UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default I need help coding a playerpush into a power charge statedef

Im customizing a character for mugen, ive done ssveral things already. I want to add a playerpush the the characters power charge. When i start to charge power, i want it to push the opponent away from me. Im having a hard time finding a template or example of how to do this. I read that i can use a helper to do so. Do i need a helper? Or can i use a code within the state 0 associated with the power charge? In this case it is StateDef 6025. Anim = 6025. Ive been using animelem = 2 as triggers for attackmulset and life add in statedef 7010 (tranformation) to boost damage output. Anyone have a layout for a playerpush during a power charge?

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: I need help coding a playerpush into a power charge statedef

A quick and cheap way would be: adding a clsn attack box around the charging animation of the char, setting an Hitdef in the charging state (with fall=0 and a little x velocity, just to push the opponent away, with no hitsound, no sparks, a little hittime/pausetime.. just play with those values).
    You can add an extra "energy field " Explod around the char so it looks like the energy field around him/her can also attack the player. Setting the "energy field" as a Projectile would work too, but the clsn/explod method is cheaper.
    Of course that would be like an attack, not just pushing away the opponent.
    You may need to set the energy field as Projectile though, if you don't want your character to be touched by other projectiles like fireballs, etc.
    But, in my opinion ,that would be really cheap. Usually (like in Kof, Aof or DBZBudokai, etc.) charging should leave the character vulnerable to attacks. But that's fine, if you're making a super-duper-evil char, I guess. This is just an ethical advice, btw.
    Last edited by mulambo; 20th March 2017 at 11:25.
    check my MUGEN creations at [emanuelepepi.tk]

Uploads
    Comments

He would still be hit with energy attacks ;) lmao... I dont want to be invincible during charge. I just want to have a push to make the char seem powerful... Because he is. I have his attackmulset for his second transform state set at 5. His base atk is 80
    Last edited by Deathylorden; 20th March 2017 at 20:41.

Uploads
    Comments

lol, good luck with your "powerful" char then, I actually have no clue about attackmulset, even if it sounds a complicated thing.

Uploads
    Comments

I definitely need an example. Lay it out for me

Uploads
    Comments

Show me a screenshot of what the code will be for the attack clsn, i drew them and now what? I cant get them to hit anything. Show me a screen of what to type plz. Example:

[Statedef 6025]
    Type = S
    Physics = S
    Velset = 0,0
    Ctrl = 0
    Anim = 6025+(var(7)*10000)

[State 0]
    Type = hitdef
    Trigger1 = ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?

[State 0]
    Type = explod
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?

I cant figure out how to get the red boxes to actually activate.
    Last edited by Deathylorden; 21st March 2017 at 10:08.

Uploads
    Comments

Anim = 6025+(var(7)*10000)

Honestly, lol, try figuring it out yourself, that's the fun of MUGEN. :D
    You can also study the code of other characters that use that kind of move (example: Gill's Resurrection has that sort of "push-away" thing).

Besides this, that's just too complex for me, told ya. You can just use the default layout for the explod, and set the push-away attack like it was a light punch, with all due requirements for not making it look like an attack (for example: no hittime, no pause time, x velocity of your choice, a bit of slide time. etc.)
    Probably you need some particular state to be set in the opponent, since the opponent is supposed to have ctrl while being pushed away, so that's really just too complex for me.
    About clsn, just draw the box around the energy field.

Or just wait for more advanced MUGEN coders, I think I'm not that advanced, I only use cheap solutions-
    Last edited by mulambo; 21st March 2017 at 12:33.

Uploads
    Comments

Ok... Ive been trying to figure it out. I will continue to figure it out i suppose. Thank you for your help tho. This is complicated, ill admit. But it makes sense. Ive only been studying mugen code for a few week. Im learning slowly. Ill come back if i succeed amd post some results. My ultimate goal is to create a fully customized character made from scratch by myself. Using sprites made from actual pictures of my friend. Ill probably use some existing code for things, but thats how im learning.

Uploads
    Comments

That's how almost anyone starts, no problem.
    I don't have Gill's character but here it is http://mugenarchive.com/forums/downl...?do=file&id=62 .
    I didn't test it so I can't say if it has the push-away thing, but if the char is done exactly like in SF3, when Gill performs Resurrection, he pushes the opponent slowly away.
    You can "Lurk" into that code, the rest is all about adapting it to your char.
    I think copying and pasting codes from other characters is ok, if there's a little of consciousness in it, I mean: ripping-off is bad, learning is good.

Also if you're new to MUGEN, avoid getting into variables and complicated stuff.

Start with something easier. :P