a missing category? request it here.

• Welcome

User Name   Remember Me?
    Not a member yet? Join us now!
    It takes less than a minute!

Join the community now!
  • Google Search

• Mediafire blacklisted

I have received a number of private messages recently about alleged security threat on the mediafire hosting site. After looking into the evidence provided, it appears the risk is real and documented, confirmed by mediafire itself.

In order to protect our community from this security threat, I have decided to blacklist mediafire. If you have to host files externally, please use alternate hosting sites such as sendspace, mega or onedrive.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Mediafire blacklisted started by Dizzy View original post
    Comments 15 Comments
      Jansen121 -
      Oh,my god,The best is onedrive for me because it's safe.
      kater15 -
      I had seen this message on another Mugen site, but the people there preferred to ignore it and removed the post from there.

It will be bad for me because I use Mediafire to store some of my files, including my palette packages. Well, the way I'm going to migrate to my old MEGA account.
      xWagnerPlaguesx -
      Well gonna have to learn how to upload to Mega. Is 4Shared out of the question as well?
      mulambo -
      And "elsewhere" it's even suggested as secure space... sticking to Google drive.
      FlareGamer64 -
      I actually HAD a mediafire account, but after two weeks of getting it, I couldn't sign in anymore for some reason. Well I still have Drive so IF I need to alt stuff I have that.
      Sol Badguy -
      oh sweet irony !!

panic in the wiki madhouse, 20 dupes not enough, our friend is currently dispatching 40 new alts to keep everything under control

what a bunch of epic fail, they will never be not funny

my mood right now : https://streamable.com/7rhfv
      Leon72 -
      It's at least 10 months that mediafire is not safe. Never noticed before?
      Makyura -
      MediaFire is Dead?
      kater15 -
      No, MediaFire is not dead. What happened is that the links from this site are no longer allowed here.
      Hyde233 -
      aw crap, I host some of my files on Mediafire.
      n00b12 -
      Oh my Gosh! My files are now corr... Wait. If you link with MediaFire, it will show as "blacklisted".
      Sol Badguy -
      still can't get over this, beaten at their own game, the masks are falling apart right now

whatever's left of their fanbase must be confused as hell right now, they've been supporting virus sites all these years, they must be like this right now

bison shadaloo -
      O.O virus in mediafire ?, there I have hosted my most precious files!
      I have researched a little, but nothing is sure, so I will be forced to erase everything and re-raise it to mega!!

security measures in this link
      Dizzy -
      Quote Originally Posted by kater15 View Post
      I had seen this message on another Mugen site, but the people there preferred to ignore it and removed the post from there.
      I find that surprising. Do they only worry about security issues when it fits their agenda?
      If anybody needed another evidence they're a fraud, they have it. They're showing a huge lack of respect toward their own users.
      Garfieldfan22 -

Ah, it's fine. Just got me a MEGA account. I'll probally also use Google Drive.