UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Default big problem with the website

500 Server Error

A misconfiguration on the server caused a hiccup. Check the server logs, fix the problem, then try again.
    URL: http://mugenarchive.com/forums/downl...=edit&id=12233

i normally get this when the character file iam uploading is pretty big or semi big the upload does get onto the website but the gif it suppose to make doesnt get made

speaking of the new feature some times when i do upload a character it suppose to make a gif of it well that hasnt been the case in a few uploads i did you might want to see about fixing that

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: big problem with the website

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Taker View Post
    500 Server Error

A misconfiguration on the server caused a hiccup. Check the server logs, fix the problem, then try again.
    URL: http://mugenarchive.com/forums/downl...=edit&id=12233

i normally get this when the character file iam uploading is pretty big or semi big the upload does get onto the website but the gif it suppose to make doesnt get made
    Thanks for the report, we are aware of this issue and our developers are working on a fix.

For now the workaround is to select "No" to the question "is this a character file?" when a character file is larger than ~20Meg, and upload a sprite shot manually.

speaking of the new feature some times when i do upload a character it suppose to make a gif of it well that hasnt been the case in a few uploads i did you might want to see about fixing that
    The Webmaster said the thumbnail generator isn't compatible with all SFF files. SFFv2 are not supported, and neither are unconventional SFF (usually built by terrible creators). In those cases uploaders have to upload a sprite shot manually. The script is just here to help and it should work most of the time, but it is almost impossible to make a script that works with 100% of mugen files just like there is no mugen build which can run 100% of mugen characters.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
    For now the workaround is to select "No" to the question "is this a character file?" when a character file is larger than ~20Meg, and upload a sprite shot manually.
    Oh hey didn't know about that, might upload some chars I have later. Can't you change the size limit though?
    「THE WORLD」IS MINE!
    https://orig13.deviantart.net/0938/f...no-d5nig90.jpg

Uploads
    Comments

This is a software bug, not a simple size limit issue. I don't have the level of access to modify the software, and even if I did, I'm not a software developer so I wouldn't know how to fix it.

We'll have to wait for the webmaster to fix this. I'm sure it would have been fixed already if reported earlier. There was a thread for bug reports after the software upgrade but nobody has reported any bug back then.

Uploads
    Comments

I've been told this bug will be fixed during the next upgrade.