UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Uploads
    Comments

Default Unpopular Fighting Game Opinions

As the title suggests, just post some of your most unpopular fighting game opinions. It can be anything like UMVC3 is better than MVC2 or Street Fighter Alpha 3 is better than Alpha 2, or Super Smash Bros. Melee is an actually fighting game. Just go nuts.

Uploads
    Comments

Default Re: Unpopular Fighting Game Opinions

Shouldn't this be in the misc. discussion / shit posting thread? anyway..
    - Marvel vs Capcom: Clash of Superheroes > Marvel vs Capcom 2
    - Tekken 3 is good but over rated
    - Tekken 6 is so much wasted potential and does not live up to promise
    - as niche as the Virtua Fighter series is, I keep reading threads about how Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown is perfect; I think it's over rated and probably needs a lot of tweaking
    - Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike is over rated for the parry system
    - Street Fighter Alpha 3 is an under rated game, a shame the Max edition was only for the PSP
    - Capcom sprite style > S.N.K. sprite style
    - Street Fighter V is a bad game, and continues to disappoint
    - they should stop making Samurai Shodown and transfer some of it's characters to The Last Blade, and make more The Last Blade games
    - King of Fighters and Street Fighter should go back to 2D

Uploads
    Comments

I'd give a heads-up for most doujin games, especially older ones such as Eternal Fighter ZERO, Mikyaku Impact and Crimson Alive: Extreme Encounter, which I used to play lots back in the day.
    Been trying to run Queen of Battlers 2, without success. Too bad, the game looks so cute despite simple. Really wanted to give it a serious shot. >.<

The Street Fighter EX series also deserves mention, since japanese tourneys of it apparently still exist (though I admit Dhalsim looks like a pain to fight competitively >.<)

MvsC2 is overrated just by the size of his roster wich is composed by recycled chars from previous games, and his OST is awful IMHO.
    The joy of mugen is a multi franchise game. When people refuse to play with that ability, they lose a huge chunk of the fun.

Uploads
    Comments

...daw, I like me some unfitting music... makes the game more easy-going.

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReallyReally View Post
    ...daw, I like me some unfitting music... makes the game more easy-going.
    fair enough, but this ost sounds way to unfitting for a mvsc game, never was a fan of it. even the stages were boring for me and that lava dog as final boss is just meh.
    The joy of mugen is a multi franchise game. When people refuse to play with that ability, they lose a huge chunk of the fun.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Mortos View Post
    MvsC2 is overrated just by the size of his roster wich is composed by recycled chars from previous games, and his OST is awful IMHO.
    This, I only like it for the inclusion of Jill Valentine.
    It paved the way for Jill to be converted into different game play styles in M.U.G.E.N.

Also:
    - Marvel vs Capcom: Clash of Superheroes would have been perfect in my opinion, would it have Jill and Silver / Armored Spider-Man in the playable character roster
    - S.N.K. needs to put Hibiki Takane in more games
    - aside from Ingrid, I'd like to see the two other would have been characters from Capcom Fighting All-Stars make appearances in future games in 2D form
    - Capcom needs to renew / buy the copyright to use those Street Fighter Ex characters
    - I dislike the direction of Tekken 7, from the new costumes, new art style, those techno BMGs, and specially the rage art (I've avoided playing it in the arcades because I'm afraid I might get too used to the rage art mechanic)

Uploads
    Comments

Street Fighter V was a good idea but executed in all the wrong ways, the most jarring thing about it is that after being released with less things than a doujin fighting game here we are in 2017 and dozen of updates and DLCs later and it still feels like it just managed to reach the quality that can make it look competent, but it's competitors didn't need those tons of updates and DLCs that Street Fighter V needed for yeats to look at least finished to be ahead of it in the first place so it just makes them look lazy in front of them.
    The most funny thing is that they organized the game in a way to keep the interest on people for years to come but instead is doing the opposite for me, my interest for Street Fighter couldn't be lower in 2017, it feels so stagnated while Guilty Gear keeps expanding his game, King of Fighters is resurrecting himself, Mortal Kombat keeps going strong, Blazblue keeps not fixing it cause it ain't broken and Tekken is close to releasing and taking names, in 2017 in this environment Street Fighter V actually feel less bad and more like embarrassing, it feels a generation behind when it actually isn't a generation behind, they screwed up royally here.

Uploads
    Comments

SVC is my favorite neogeo fighter

Quote Originally Posted by jejabu View Post
    This, I only like it for the inclusion of Jill Valentine.
    It paved the way for Jill to be converted into different game play styles in M.U.G.E.N.

Also:
    - Marvel vs Capcom: Clash of Superheroes would have been perfect in my opinion, would it have Jill and Silver / Armored Spider-Man in the playable character roster
    - S.N.K. needs to put Hibiki Takane in more games
    - aside from Ingrid, I'd like to see the two other would have been characters from Capcom Fighting All-Stars make appearances in future games in 2D form
    - Capcom needs to renew / buy the copyright to use those Street Fighter Ex characters
    - I dislike the direction of Tekken 7, from the new costumes, new art style, those techno BMGs, and specially the rage art (I've avoided playing it in the arcades because I'm afraid I might get too used to the rage art mechanic)
    the only chars i liked in mvsc2 were Jill and Ruby, so i agree on that.

1:mvsc1 is probably my favorite in the series, i think it was good as the way it was. but i understand that also 2 or 3 more chars wouldn't have hurt the game.

2:if Nakoruru can be in KOF, i dont see why she not, or a new last blade game at least.

3:you mean D.D and rook? i think those were they names but i could be wrong.

4:there's rumors about garuda from the EX series as a dlc from this season, but for now they are only rumors.

5:there's some things that could be better in that game, it hasn't come out yet. so i can really give a full opinion about that.
    Last edited by Mortos; 5th March 2017 at 03:35.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Mortos View Post
    the only chars i liked in mvsc2 were Jill and Ruby, so i agree on that.

1:mvsc1 is probably my favorite in the series, i think it was good as the way it was. but i understand that also 2 or 3 more chars wouldn't have hurt the game.

2:if Nakoruru can be in KOF, i dont see why she not, or a new last blade game at least.

3:you mean D.D and rook? i think those were they names but i could be wrong.

4:there's rumors about garuda from the EX series as a dlc from this season, but for now they are only rumors.

5:there's some things that could be better in that game, it hasn't come out yet. so i can really give a full opinion about that.
    Yup, D.D and Rook are indeed their names.
    I especially want to see D.D in action, from screenshots he looks like a nod to Kazuya Mishima from Tekken.
    S.N.K. should also bring back Heavy D! and Vanessa.

Uploads
    Comments

Smash 4 SSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.
    Cloud is CANCER
    Mega Man? More like Mega CANCER
    Sakurai does his best but he's a moron that achieved all his successes through either blind luck or his stupid outdated "Kirbyism" philosophy. No, it is not "Bad game design" when an UNSKILLED PLAYER is beaten by a TOURNAMENT-LEVEL PLAYER, and it is not "Good game design" when the EXACT OPPOSITE happens THANKS TO PAY2WIN DLC!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I really wish a Mugen 1.3 would be made, with support for more helpers, more in-built meters, an in-built "Choose your mode! A, B, or Y!" system, online mode built-in and already set-up (Though only being able to play with people that have the same characters as you would be reasonable, being able to pick your character and take it into the multiplayer room your friend sets up would be better), etc.

Uploads
    Comments

SSB4 & Brawl > Melee
    because Melee is overrated and just too fast for my tastes

Uploads
    Comments

Alright.

Super Smash Bros. 4 is better than Brawl and Melee.
    Mortal Kombat: Armageddon is a fairly fun game, same as Mortal Kombat vs. DC. Mortal Kombat 9, however, didn't blow me away as it did with other fans.
    King of Fighters XIV is great.
    SNK is better than Capcom (in the fighting game department anyway).

Uploads
    Comments

i dont like 3d fighting games, that's why i never really tried to play tekken.
    i like super smash bro more than the others in the franchise

Uploads
    Comments

Super Smash Bros. games are super overrated, and did NOT deserve two slots at EVO at all.

SoulCalibur 3 was the best in the series, even if it was broken as all hell.

Uploads
    Comments

SoulCalibur 2 was the best SoulCalibur

Uploads
    Comments

Battle arena Toshinden 1-4
    are too much underrated and nearly unknown nowadays....sadly
    i wish i could see something of it "mugenized"

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo25 View Post
    Battle arena Toshinden 1-4
    are too much underrated and nearly unknown nowadays....sadly
    i wish i could see something of it "mugenized"
    I feel similarly for Vs, a PS1 fighting game that fell into obscurity.
    I only really care to see the character 'Mia' mugenized.

Uploads
    Comments

Quote Originally Posted by jejabu View Post
    I feel similarly for Vs, a PS1 fighting game that fell into obscurity.
    I only really care to see the character 'Mia' mugenized.
    Oh, Thanks, you made me remember about that game!
    I will find it...and i will play it!

I also would like to see some chars mugenized from:
    Bloody Roar
    Rival School (Non-Protagonists)
    Dead or Alive
    Virtua Fighter
    Cardinal Syn

...Who Knows...