UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Posts
    208
    Uploads
    54
    Comments
    452

    Default What is your Most Awaited Video-Game of 2017?

    For me is:
    Friday the 13th: The Game

    ATTENTION! Graphic Violence!







    Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy





    What About Yours?
    Last edited by Enzo25; 16th February 2017 at 18:12.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Age
    24
    Posts
    333
    Uploads
    1329
    Comments
    1294

    Default Re: What is your Most Awaited Video-Game of 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo25 View Post
    For me is:
    Friday the 13th: The Game

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53y-5LpsG_g

    What About You?
    Wow that's a nice one... the graphics are good..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Posts
    208
    Uploads
    54
    Comments
    452

    Default Re: What is your Most Awaited Video-Game of 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bradsalo View Post
    Wow that's a nice one... the graphics are good..
    Well, it is 2017 after all!
    wait till we have 16K resolution too!

    Nice new Pic, Love "The Guy"
    "We all are Disturbed!"
    Last edited by Enzo25; 13th February 2017 at 11:08.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Posts
    39
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    29

    Default Re: What is your Most Awaited Video-Game of 2017?

    The legend of Zelda
    Resident Evil 7
    Crash Bandicoot
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Marvel Vs Capcom infinite

  5. #5

    Default Re: What is your Most Awaited Video-Game of 2017?

    Marvel Vs Capcom infinite

  6. #6

    Default Re: What is your Most Awaited Video-Game of 2017?

    Mahvel obviously.
    The joy of mugen is a multi franchise game. When people refuse to play with that ability, they lose a huge chunk of the fun.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Posts
    173
    Uploads
    44
    Comments
    21

    Default Re: What is your Most Awaited Video-Game of 2017?

    Nier: Automata [for all the future porn it will generate]
    Tekken 7 [for the same reasons as above]

    I don't keep up with games anymore, my last console was the PS3, and I'd like to keep it that way.
    I still look up info on sequels to older games that I used to enjoy, but I don't have the same excitement as before.
    When the PS4 was revealed to have paid online, I no longer cared for console gaming, and I don't have the desire to catch up with current gaming trends on PC.

    I still don't know if I out grew video games or not, or maybe it's just the current climate of the industry.
    I just don't like the newer stuff that comes out anymore.
    I can't get excited for an incomplete game being sold at full price, with day 1 DLC, patches for balancing / bug fixes (these things should be fixed before releasing the game).

    Now a days, I can only get my kicks mostly from fighting games, since most games today are aiming for that cinematic experience.
    Games are trying to be more and more like movies, in a way that takes away game play from the player to make way for more cut scenes and exposition.
    As if these things are needed to tell a good story.

    I guess what bothers me is that games today are trying to be more like most modern movies, dumb down, quicken, sprinkled with artificial drama and littered with exposition left and right for mass consumption.
    Treating the viewer / player like a child, keeping them entertained by throwing in a politically correct and none offensive joke every 5 mins, instead of treating them like a rational thinking adult who can observe and assess their own situations.

    Game design panders more and more towards the casual audience, because that's where the money is at.
    It's no longer about fans that kept the series alive for so long; it's all about the audience that will eat up what ever their favorite brand churns out regardless of quality.

    This doesn't mean there aren't good games being made today, just that it's out weighted by the mediocre.

    </rant>
    Last edited by jejabu; 18th February 2017 at 22:33.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Posts
    208
    Uploads
    54
    Comments
    452

    Default Re: What is your Most Awaited Video-Game of 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by jejabu View Post
    Nier: Automata [for all the future porn it will generate]
    Tekken 7 [for the same reasons as above]

    I don't keep up with games anymore, my last console was the PS3, and I'd like to keep it that way.
    I still look up info on sequels to older games that I used to enjoy, but I don't have the same excitement as before.
    When the PS4 was revealed to have paid online, I no longer cared for console gaming, and I don't have the desire to catch up with current gaming trends on PC.

    I still don't know if I out grew video games or not, or maybe it's just the current climate of the industry.
    I just don't like the newer stuff that comes out anymore.
    I can't get excited for an incomplete game being sold at full price, with day 1 DLC, patches for balancing / bug fixes (these things should be fixed before releasing the game).

    Now a days, I can only get my kicks mostly from fighting games, since most games today are aiming for that cinematic experience.
    Games are trying to be more and more like movies, in a way that takes away game play from the player to make way for more cut scenes and exposition.
    As if these things are needed to tell a good story.

    I guess what bothers me is that games today are trying to be more like most modern movies, dumb down, quicken, sprinkled with artificial drama and littered with exposition left and right for mass consumption.
    Treating the viewer / player like a child, keeping them entertained by throwing in a politically correct and none offensive joke every 5 mins, instead of treating them like a rational thinking adult who can observe and assess their own situations.

    Game design panders more and more towards the casual audience, because that's where the money is at.
    It's no longer about fans that kept the series alive for so long; it's all about the audience that will eat up what ever their favorite brand churns out regardless of quality.

    This doesn't mean there aren't good games being made today, just that it's out weighted by the mediocre.

    </rant>
    Dude, I'm 100% with you!
    DLC Crap, Bugs, Viruses, Hackers, Cheaters, Kids screaming "Yo moms", ecc...
    Games aren't what they used to be...
    "Games are made for Money, not to Accomodate Fans" (Someone, of some Company, said THIS to me.)
    So, now Today games are only Commercial Sh"t!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Posts
    39
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    29

    Default Re: What is your Most Awaited Video-Game of 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by jejabu View Post
    [B]Nier: Automata
    Yeah...Kainč?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Posts
    173
    Uploads
    44
    Comments
    21

    Default Re: What is your Most Awaited Video-Game of 2017?

    Well, who ever said that wasn't necessarily wrong.
    Companies make things to make money.

    But even with this in mind, older games were made with people who enjoyed playing them just as they did making them.
    Most older games were designed with necessity in mind, not what the meme of the month is.

    For example:
    Silent Hill - The fog was put in the game to hide the graphical limitations of the PS1, since the hardware couldn't render objects at a distance without the player getting closer, this was hidden behind the fog also allowing developers to throw multiple enemies at the player while keeping a consistent frame rate.
    Fighting games - characters would shout their attacks in 2D fighting games to give warning to players so that they know what to expect and how to react to it, while 3D fighting games don't move at the same speed, the characters translate this through unusual or flashy animations.
    etc..

    Back when the original team behind games like Tenchu, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, etc. were working on their respective series, they stuck to a certain format.
    Because they didn't want to alienate or push away their fans / players of the original game.
    They would still make changes, but only when they see it fit / necessary, and even when they do, they would still have the fans in mind when doing it.
    It's this reason why the Metal Gear series has thrived for as long as it did, and why a large portion of the Resident Evil community is fragmented.

    Now a days, developers rely too much on mission markers to tell the player where to go.
    What happens here is that the world / level design isn't always memorable because they don't have to be, because the player will just have to look at the mission marker to know where to go.
    So the flow of most open world games becomes [exposition -> travel -> boss / mob fight -> little reward / pat on the back -> repeat].
    And this has become a trend for quite some time that most modern games would almost feel lazy / lifeless and the player just sleep walks through the game moving from goal point to goal point, no longer taking the time to examine / remember the detail.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Toa Mahma View Post
    Yeah...Kainč?
    "YoRHa No.2 Type B" or just "2B".

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'm sorry.. maybe I'm just jaded.
    Last edited by jejabu; 19th February 2017 at 00:18.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Posts
    208
    Uploads
    54
    Comments
    452

    Default Re: What is your Most Awaited Video-Game of 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by jejabu View Post
    Well, who ever said that wasn't necessarily wrong.
    Companies make things to make money.

    But even with this in mind, older games were made with people who enjoyed playing them just as they did making them.
    Most older games were designed with necessity in mind, not what the meme of the month is.

    For example:
    Silent Hill - The fog was put in the game to hide the graphical limitations of the PS1, since the hardware couldn't render objects at a distance without the player getting closer, this was hidden behind the fog also allowing developers to throw multiple enemies at the player while keeping a consistent frame rate.
    Fighting games - characters would shout their attacks in 2D fighting games to give warning to players so that they know what to expect and how to react to it, while 3D fighting games don't move at the same speed, the characters translate this through unusual or flashy animations.
    etc..

    Back when the original team behind games like Tenchu, Silent Hill, Resident Evil, etc. were working on their respective series, they stuck to a certain format.
    Because they didn't want to alienate or push away their fans / players of the original game.
    They would still make changes, but only when they see it fit / necessary, and even when they do, they would still have the fans in mind when doing it.
    It's this reason why the Metal Gear series has thrived for as long as it did, and why a large portion of the Resident Evil community is fragmented.

    Now a days, developers rely too much on mission markers to tell the player where to go.
    What happens here is that the world / level design isn't always memorable because they don't have to be, because the player will just have to look at the mission marker to know where to go.
    So the flow of most open world games becomes [exposition -> travel -> boss / mob fight -> little reward / pat on the back -> repeat].
    And this has become a trend for quite some time that most modern games would almost feel lazy / lifeless and the player just sleep walks through the game moving from goal point to goal point, no longer taking the time to examine / remember the detail.

    - - - Updated - - -



    "YoRHa No.2 Type B" or just "2B".

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'm sorry.. maybe I'm just jaded.
    Very nice response, as always Dude
    i remeber that fog/frames thing in Silent hill...good times.
    ...what can we do, if companies care only about money?
    1 = Nothing...Sadly...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Posts
    173
    Uploads
    44
    Comments
    21

    Default Re: What is your Most Awaited Video-Game of 2017?

    Yes, it's outside of my control, as is yours or anyone else here.
    And so, I simply no longer concern myself with trends in games, I simply play in silence and stay the hell away from it's community / fans.
    M.U.G.E.N. is the only (this)community that I interact with.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Posts
    208
    Uploads
    54
    Comments
    452

    Default Re: What is your Most Awaited Video-Game of 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by jejabu View Post
    Yes, it's outside of my control, as is yours or anyone else here.
    And so, I simply no longer concern myself with trends in games, I simply play in silence and stay the hell away from it's community / fans.
    M.U.G.E.N. is the only (this)community that I interact with.
    Same here...
    you think other communities are bad?
    maybe you haven't seen "Zdoom" wiki's community...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Posts
    173
    Uploads
    44
    Comments
    21

    Default Re: What is your Most Awaited Video-Game of 2017?

    I'll pass, I don't need to know everything.
    Also, this is the only game community I've ever been a part of other than anonymous image boards.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Posts
    208
    Uploads
    54
    Comments
    452

    Default Re: What is your Most Awaited Video-Game of 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by jejabu View Post
    I'll pass, I don't need to know everything.
    Also, this is the only game community I've ever been a part of other than anonymous image boards.
    Good Choice, trust me..
    people there got banned for stupid things...
    people here are more serious...(sorta...)

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Posts
    39
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    29

    Default Re: What is your Most Awaited Video-Game of 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo25 View Post
    Good Choice, trust me..
    people there got banned for stupid things...
    people here are more serious...(sorta...)
    are you talking about SGtMarkIV?
    because its looks like that ;)

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Posts
    208
    Uploads
    54
    Comments
    452

    Default Re: What is your Most Awaited Video-Game of 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by Toa Mahma View Post
    are you talking about SGtMarkIV?
    because its looks like that ;)
    Yes, "Brutal Doom/Hexen/Strife/Doom64" Creator...
    A Total Genius! (In Creating Mods and Levels, i mean)
    but...how did you know?
    You have the game?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Posts
    39
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    29

    Default Re: What is your Most Awaited Video-Game of 2017?

    Quote Originally Posted by Enzo25 View Post
    Yes, "Brutal Doom/Hexen/Strife/Doom64" Creator...
    A Total Genius! (In Creating Mods and Levels, i mean)
    but...how did you know?
    You have the game?
    Oh Yes, but only the Latest version for Skulltag.
    i like it Classic... ;)

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Posts
    10
    Uploads
    2
    Comments
    14

    Default Re: What is your Most Awaited Video-Game of 2017?

    Splatoon 2

    Might be a low hanging fruit, but I'm excited for it.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Posts
    11
    Uploads
    0
    Comments
    11

    Default Re: What is your Most Awaited Video-Game of 2017?

    Definitely Splatoon 2

Similar Threads

  1. BEST video game you ever played?
    By sweetdestructor in forum Misc Non-MUGEN discussions
    Replies: 147
    Last Post: 29th August 2017, 22:32
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14th March 2017, 14:20
  3. Scorn (Video Game)
    By Takashiantinomy in forum Video Games & Computers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 13th August 2016, 18:52
  4. BGM in this video?
    By MugenJin in forum Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11th February 2016, 23:18
  5. Video Ripping Tutorial
    By bumble_vin in forum Requests
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 26th January 2015, 20:12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •