PDA

View Full Version : MUGEN ARCHIVE banner contest

Dizzy
Mar 09, 2015, 20:20
Today, we open a banner contest ! :grin:

The game is pretty simple, you all know our banner tagline It's over! We all win!
You must come up with another tagline for the MUGEN ARCHIVE and add it to the following template.

http://mugenarchive.com/forums/images2/logo/mugen_archive_0.png

The best banners will be added to our banner pool and the winners will receive a VIP account upgrade (http://mugenarchive.com/forums/announcement.php?f=8&a=2). :winner:

Do your best !! :wink1:

Anji Mito
Mar 20, 2015, 16:29
what about :

CREATE THE ULTIMATE ROSTER
and

MUGEN ARCHIVE : THE ULTIMATE ROSTER

the 1st idea is users come here to build a roster
the 2nd idea is mugen archive is itself the final roster :laugh:

TheRealDio
Aug 23, 2015, 23:05
Community vs error 404

Dizzy
Sep 04, 2015, 14:20
Sorry for the late reply boys.

@ANJI : It's not a promise, but I may add "THE ULTIMATE ROSTER" (2nd)
@DIO : Interesting but we have already something similar, so that could sound redundant. We need completely original ideas.

kilolago
Aug 07, 2016, 20:04
lol is it too late?

Dizzy
Aug 07, 2016, 20:29
No any suggestion is still welcome. :amuse:

CakeEcchi
Aug 12, 2016, 18:08
How bout something like with "THE FIGHT OF ALL" or "FREE 4 ALL" (with a very sharp font) o3o

CakeEcchi
Aug 13, 2016, 16:24
Or I know! ^^ "All in One"?

crosspotts1.0
Sep 24, 2016, 14:54
we are mugen
this is forever
and we could have every ones (one) favorite mugen char sprites compose in the background and use the sprites of char not portrait so u actually get the feel of each mugen char just by looking at the banner

Dizzy
Sep 24, 2016, 19:45
Or I know! ^^ "All in One"?

You're onto something maybe... Everyone vs Everyone? :amuse:

DominatorLegend
Sep 25, 2016, 19:14
How about "universal dream match"? Is my best way to say every character of anything that comes to your mind is here. What do you think? :smile:

Worrybear
Sep 25, 2016, 20:17
"Mugen will never die"

Mojkoe
Oct 04, 2016, 06:31
" Mugen: Fated Encounters"

Not much of Tagline more like a game title.

Iceberg821
Oct 04, 2016, 22:19
I got a few words. check these out...

"Refuge of Lost Creations"

"put the keyboard to rest..."

"United by effort...and hobby"

"You'll probably find it here"

"made to strive-since 2009"

bison shadaloo
Mar 23, 2017, 05:03
Collect, play and share!

TussalDragon344
May 22, 2017, 05:40
What are you fighting for?!

Plusle2019
Jun 16, 2017, 05:00

I know this isn't a design a new banner contest but I did it anyways + a new tagline

Dizzy
Jun 17, 2017, 06:06
It's pretty nice but I'm sure people would complain about its height and the scroll down madness. :sdrop:

Plusle2019
Jun 17, 2017, 06:09
The banner can easilly be resized to fit tge original with simple html code. Itll be fine. Maybe a little out of aspect though.

- - - Updated - - -

Or if not posdible, i can always go back and resize it. No big deal.

CakeEcchi
Jun 03, 2018, 14:58
Something like that! (Sorry for a unbelievable late reply) ^^

TheWhiteDevil27
Jun 03, 2018, 15:50
It might be a late reply but I have 2 new taglines for you guys (if you haven't already added them):

Dizzy
Jun 03, 2018, 16:10
It's never too late as long as the thread is not closed.

The second one amused me a lot. :amuse:

mulambo
Jun 03, 2018, 18:47
Well, I've made this:
Description:
It's really different than the current one and different from the other sites too (the other sites show ultra-techy fonts, too complex layouts which is, imho, kinda wrong because some users may like techy font, some others may like comic sans... there's a too broad selection so I aimed at some really standard sans font with minimum stylizations) and I've also used an image from the site with tons of chars which don't only represent the downloadable chars themselves but also the "community factor".
The text logo is available as vector/scalable svg (or AI/PDF/EPS, etc...), the tagline is editable... in regards I'd suggest something like :

" Anything about MUGEN! " (pretty generic and catchy)
" Your dream game... come true. " (based on the " Build your dream game " tagline)
" Search it, find it, download it! "(based on the " Your answer to 404 " tagline, which may be not really understandable by those who don't know what 404 is. Yes, there are some.)
" Keeping MUGEN alive since [year] " (based on the "Preserve MUGEN for eternity" which sounds a bit too glorious/futuristic).

Just some honest suggestions... not that I don't like the current tagline, it's just that it's not clear what it's actually "over" and why/what "we" could have won something. So I think the tagline could be changed in something more generic (like: something that makes the utility of the site clear and understandable, something less "wary", more generic and neutral)... something the generic user can like at first sight without wondering "uhm... what does it mean?" ... and also something that won't make the other sites feel like losers, you know if somebody "wins" somebody else "loses" and it's not clear what and why... that's why the tagline should be kinda neutral, imho.

I'd also exclude the presence of single characters like Ryu or the other one. Got nothing against them, but, as regards my experience, some users hate Ryu (and I have too say it's a bit overused... a bit of a clichè, honestly :/ ). That's why I preferred a multitude of characters like... "any char you're looking for is available, any." Yup, other sites use a pic with tons of chars in the background but actually that's a part that can be edited.

Well, I hope these suggestions won't be offensive, they're just my thoughts, anyone can agree or disagree about them and they're open to any edit.

Dizzy
Jun 07, 2018, 21:35
Well, I've made this:
Description:
It's really different than the current one and different from the other sites too (the other sites show ultra-techy fonts, too complex layouts which is, imho, kinda wrong because some users may like techy font, some others may like comic sans... there's a too broad selection so I aimed at some really standard sans font with minimum stylizations) and I've also used an image from the site with tons of chars which don't only represent the downloadable chars themselves but also the "community factor".
The text logo is available as vector/scalable svg (or AI/PDF/EPS, etc...), the tagline is editable... in regards I'd suggest something like :

" Anything about MUGEN! " (pretty generic and catchy)
" Your dream game... come true. " (based on the " Build your dream game " tagline)
" Search it, find it, download it! "(based on the " Your answer to 404 " tagline, which may be not really understandable by those who don't know what 404 is. Yes, there are some.)
" Keeping MUGEN alive since [year] " (based on the "Preserve MUGEN for eternity" which sounds a bit too glorious/futuristic).

Just some honest suggestions... not that I don't like the current tagline, it's just that it's not clear what it's actually "over" and why/what "we" could have won something. So I think the tagline could be changed in something more generic (like: something that makes the utility of the site clear and understandable, something less "wary", more generic and neutral)... something the generic user can like at first sight without wondering "uhm... what does it mean?" ... and also something that won't make the other sites feel like losers, you know if somebody "wins" somebody else "loses" and it's not clear what and why... that's why the tagline should be kinda neutral, imho.

I'd also exclude the presence of single characters like Ryu or the other one. Got nothing against them, but, as regards my experience, some users hate Ryu (and I have too say it's a bit overused... a bit of a clichè, honestly :/ ). That's why I preferred a multitude of characters like... "any char you're looking for is available, any." Yup, other sites use a pic with tons of chars in the background but actually that's a part that can be edited.

Well, I hope these suggestions won't be offensive, they're just my thoughts, anyone can agree or disagree about them and they're open to any edit.

Very interesting, bookmarked. :smile:

DarkKnightDetective
Nov 14, 2018, 03:58
Hi Dizzy, I was bored so I had some fun with the banner =P