UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

Uploads
    Comments

Default A lot of questions about character and system creation

Hello,

I'm a newbie at MUGEN, all i did was ripping some sprites in Kawaks shot factory and watch some tutorials.

1st : How hard is to make a system based on MUGEN, like KOF Zillion or KOF Wing 2.0? Where you can have a alternate character selection screen, i'm interested on that.

2nd: Is possible to choose grooves like in SF Zero 3, KOF97/98 and CvS2 in the selection screen?

3rd: Are the any place where i can get the KOFZ engine? Since they stopped the project and i've heard that the released the coding of that game.

4th: Can i make my own projectile sprites? Are they made the same way of the character's sprites? And what are the recommended programs for spriting process?

5th: Are there any spriting tutorial for SNK (specially KOF96~XI) style sprites. Also for KOXIII sprites.

6th: Is there any place where i can get Ikaruga's template and/or his SNK Sakura sprites?

I want to start editing characters like Ryo Sakazaki, Iori Yagami and others, then start my own projects like SNK style chars that i like.

Thank you very much in advance.

Default Re: A lot of questions about character and system creation

Quote Originally Posted by R.E.D. ODA View Post
    2nd: Is possible to choose grooves like in SF Zero 3, KOF97/98 and CvS2 in the selection screen?
    If you mean explicitly then no, at least I have never heard of mugen supporting this. But it's entirely possible to select a groove exactly the same way you select a palette, based on which button you press to select the character. e.g. it's commonly used in warusaki3 chars, where selecting with start+any button will trigger an alternate version (evil/shin/boss/mech/etc..) IIRC there's a char named Fou-Lu which used that kind of setting.

Default Re: A lot of questions about character and system creation

These kinds of things like the groove system are usually something that's character specific, you can't change the engine to add it to every character, but you can have many characters in a build with these same funtionalities and program them into other new characters.

As for most other things you asked about they're a matter of learning how to draw sprites or using others ones that are already made as examples.