahne sawas, Peki rehi..
    And you are my only true friend. XD

Welcome to my blog.
    https://bradsalo.blogspot.com/2017/1...tages.html?m=1

Uploads
    Comments

@Bradsalo I wish had played KOF games earlier because i'm bad when it comes to KOF and I didn't get introduced to the series until college :P Also I agree, If it weren't for MUGEN forums in general and the resources, tips and advice they gave us to learn the ins and out of the engine, we would've never been able to learn how create many great pieces or work, or at least, try to

Uploads
    Comments

Misc discussions
    Discuss here what isn't directly related to mugen.
    anyway, I decided to make MUGEN in order to make my own games.
    First attempts:
    - Karl Moresko, development practice character. That char had all my favourite chars' moves (from Ralf Jones, Ryo Sakazaki, Akuma, Takuma Sakazaki and others, even Kim Kaphwam). I practically redrawn other characters's moves with my own sprites. An original character. It sucks as regards graphics, but it was my first attempt and it is something I'm proud of.
    - Pingu, a 1-month development character. I don't know what I made this character, I just had a weird inspiration to follow, I told myself " K, let's make Pingu, lol". A little better char than Karl as regards graphics, original sprites and tons of moves, including a OHKO attack (the Super Scary Attack) and the Pingokusatsu (Shingokusatsu parody). Funniest time of my MUGEN life.
    - The Orimuga Project, well ... it was an ambitious project. It was started when I was into b-dimension and mugenation forums... I wanted to be the author and director of an entire game, with chars having a lot of sprites. Discontinued project. Too bad, but it served me as pixel-art practice, not totally useless.
    - The No-oN Project another discontinued project. A total failure, really. Bad graphics, bad gameplay, bad soundtrack, bad everything. Sort of an abortion
    - Faidar my first "complete" MUGEN game. Developed in just one month, totally changing genre of spriting, in fact those were not sprites, not pixel-art.. 3d graphics PSX style with no textures. 8 playable chars/stage, but only Arcade mode. I'm not incredibly proud of it, but it's a good project/game imho. Totally original characters,graphics, music, code, etc. (except the "oil drums" bonus stage which was kinda ripped-off, and some songs are actually remixes/covers.. such as the menu music, inspired by Megaman boss select).
    - Super Cranky Fighters , my latest complete MUGEN game, with more character, same style of Faidar spriting (+ textures), more characters, more craziness, more moves. A funny project that still hasn't a great success in the community. Like the previous project.. it was a hell-fast-development project. Less than a moment, I worked like a machine, an obsessing project that didn't make me sleep at night.

So, as far for now... I'm "satisfied" enough to give myself a break for a while, until I got another better idea. Probably a re-issue of SCF, with more characters/stages, and if anyone is interested, he/she can help (but at the price of following a certain template/development guide).

Uploads
    Comments

I do not like the feeling of being limited when it comes to playable characters in fighting games, since I like experiencing playing different characters. I stumbled into MUGEN in Youtube and had an idea of why not just make my own roster. I discovered MUGEN a long time ago and I still love it.

"GAO! GAO! GAOOO!"
    -Saber Lion, King of the Wild

Uploads
    Comments

I always liked the idea of Multiple Universes coming together and fighting it out. Charecters never seen together in a game and wondering how would they stack up? Deadpool vs Batman, Saber vs Honomaru, etc. Anyone can fight against anyone. I love that. not being restricted to 1 or 2 universes. as well as learning the lore of some of the charecters. some ive never seen before i read up on. so i guess what got me into mugen is my curiosity and love for the characters id love to see coexist in one game together

As a fan of the Marvel vs Capcom games. As well as Tekken and my love for the Marvel Comic Universe. The idea I can have my favorite collection of characters together is so cool!

WELCOME TO MY VENOMVERSE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We Are Venom!

-Thiiiiis, changes nothing
    " "Perhaaappsss we won't consume you" "Thiiiis doesn't mean we are frieeeennnndddsss"

-Hmmph, we're calling you out
    " "We're sooo scaaaarrreeeddd, we're shaking in our symbiote"

Uploads
    Comments

saw a guy play it on twitch and I was like wtf is this what is this a new fighting game?
    I remember years back seeing guys ripping sprites from games but had no idea what for till now

I started playing MUGEN after watching Khael Zenkai MUGEN videos on youtube,he have alot of cool edits that has been showed on his YT channel...XD

Uploads
    Comments

I used to have this CD full of games back in the 90's.
    It had Lego Racers, a few emulators and a Dragon Ball theme MUGEN with about 100+ characters.
    I swear, if I ever find that thing and it's still alive, I'll upload everything I can from it, since none of those characters I can even find anywhere else.
    This was way back when having internet was a luxury I can only dream of having, so at the time, I didn't know what mugen even was.

It wasn't until late 2006 when I found a picture of Rockman Zero fighting Homer Simpson along side Spongebob and Super Mario.
    I saw that and said to myself, "I have to own this game, in anyway shape or form.", then I saw this video somewhere the following year:

I got back into MUGEN somewhere early 2009, at first it was just to test out different characters for myself, but then I got addicted.
    Toppled with the fact that I just got into the fighting game genre at this point in time.
    Last edited by jejabu; 23rd June 2017 at 08:12.

Uploads
    Comments

I am a fighting game fanatic..lets go with that for now

I have known about Mugen for a really long time but had no idea where to get started so I left it alone I had all my 126(official non emulated BTW) other fighting games to play

Starting on SF2 and quickly falling in love with SNK fighters at a young age (My faves being RB Special and KoF 99 and Waku Waku 7)

There where two games that eluded my collection SvC Chaos and SF 3 I could never find a copy for the original Xbox and even the dark arts of Emulation failed me
    And same goes for SF3 I just could not seem to buy those games (I recently was successful in getting to play SvC via emulation) but Im still not satisfied with not owning that game and after playing my Beloved Waku Waku 7 I really wished Arina was in more games so SvC and WW7 got me to thinking about what you could do with Mugen

So I decided it was time I knew it was going to be work to and not just DL someones Mugen game and be stuck with characters I don't like or despise (Like all the Bruce Lee clones *shudder*)

Ad thats where we are at now 65% done with my own Mugen game missing some keys players and a few stages thou

Like my pipe dreams of
    DoA Ayane in her Deception costume
    Helena in DoA 2 Hardcore blue dress (I dont even think there is a Mugen of Helena come to think of it)
    KoF Maximum Impact Lilly Kane in her cover all shorts costume not the ugly dress
    Reiko Nagase Cover Girl from Ridge Racer
    and Bayonetta

Uploads
    Comments

Around 2008, I saw a clip of Mugen in a video (which was a fight of 4 Mario's)
    Later I saw one of those "Everyone Hates [character]" videos. It wasn't until 2013 that I got my hands on MUGEN 1.1.
    Memories... My first few characters that I downloaded were Mario, Zangief, and SpongeBob.

Uploads
    Comments

Well it all started when my brother mentioned what would happen if Harambe fought Ronald Mcdonald