UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Controversy of Uploading characters without permission on MUGEN Archive

"Now you may still argue that it's "disrespectful" or their "wishes" or "rules" and whatever. Well if you think you need to "respect other people's wishes" and "respect other people's rules" no matter what they are, then I propose we make a new rule: to stop complaining about issue and no badmouthing mugenarchive outside of this website and on this website. See what I did there? If you really believe that you need to "respect" other people's wishes or feelings no matter what, then you have no choice but to follow this. If you're not going to follow this, then perhaps you now understand that "respecting others" and making everyone happy is not something anyone is obliged to do."

Pretty bad comparision if you ask me. And everyone can respect the authors rules to a certain degree if he wants to, because i literally do the same, but of course if someone is too ignorant to do so then it's no wonder stuff get's leaked. The author is king of his creation because without him it would not be there in the first place, ever thought of that? So he has the right to set any rule that he wants for his char, if it is possible for us to accept this rule (Which for most of you guys probably isn't the case) then why should we disrespect it unless we don't care? The problem with your "No badmouthing MA outside and on this website" is, that this is a rule that 1. doesn't comes from an admin from this site who created it, so no need to respect it anyway cus it's not your webiste and your set rule might be false for all we know. 2. Is a rule you literally cannot control at all because what if i sit here in front of my computer in real life and insult MA, you won't even know if it happened or not. And you probably tell me now "But knowing which edits are private and not is also a thing that cannot be controlled", that might be true but do i need to upload everythingi get without reading a readme for example? Okihaito states with a readme in english even tho he is japanese, that he doesn't wants his characters uploaded somewhere else. I can understand this especially because there is no reason to upload them, as his blog is still online and has all his chars hosted, so why upload it if you could do it ast a time where his blog might be down instead? It just makes no sense at all and gives less credit to the author.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "If anyone is going to quit mugen because other people did stuff with their creations that they didn't want, then my response is: shoo, go away, we don't need you to do MUGEN. That is up to you and none of our business, so if anyone is going to do that, please tell them to leave MUGEN immediately because I'd personally rather have them go away right now."

That's easy to say for the balanced community because they do not have the problems that the cheap community has with a lot of people, stealing and copying effects, coding from other authors to then use it on their own characters to say "Look how cool and strong our chars are even tho we don't understand the coding at all". That is one r eason why characters did go private for a lot of people in the first place, because people started to make fun of their creations for no reason at all. Here an exampl, you surely rememebr that there is a character uploaded on this archive called "The Mind of Giyags", which is a Colonel edit to make fun of a youtuber from the cheap commuity with the same name. He requested that you guys take this edit down because someone made it to make fun of him, but his request get's ignored. In the Balanced community this is less the case, which means less authors leave and a lot of authors don't want to leave, but if their creations get ruined or if people start to create bash chars against them, i would also lose motivation to do anything for Mugen at all.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Also, considering how everyone complaining here are zombie accounts with little to no activity suddenly all coming here at once, I suspect that what we're dealing with is a small circlejerk of users who talked about this website in their circlejerk chat or whatever they use, so I think it'd be best not to consider their numbers to be any evidence of a majority. There is no controvery, just a circlejerk group coming here and raiding."

"What i can't see is not there", nice logic you brought up there. There are enough people aware of MA and the leaking problem in the cheap community, tho they either don't want to get involved with anyone here or don't have the guts to talk to you guys i bet.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Controversy of Uploading characters without permission on MUGEN Archive

Yeah yeah whatever.

Yo @Megaman what is the name of the game you are making on RPG Maker?

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Left4Joker View Post
    Yeah yeah whatever.

Yeah, nice to be an admin and not care right? :)
    Way to make a good website, really top.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Buraido View Post
    Yeah, nice to be an admin and not care right? :)
    Way to make a good website, really top.
    So that's how it's gonna be... ok

Before completely ignoring you for the entire life, I have one single question.
    Are you really naive enough to believe that coming here and posting in a "rant thread" will suddenly change the way we do things? Some posts ago someone said about "accepting the truth". Let's talk about accepting the truth. I don't know if you are dumb or what... but insisting on this discussion will not change anything. It's not like we'll "oh we did things always that way following our objective and now because three no-ones started a thread we are going to cry like "boo-boos" and change everything". That not's going to happen.
    So knowing that this happening is NOT a possibility....what do you expect achieving with this? Because IMO you're wasting your time.

Uploads
    Comments

Before completely ignoring you for the entire life, I have one single question.
    Are you really naive enough to believe that coming here and posting in a "rant thread" will suddenly change the way we do things? Some posts ago someone said about "accepting the truth". Let's talk about accepting the truth. I don't know if you are dumb or what... but insisting on this discussion will not change anything. It's not like we'll "oh we did things always that way following our objective and now because three no-ones started a thread we are going to cry like "boo-boos" and change everything". That not's going to happen.
    So knowing that is NOT a possibility. What do you expect achieving with this? Because IMO you wasting you time.
    Yeah you are right, i do not expect you guys to change at all, but it is more of a warning because the cheap community can be quite dangerous you know, i witnessed that myself several times.
    And seeing this thread here and how it goes on, i can surely say that i am smarter than you because what i posted is not even a "rant" of any sort but rather just my counter arguments about the situation, but if you don't even care to read it then it's obvious you wouldn't know at all. So i guess since for once you had right, that you guys won't change anyway i will ignore this useless thread until everything goes down, so have a good day sir.

Uploads
    Comments

I don't have an answer
    You don't intend to respect other people's things at all?
    on mature reflection mugen archive

Uploads
    Comments

but it is more of a warning because the cheap community can be quite dangerous you know
    OMG we're fucked !!!!!!!

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Badguy View Post
    OMG we're fucked !!!!!!!

>Posts such things but bans people for distributing "Malware"
    This logic... the way someone acts is always a reflection of himself, so apparently we have a huge baby here.

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

Yeah yeah whatever.

MV Souls. Mv because its Rpg maker Mv and Souls because its really hard and running away is a useful tactic against enemies.
    A place for people to get together and share their original created work.

http://s15.zetaboards.com/MUGENTamamin/index/

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
    MV Souls. Mv because its Rpg maker Mv and Souls because its really hard and running away is a useful tactic against enemies.
    Wow cool.
    Does the RPG MV system still uses turn-based fights, or are there native alternatives?

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

Wow cool.
    Does the RPG MV system still uses turn-based fights, or are there native alternatives?
    Just turnbased. Its no longer ATB unless you get a plugin for it. But you can make it so its first person or side viewed.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by crimsoncarnage View Post
    and people like Anthimus and Gunggus keep uploading privates
    Yes my son, and the are loads coming up soon, so put your energy in something useful.
    We are impartial, and we offer every available mugen character, private or not.
    Author's are just scared there edits will be better edited by someone else.
    End of story. Have a nice day :)

Sincerely,

Anthimus
    Water Food and a Roof is all i need to enjoy life

"Now you may still argue that it's "disrespectful" or their "wishes" or "rules" and whatever. Well if you think you need to "respect other people's wishes" and "respect other people's rules" no matter what they are, then I propose we make a new rule: to stop complaining about issue and no badmouthing mugenarchive outside of this website and on this website. See what I did there? If you really believe that you need to "respect" other people's wishes or feelings no matter what, then you have no choice but to follow this. If you're not going to follow this, then perhaps you now understand that "respecting others" and making everyone happy is not something anyone is obliged to do."

Pretty bad comparision if you ask me. And everyone can respect the authors rules to a certain degree if he wants to, because i literally do the same, but of course if someone is too ignorant to do so then it's no wonder stuff get's leaked. The author is king of his creation because without him it would not be there in the first place, ever thought of that? So he has the right to set any rule that he wants for his char, if it is possible for us to accept this rule (Which for most of you guys probably isn't the case) then why should we disrespect it unless we don't care? The problem with your "No badmouthing MA outside and on this website" is, that this is a rule that 1. doesn't comes from an admin from this site who created it, so no need to respect it anyway cus it's not your webiste and your set rule might be false for all we know. 2. Is a rule you literally cannot control at all because what if i sit here in front of my computer in real life and insult MA, you won't even know if it happened or not. And you probably tell me now "But knowing which edits are private and not is also a thing that cannot be controlled", that might be true but do i need to upload everythingi get without reading a readme for example? Okihaito states with a readme in english even tho he is japanese, that he doesn't wants his characters uploaded somewhere else. I can understand this especially because there is no reason to upload them, as his blog is still online and has all his chars hosted, so why upload it if you could do it ast a time where his blog might be down instead? It just makes no sense at all and gives less credit to the author.
    "If anyone is going to quit mugen because other people did stuff with their creations that they didn't want, then my response is: shoo, go away, we don't need you to do MUGEN. That is up to you and none of our business, so if anyone is going to do that, please tell them to leave MUGEN immediately because I'd personally rather have them go away right now."

That's easy to say for the balanced community because they do not have the problems that the cheap community has with a lot of people, stealing and copying effects, coding from other authors to then use it on their own characters to say "Look how cool and strong our chars are even tho we don't understand the coding at all". That is one r eason why characters did go private for a lot of people in the first place, because people started to make fun of their creations for no reason at all. Here an exampl, you surely rememebr that there is a character uploaded on this archive called "The Mind of Giyags", which is a Colonel edit to make fun of a youtuber from the cheap commuity with the same name. He requested that you guys take this edit down because someone made it to make fun of him, but his request get's ignored. In the Balanced community this is less the case, which means less authors leave and a lot of authors don't want to leave, but if their creations get ruined or if people start to create bash chars against them, i would also lose motivation to do anything for Mugen at all.
    "Also, considering how everyone complaining here are zombie accounts with little to no activity suddenly all coming here at once, I suspect that what we're dealing with is a small circlejerk of users who talked about this website in their circlejerk chat or whatever they use, so I think it'd be best not to consider their numbers to be any evidence of a majority. There is no controvery, just a circlejerk group coming here and raiding."

"What i can't see is not there", nice logic you brought up there. There are enough people aware of MA and the leaking problem in the cheap community, tho they either don't want to get involved with anyone here or don't have the guts to talk to you guys i bet.
    Let's start with this part: "The author is king of his creation because without him it would not be there in the first place, ever thought of that?"
    Well here's a thought: we don't even need any particular author creating in the first place. Ever thought of that? People create on your own accord, people quit on your own accord, it is none of our business whether people continue doing so or not.

"so why upload it if you could do it ast a time where his blog might be down instead"
    I personally only upload when I think something is down, but even when something is not down, it could go down at any time in the future, which is the purpose of backups.

"He requested that you guys take this edit down because someone made it to make fun of him, but his request get's ignored."
    This is the internet. If people can't take trolling and learn how to ignore them, maybe the internet is not for them.

"There are enough people aware of MA and the leaking problem in the cheap community, tho they either don't want to get involved with anyone here or don't have the guts to talk to you guys i bet. "
    Whatever the case, "they" are not "us."

On a further note, I've always found the English-speaking "cheap community" to be pretty retarded and not very creative in the first place, which is why I'd rather them stop making so much stuff. At least okihaito, samsara, lunatic, macbeth, rakurai, A.M., konton no kotowari, myonphantasm, skeleton, mapelao, pkrs, momoma, utakata, 609z, jqkj, emeru, yanmar, blue-eyes, ryusei, humi, nyorochi, popyadokari, gazelle, ggg, gokurakusyugisya, siocha, bakanashifu, hakuuren, shishido-kuon, akisame soumu, xbox aruhuraito, kagenui, and countless others have made things that are somewhat interesting, but what is seen on youtube is nothing but the same thing over and over, so if they quit, then good.
    Last edited by 8934hg983h434; 21st April 2017 at 02:21.

Uploads
    Comments
    Blog Entries

Dang, I wanna do this sometime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9300IDG3G4

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
    Dang, I wanna do this sometime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9300IDG3G4
    Weird song.. but cool idea XD

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by 8934hg983h434 View Post
    Let's start with this part: "The author is king of his creation because without him it would not be there in the first place, ever thought of that?"
    Well here's a thought: we don't even need any particular author creating in the first place. Ever thought of that? People create on your own accord, people quit on your own accord, it is none of our business whether people continue doing so or not.

"so why upload it if you could do it ast a time where his blog might be down instead"
    I personally only upload when I think something is down, but even when something is not down, it could go down at any time in the future, which is the purpose of backups.

"He requested that you guys take this edit down because someone made it to make fun of him, but his request get's ignored."
    This is the internet. If people can't take trolling and learn how to ignore them, maybe the internet is not for them.

"There are enough people aware of MA and the leaking problem in the cheap community, tho they either don't want to get involved with anyone here or don't have the guts to talk to you guys i bet. "
    Whatever the case, "they" are not "us."

On a further note, I've always found the English-speaking "cheap community" to be pretty retarded and not very creative in the first place, which is why I'd rather them stop making so much stuff. At least okihaito, samsara, lunatic, macbeth, rakurai, A.M., konton no kotowari, myonphantasm, skeleton, mapelao, pkrs, momoma, utakata, 609z, jqkj, emeru, yanmar, blue-eyes, ryusei, humi, nyorochi, popyadokari, gazelle, ggg, gokurakusyugisya, siocha, bakanashifu, hakuuren, shishido-kuon, akisame soumu, xbox aruhuraito, kagenui, and countless others have made things that are somewhat interesting, but what is seen on youtube is nothing but the same thing over and over, so if they quit, then good.
    "Well here's a thought: we don't even need any particular author creating in the first place. Ever thought of that? People create on your own accord, people quit on your own accord, it is none of our business whether people continue doing so or not."

That might be the case but no authors = no warehousing = no websites like MA, MFFA, Mugen Wikia etc.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then that's something that you do right, because uploading something when the creation or the creator is gone, then he is likely not associated with it anymore anyway and doesn't care. But if someone has the char anyway, then why upload it before it even is down, i see no reasoning behind it because is you have the character you can literally upload it any time.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Trolling", so i have to let myself get "trolled"d by retarded characters that are trash and nobody would want them anyway? Great, might as well make a retarded character of any person i hate then as well and publish it here, i bet if it would target an admin here it would be gone rally fast and i would get warned for "harassment"

On a further note, I've always found the English-speaking "cheap community" to be pretty retarded and not very creative in the first place, which is why I'd rather them stop making so much stuff.

The only retard in the "english-speaking" cheap community is pretty much Anime2013Freak that i know. In general the cheap community has contributed much more new things than the balanced community ever did tho, but if you aren't in the cheap community you won't even know about the several tiers that were found by people from different countries, mostly by Ced Soum, some chinese people and some japanese as well. And if you really wanna talk about english-speaking people from the cheap comunity being retarded, then take Pikachuun as primary example of a native english speaker who is one of the best character creators i've seen so far. The biggest problem for the cheap community are more the dumb retards on youtube that keep steal coding from others then saying "i am the best coder", as well as those people that cannot stop creating retarded Donald edits every day which moves us into a bad light.

Uploads
    Comments

[...]i will ignore this useless thread until everything goes down[...]
    LOL You just can't resist, can you? XD

Uploads
    Comments

LOL You just can't resist, can you? XD
    Well i prefer to rather argument with people that seem to at least use their brain once in a while, that's why i respond to "8934hg983h434" who can give me more valid back arguments.
    Idk how it is with you, but i have fun in good argumentations, it's not a waste of time for me at all + it would be rude to not answer the one that i gave counter arguments in the first place don't you think?

"no authors = no warehousing = no websites like MA, MFFA, Mugen Wikia etc."
    Authors like Einzbern who are okay with warehousing and authors that may not like it but generally don't really care all that much like Samsara are enough for me. I don't care if the others quit.

"Great, might as well make a retarded character of any person i hate then as well and publish it here, i bet if it would target an admin here it would be gone rally fast and i would get warned for 'harassment'"
    Nah, I don't think so.

"In general the cheap community has contributed much more new things than the balanced community ever did tho"
    Well good, but I don't care for them, so I wouldn't cry or even care if they went away.

Uploads
    Comments

"Authors like Einzbern who are okay with warehousing and authors that may not like it but generally don't really care all that much like Samsara are enough for me. I don't care if the others quit."

The thing that annoys me the most tho, is that especially because it's the rare case that authors quit for that reason it could easily be avoided. I mean technically i don't need to care for any of them either, because my creations are private as well and i know why so...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"In general the cheap community has contributed much more new things than the balanced community ever did tho"
    Well good, but I don't care for them, so I wouldn't cry or even care if they went away.

Well that's your choice then, because i personally have nothing against both communities (At least not in general, just against the typical idiots of every community).