UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mad community week A.K.A. "the worst Idea ever"

WHY is this a good idea to who ever made the decision ?!

So for some reason you are not allowed to upload or download anything
    you can't be an active user because you cant upload

i don't care about the forum and i don't want to participate in it and i don't think forcing people is a good idea

i know the site needs money and participating can somehow help in the matter. but you should "WIN" people's interest in the site not force people to follow your needs

we already need to view an "ad" page every time we download a file. isn't that supposed to be enough ?!

i don't need a forum and i don't think it's necessary if the site people are having trouble keeping it standing then maybe they should get rid of the unnecessary fat ??

i can tell people what i think about their work in their individual file page

i just finished making a Character but for some stupid reasons i Can't Share it with anybody

also non users can download files but users who took the time to sign up can't

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: community week A.K.A. "the worst Idea ever"

Yeah not gonna lie this is pretty lame, people shouldn't be forced to join forums. It's like in highschool when your teachers force group activities - like wtf? Mugen is supposed to be a place for fun not for forced social interaction. Like for real, it makes me wanna leave and go join another Mugen website.

Uploads
    Comments

At least you're trying to make a few points.

First, you make it sound like it's a permanent thing when it's just a small weekend event. You could just wait a couple of days rather than making all this drama you know.

Secondly unregistered users are limited to very small files, so in a couple of days you'll have once again a level of access which is more than worth an account : download more files, use the internal search and click on previews.

And finally, now that you leveled up (with very little efforts), can you really say it wasn't worth it? You can download much faster without ads in between.

I think the real issue here is you're just a bit selfish or lazy.

Uploads
    Comments

I don't like the idea either. I'm an introvert and don't like talking to other people and posting stuff. Forums and social media and stuff like that just isn't my thing. And now this ****ing site is forcing me to go out of my comfort zone when I don't want to. It's really ****ing stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    At least you're trying to make a few points.

First, you make it sound like it's a permanent thing when it's just a small weekend event. You could just wait a couple of days rather than making all this drama you know.

Secondly unregistered users are limited to very small files, so in a couple of days you'll have once again a level of access which is more than worth an account : download more files, use the internal search and click on previews.

And finally, now that you leveled up (with very little efforts), can you really say it wasn't worth it? You can download much faster without ads in between.

I think the real issue here is you're just a bit selfish or lazy.
    1- I never implied its permanent and the only reason I gave a damn in the first place instead of waiting is Because i finished one of my creations and couldn't upload it

2- at least make the "lurkers" have access to the same "limited very small files" as unregistered users but the case right now is just stupid and you know it

3- in case you somehow didn't notice the "very little efforts" are fake and forced like much of the other interactions here seem to be. so much for "community"
    the fact that to "level up" "very little efforts" are needed is just meaningless just state the truth "we need money so pretend to socialize around the site"

4- as you need money to keep the site alive. you also make money of the site too so please don't you dare mention "selfishness"

i still love the site but please don't make light of the bullshit being pulled on every "lurker"

I didn't like it either, mind you I wasn't in your boat since I don't create content, but I can't say that I've had to put in an exceedingly tedious amount of effort to surpass lurker status

Uploads
    Comments

I hope to one day contribute as well, and had my creation been complete this weekend I would be upset too.
    But as things are it is what it is.

Uploads
    Comments

i currently do not know how to make my own character to upload anything but i know how to make palettes and thought what if i recolor to my liking and ship out like that to see that i couldnt upload i was a bit jaded but then i thought i doubt anyone would wanna download that anyway and went about my business

Uploads
    Comments

I can see points on both sides. Me personally, I am a bit upset at this, but if all I have to do it make a few posts to be able to download again, then ok, just simply go to some topics and type a reply, you don't HAVE to engage in the main conversation to the end, like right now, I'm just posting my thoughts and there see simple post. Not only that but as Dizzy said, this isn't a permanent thing, just a temporary thing.

Uploads
    Comments

It's an inconvenience, yes, but one that can be overcome. I don't know how much needs to be done per se (I'm trying to find out), but I'll quietly do it.

To be fair, I think I'll use this moment as a reminder to post here more often. Not ALL the time, mind you, but just enough

Uploads
    Comments

Can we stop complaining so hard about this? The weekend is just about to end, all's well that ends well. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkninja36075 View Post
    I don't like the idea either. I'm an introvert and don't like talking to other people and posting stuff. Forums and social media and stuff like that just isn't my thing. And now this ****ing site is forcing me to go out of my comfort zone when I don't want to. It's really ****ing stupid.
    Not your best argument since i'm an introvert too. Don't get me wrong, i don't disagree with you, i can understand your situation. The thing is, i took this as an oportunity to leave my zone, since i usually read the forums and people here seem genuinely nice. If you don't really want to get out of yours, you could've just searched somewhere else for what you need. They're not forcing you to be here and post, they are giving you the chance to choose to. Think of it as a way to help them help you.
    Last edited by Anakaris; May 21, 2017 at 22:29. Reason: grammar

Uploads
    Comments

Sad Re: community week A.K.A. "the worst Idea ever"

Other thing is that they forgot that some Users are from other part of the world and dont speak English appropriately, they just want to download stuff and have fun playing the game OR upload they own creations like Mr.Lemon did.

ALSO i am from Brazil "Brasil" and in my group of friends i am the only one who speaks English, does it means that my friends cant use Mugenarchive ? looks a little forced to me.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by verdunomago View Post
    Other thing is that they forgot that some Users are from other part of the world and dont speak English appropriately, they just want to download stuff and have fun playing the game OR upload they own creations like Mr.Lemon did.

ALSO i am from Brazil "Brasil" and in my group of friends i am the only one who speaks English, does it means that my friends cant use Mugenarchive ? looks a little forced to me.
    I did my research, and this was already pointed to the administration. Sucks that we do not have a place in the forums to talk in our native language yet, but in all fairness, translators like Google have been evolving in a decent way. Your friends could use it to translate small sentences and connect them to create the actual reply/post. Even if i can read and understand english, sometimes i use it to check if i'm not typing some random bullshit. We really should try a little more to get across, but if you guys don't feel like it, then i can understand that.

Uploads
    Comments

Some people are more expressive than others, it looks like. No point in arguing over squeezed lemons. It is what it is, and its a weekend thing - Unless you had something important where you absolutely NEEDED Mugen characters this weekend, I don't see how this is more than a minor inconvenience. The whole argument over how this site isn't accessible to international users is a weak one, since anyone can start a forum post in whatever language they natively speak, and, being the internet, should have someone answering soon. You just need a little patience.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by verdunomago View Post

I am also Brazilian, and your friends can also participate even without them speaking English, there is a forum place for users who don't know how to speak English that is called "International" that is inside the "General Discussion Forum".
    http://mugenarchive.com/forums/customsignaturepics/sigpic35401_1.gif

Faça do dia de hoje o melhor dia da sua vida.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by kater15 View Post
    I am also Brazilian, and your friends can also participate even without them speaking English, there is a forum place for users who don't know how to speak English that is called "International" that is inside the "General Discussion Forum".
    Wait, really?

I must've missed it, the more you learn lol

I'll check it out later, ty!
    "It's only natural for living creatures to fight to protect their own lives.
    But what makes us human is that we fight for others. But who do you fight for?
    How hard must you fight...? That's the true measure of what human life is worth."

- Phoenix Wright

Uploads
    Comments

This.

as someone who speak spanish i see that some users that speak my language feel intimidated and dont understand what is going on when they cant download, wich ends in them leaving this site instead of supporting it. I think it would be a good idea to have some sort of advertising in the international section about the community event.
    Last edited by Mortos; May 22, 2017 at 03:51.

Uploads
    Comments

it's 1 am and here im am, reading drama, and i could go all night

Uploads
    Comments

As a new user, I can see where a few people are coming from. Not being able to download when you want is a bit annoying, but not really anything to get up in arms about. I don't like participating in forums either for the most part. I've come across quite a few toxic communities on the net in my years as a gamer. I've left games because of those said communities, mainly WoW (good grief I cannot stand the average WoW player anymore xP). So far, my experience here has been a good one, and I hope it stays that way.

I can see both sides of this, if you're a busy person and only have say the weekends to download files from here, newer users being shut out can turn you off real quick. I can also see that the administration of this site wants the users to be active together and contribute to the site as a whole. It is a little inconvenient, but it is only for the weekend occasionally, and if you have to post a bit to increase your status, so be it. I don't think it ranks up there as "worst idea ever", that would be a pay to download after certain file transactions or garbage like that. It could always be worse.

Uploads
    Comments

OMG you saved me in a way that no one ever saved before ;D thanks