UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Dream Video Game

Post it now, what is your dream vidya.
    Share ideas, who knows, some people here might become game devs in the future.
    They might steal some ideas get good inspiration from here.

I'll start:
    Wearing a long trench coat, armed with only a knife and a revolver.
    Travel a surreal meditative world on your motorcycle accompanied by a talking non-human best friend.
    Hunt, steal, craft items to sell / scam your way through your travel expenses, take side jobs.
    Find and use objects lying around as makeshift weapons if needed, craft your own customized bullets.
    Survive encounters from wild animals, giant monsters from fairy tales and mythology, and fellow humans.

Although the world is fantastic, you are not.
    Falling from high places can kill you.
    Getting shot in the head will kill you.
    You don't have any body armor / bullet proof vest, so try not to get too injured.
    Conserve your health and resources, they will be scarce.
    You will have to learn to adapt to various environments and situations.
    Learn to plan ahead, adapt, survive.

There are no level ups, the stats you have from the beginning will be the same as the end.
    There are no additional weapons.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c4a3cbf866e8794d37c9eef904a10536.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	304.0 KB 
ID:	1288 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	212314213245.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	176.2 KB 
ID:	1289 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1420688337516.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	154.0 KB 
ID:	1290 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7d22fce9b86d7ab8f1541633e2d75a956b3bcc2af98b5eee7c15c7867b7088b5.jpg 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	1291 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	46ea2cfb3ea622f0709c1e2cfd0ddd00ff3de0faaa64b149cc88cdeb920c9525.jpg 
Size:	164.4 KB 
ID:	1292 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	96268a8ad0c459499683fc73d0007ed96bfc31e06f56c51ed7c0732b538e024e.jpg 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	1293

Default Re: Dream Video Game

Nice thread and pictures (especially the last one, reminds of an Electric Wizard's album cover) !
    Well my dream game is composed of all my favourite games. It is *hypothetically* an engine that load other engines according to situation (fighting, driving, shooting, exploring, platforming, stealth, rpg etc.) and personal preference. It's a sort of GTA, but with an open map of the entire world. It's supposed to be a realistic game, a real picture of the world with all the elements of the loaded engines: for example you can load Tekken as fighting engine, Granturismo as driving engine, Max Payne as shooting engine, Assassin's Creed as exploring engine, Tenchu as stealth engine, GTA as rpg/interaction engine... it's supposed to be a real imitation of the real world + other elements of the engines or just user's plain imagination.
    ... and of course this system is so advanced it can be only played with a nano-technological machine directly controllable during your sleep (so you can actually shape your dreams and play videogames during sleep, while working and living the real life when your awake). I mean: a perfect game comes with a perfect console and if we look at how consoles are changing, I think that a dream console would have been made of a single element can directly operates with the uman brain, something like the " DC Mini " from the anime "Paprika".
    It's an engine you can create with imagination, no controllers, pads or whatever.
    Yeah, not an original idea, but I think that my dream game would be a sort of customizable and controllable version of the Matrix (but not in the way how robots are supposed to enslave us)... and less invasive (you don't have to have a hole in the back of your head to play with it).

Of course people would turn mad after the invention of this, so my invention would actually make the people want to sleep more than living their life, there would be mental hackers and shit like this.

My invention would actually turn the world into chaos and there would be para-religious groups demanding for the return of older consoles like Pong. Hare Pong! ok I've been imagining too much for today.
    Last edited by mulambo; 4th March 2017 at 22:11.

Uploads
    Comments

The last painting is done by Zdzisław Beksiński, gothic surrealist polish painter.

Uploads
    Comments

For an original game, I'd like to create an action-RPG.

I have a bunch of ideas for the story, but I want the primary theme of my game to be about chocie and consequence, as explored through gameplay. Specifically, I want the player to be able to progress through various class choices as they play, and for the gameplay to feel unique for each class.

Fighters would be unstoppable killing machines, but not really good for a lot else. For a fighter character, the game would feel more like Dark Souls; a vast, hostile mythic land populated by targets and the occasional quest-giver.

Rogues' challenges would lie in densely populated areas. As a rogue, you'd be able to parkour all over town and the wilderness, but you can't take a hit like a fighter can, so you have to find creative ways to solve your problems, either by persuasion and charm or by striking unseen from the shadows.

Sorcerers would have a whole different set of challenges -- how one learns and uses magic would in itself be a quest. Do you emphasize on defense? Offense? Disguise and illusion? Do you focus on a single element, becoming vastly proficient in its use, or do you spread your knowledge around many elements as a jack-of-all-trades, with the knowledge that you will be a master of none?

Priests and Paladins would be separate classes with similar plot trappings; the crux of a Paladin's story is their dilemma over faith versus practicality. Do you uphold the will of the people or of your church? Battling what you consider to be evil is easy; knowing what evil is, is not. Priests would have this same question, but phrased in terms of their role -- as healers and spiritual protectors, their faith is even more integral to their being. Do you fight corruption in the name of your deity when it festers inside your deity's own church? How deep does your faith run?

The crux of the problem is this: every level the character takes, like in D&D, has to be given to a single class. You can be good at everything, but it'll take longer to be good at ANYTHING that way. The player would have to pick one or two classes to specialize in at first, getting the choice to branch out early, but knowing that the thinner they spread themselves, the less likely they are to be good at any one thing.

I'd want the game to progress organically through the player's choices, weaving through these separate plot elements as your character dips in and out of classes. There wouldn't be a rigid class definition, but as you pursue different jobs, you find your story shaping itself in different ways. Online and local multiplayer would show the diversity of the choices you could make, by putting you either alongside or against other protagonists from other players.

I'd also include a Roguelike element of permadeath in Hard mode, for people who enjoy that kind of tension.

And of course, there would be a nearly ENDLESS selection of armor and clothing choices. Personalization would totally be the name of the game.

Uploads
    Comments

I have lots of ideas, most of which are impossible to realize. Well, a dream is a dream, huh? So there's my list of crazies:

- A superhero game combining elements from Spider-Man games, Saints Row, Skyrim, Lego Batman 2 and Red Faction Guerrilla. You have a selection of known superheroes from the start and unlock new ones while you play in an open world kind of game, and gameplay varies GREATLY for different chars. So you can have stealth action with Batman, mad swings with Spider-Man (yeah, it's supposed to be a crossover), 3D racing with Iceman or flyers, spell selection with Doctor Fate or demolishing action with Hulk in the same game.

- Something in-between the Starbound and Stardew Valley: You still have a universe to explore, but now the planets are really big and conseal some secrets that aren't obvious, so that you actually have to spend much, MUCH more time on each planet.

- Just a Saints Row with more stuff and better customization (the one in SR 3 and 4 kinda sucks). With superhero stuff, and sci-fi/supernatural missions/weapons, so that you can be a magic sceptre-wielding cyborg moving with Doc Ock tentacles and fighting alien ninjas.

Uploads
    Comments

i think my dream game would have to be somthing along the lines of a shooter that applied mechanics both from overwatch and xcom. i always loved the class based system of overwatch and tf2 and the perfectly made turn based system of xcom

Uploads
    Comments

Not a fan of those games, but I do like cartoon like art-style for characters.

Silly on paper, but eh-- folks need a laugh:

Oregon Trail -- Mountaineer's Path

The original premise is intact, reach the end of the trail. But this time however-- you are on foot and alone. Third or first person, vast open world, and you can still find dysentery.

The focus would be on a very tailored and lifelike world generation and environment, with key areas and landmarks being set-pieces and hubs that are constant.

Hunting would be very much its namesake, crafting a requirement, and the race to reach safety ahead of winter (or the ability to trade and barter to survive it at a fort or landmark) would be all the more imperative.

Debatable if multiplayer adds or detracts on this one. Also debatable if it should be a 'Only Live Once' style, or if you can recover from a death state to pick up from where you left off. Perhaps both, just as game modes? But at this point I fear I may be rambling...

With the rise in open world and survival games I'm kind of surprised this isn't a thing yet?

Uploads
    Comments

Tokyo Ghoul based fighter made collaboratively between Arc Systems and Netherrealm Studios

Uploads
    Comments

Ridge Racer Unlimited

A RR game with the look(updated) and feel and sound of RR4 but...

Car damage and car customization (body kits, aeros, wings)
    Every RR car in all the series for a total hundreds of cars
    Track Editor
    Fun extras like a cel shaded mode, fun extra cars
    Throw in a fun open world and character creator for story mode