UPLOAD, SHARE, PRESERVE MUGEN FOR ETERNITY!
a missing category? request it here.

• Welcome

User Name   Remember Me?
    Not a member yet? Join us now!
    It takes less than a minute!
    Password  

Join the community now!
  • Google Search

• Varia's Holiday Surprise! TWO BETAS!

I'm back everyone! And I come bearing gifts. Click the spoiler below to take a look at my present for you all! :D

Varia's Present to Everyone:

Optimus Prime (BETA)

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nr4bn2x69z...0Beta.zip?dl=0

Optimus Prime is made to feel large and powerful. He hits quite hard, but to balance his power, he is rather slow, and can struggle against short characters.

Optimus Prime's moveset:

-Medium Punch (when standing at a distance) = Ion Blaster
    -Back, Foward, Medium Punch = Energon Ax
    -Any attack button (when running/rolling) = Truck Ram
    -Medium Punch + Medium Kick = Evade (press any attack button to follow up with a grab)

What needs to be added to Optimus Prime:

-Hypers
    -A few more Specials
    -More win poses
    -An AI

Samus Reloaded (BETA)

DOWNLOAD: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zg1vl0xhqg...0Beta.zip?dl=0

Samus moves relatively quick, and she uses a new system that makes her vastly different from my original Samus: her style of combat changes depending on range. She uses beam weapons at a distance, and switches to melee when close enough.

Samus Aran's Moveset:

-Light Punch (when standing at a distance) = Power Beam (hold to charge)
    -Medium Punch (when standing at a distance) = Wave Beam
    -Light Kick (when standing at a distance) = Plasma Beam
    -Medium Kick (when standing at a distance) = Ice Beam (frozen enemies take a little more damage)
    -Down, Back, Light Kick = Missile (becomes Super Missile when Charge Shot is ready)
    -Down, Back, Medium Punch = Melee Counter
    -Down, Up (Super Jump) = Shinespark
    -Medium Kick (while dashing forward) = Knee Spike
    -Back, Foward (while against the wall in the air) = Wall Jump
    -Light or Medium Kick (while rolling backward) = Bomb Drop

What needs to be added to Samus:

-Hypers
    -More Specials
    -The Sense Move as a dodge
    -A redone Light Kick animation
    -More win poses
    -A better AI

So yes, everyone. I hope you enjoy these BETAs! Being that the characters are still in development, now is the time to critique and let me know what could be changed or tweaked, and what I could add. Unlike my last two creations, I am striving to make these characters as balanced and free of infinites as I possibly can so that they can be enjoyed by everyone. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!

I know some might be wondering what happened to Diddy Kong... well don't worry. He's still being worked on. I actually started to redo some of his animations and improve his combos recently. I will try to update you all soon!

Happy holidays, everyone!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Varia's Holiday Surprise! TWO BETAS! started by Varia31 View original post
    Comments 22 Comments
      SilverX619 -
      A Samus Redux? That's a start.
      Gandolfo -
      That gen 1 Optimus looks really good.
      Varia31 -
      Quote Originally Posted by SilverX619 View Post
      A Samus Redux? That's a start.
      Yeah, my original Samus is woefully unbalanced and in general is very lacking in quality. It was my very first character. As such, I wanted to completely redo her now that I'm more experienced, so that I can do her some justice.
      SilverX619 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Varia31 View Post
      Yeah, my original Samus is woefully unbalanced and in general is very lacking in quality. It was my very first character. As such, I wanted to completely redo her now that I'm more experienced, so that I can do her some justice.
      Very well then, do as desired with passion.
      Heka2010 -
      Woah, bellissimo! thanks alot for the share. between samus and prime i'd choose prime as i grew with g1 cartoons so it's a great gift!
      Mekstik -
      I need to try it ? Thanks
      Djlolo -
      Hi . The chars for me Is greate you can make Zero from megaman ?
      Varia31 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Djlolo View Post
      Hi . The chars for me Is greate you can make Zero from megaman ?
      I wasn't planning on making Zero. Sorry.
      A x ◿ -
      I wasn't planning on making Zero. Sorry.
      You would really do it well though, no doubt in my mind that if you did it would be like omegashock's mewtwo level of fame.

ALSO!!!!

Wow it's been a while since i checked out your Samus character. She is creepy realistic visually and your animations are just fantastic now! You really improved your 3D/2D craft! I remember your early work when you were starting out and you came a long way. When I check out your username I think of you in regards to Reuben Kee (R.I.P.), famous mugen creator who is known for his Dragonclaw character, a 3d/2d work for mugen.

BTW I'm a big fan of your Ridely and it's proof that he CAN work in smash bros so I don't know who they are BS-ing now...

Varia31 -
      Quote Originally Posted by A x ◿ View Post
      You would really do it well though, no doubt in my mind that if you did it would be like omegashock's mewtwo level of fame.

ALSO!!!!

Wow it's been a while since i checked out your Samus character. She is creepy realistic visually and your animations are just fantastic now! You really improved your 3D/2D craft! I remember your early work when you were starting out and you came a long way. When I check out your username I think of you in regards to Reuben Kee (R.I.P.), famous mugen creator who is known for his Dragonclaw character, a 3d/2d work for mugen.

BTW I'm a big fan of your Ridely and it's proof that he CAN work in smash bros so I don't know who they are BS-ing now...

Ah, thank you Ax!

I didn't make Ridley though. lol
      You're probably thinking of BaganSmashBros. ;)

I remember Reuben. He was going to make a Samus in collaboration with ShinRyoga before he passed, and I bet it would have been fantastic. Reuben was a really talented creator!
      A x ◿ -
      Ah, thank you Ax!

I didn't make Ridley though. lol
      You're probably thinking of BaganSmashBros. ;)

I remember Reuben. He was going to make a Samus in collaboration with ShinRyoga before he passed, and I bet it would have been fantastic. Reuben was a really talented creator!
      Oh you're right! For some reason I thought you made all these 3d/2d wonders.

Yeah also when I read on how to spell reuben's name correctly I came across that info on him having a planned Samus W.I.P.

Well yours is definitely fantastic and it goes great with that Ridley anyway! It would be interesting if someone out there could make an openBoR game using this stuff to create 1 level, just to see what it would look like in this style andd how it would play and feel.

Well anyway, thanks for this one. ;)
      Varia31 -
      UPDATE 1/11/2018
      I have put progress on Samus on hold for the time being, as Optimus is the one I am most actively working on! He is actually nearing completion! If you have any feedback about him, now is the time to speak up! All that's really left is his Hypers and AI, and he only has at least 2 Hypers left. He has 3 already!

I have a question for you all as well: Which CSP would you prefer to see most for the character? I am providing three choices here. Whichever one gets the most votes will be the final version! Please let me know in the comments what CSP you think works best: either Prime A, Prime B, or Prime C.

Prime A

Prime B

Prime C
      Velseize -
      OMFG optimus!?
      Cyriogenicfire37 -
      These are amazing.
      Varia31 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Velseize View Post
      OMFG optimus!?
      Yeah, man! I had his BETA available alongside the Samus redux in this post from the start! ;)

Be sure to let me know which CSP you prefer!
      Kora -
      Optimus B.
      luigui888 -
      Prime B sure looks fantastic.
      Morbidjoe -
      looks great
      Megagoku Joestar -
      This looks GREAT!! I was really dissapinted when i realise Optimus not have a good char in mugen... Until now, great job partner, and the Spark be with you.
      Varia31 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Megagoku Joestar View Post
      This looks GREAT!! I was really dissapinted when i realise Optimus not have a good char in mugen... Until now, great job partner, and the Spark be with you.
      Thanks! Be sure to vote on which CSP you prefer!