PDA

View Full Version : Exiled to an island with 100 GB

Bridget
Feb 02, 2015, 15:47
You are being sentenced to exile on an island :wavecry:, you are allowed to take 100 GB HDD with you. Can be filled with anything. OS, games, movies, books, applications, photographs...

What are you going to fill that HDD with? :worried:

JJJaxx
Apr 12, 2016, 07:07
Mugen. Unreal tournament. My music dev software since I'll have a load of time to work with it. Some roguelikes (small file space, an generate randomly every time!). Probably some pen and paper RPG stuff, as well. Dice program. I'll probably have made some cool shiz by the time my isolation's over, actually.

Left4Joker
Apr 12, 2016, 13:54
My favorite anime songs, Unreal is a nice option, also some other old games that do not occupy too much space. Might and Magic 6-7-8 probably, Final Fantasy 8, etc. An offline version of Windows help (cuz you never know), and a Linux distro (also, cuz you never know). Emulators and some roms to solve the problem of "omg my windows is down I just got Linux with no games".

JJJaxx
Apr 15, 2016, 04:23
The linux distro is a good idea, wish I'd thought of that. I don't really need the windows help so much, but that's only because I went to school specifically to do windows troubleshooting myself. I guess woo for theoretical saved filespace? XD

shoe55
Apr 23, 2016, 18:20
Lord of the Rings books and movies, M.A.M.E packed with all of my favorites such as 3rd strike, turtles in time, classic arcade KI, Captain Marvel, ect. Skyrim My favorite bands obviously for my music which include Powerman 5000, MSI, Tatu, The killers, and all of that jazz. Some of my favorite shows like Scrubs, House, Jericho, Sons of Anarchy. Not sure what I would fill the rest of my gigs left, hard to tell but a decent amount also to some adult entertainment :thumbup:.

DarkLuigi
Apr 23, 2016, 20:31
I'd fill my HDD with Mugen, all the emulators I use (I've got a whole set of working arcade roms with the emulator I'm using), some Indie games (mainly "Maldita Castilla" and "The curse of "Issyos"), some games that use the Doom engine (such as Hexen and Heretic), some Doom 2 mods, some videogame music and the videos I like the most. Maybe some movies to fill the remaining Gigabytes.

Fraurf
Apr 23, 2016, 20:48
I'd fill it with Mugen, dumb art I haven't finished, some indie games (cant think of any), maybe some emulators, minecraft just so I don't feel as bored, and some video game soundtracks.

Grandpa_Ironside
Apr 26, 2016, 06:21
Most of my steam library, my pom folder, a few two best friends LP's

Sublime Unlight
May 15, 2016, 11:19
- Mugen and emulators of systems from various generations with a myriad of titles for each.
- A massive, diversified collection of metal albums, enough to never grow tired listening to it all.
- Ableton Live 9 Suite and other music production applications to compose music (since, I'm assuming I am without any instruments; and even if I possessed instruments, I'd still want these programs)
- Document editing programs so as to document stuff (you know, island journals and creative writing should I ever have a hankering for it)
- Lots of pron (especially if I am to never see other human life ever again)
- E-books on philosophy, literature, and island survival (if necessary)
- Tons of manga and anime to last a century (you take Dragonball/Z away from me, you take away a piece of my soul)
- Linux distros and Windows 7 Ultimate Edition

idspispopd
May 19, 2016, 05:51
I am WAY too much of a packrat to even begin to be able to answer a question like that. (You should see my morrowind characters where I use exploits to jack up my characters equipment weight just so I can pick up everything I can, or my skyrim characters where I upgrade every house just so i can have more storage room just to store all the weapons and items I just hang on to, if i need them or not)

odin123
May 24, 2016, 14:28
Mugen, some emulators, tv shows and movies.

Somenamelesspunk
May 25, 2016, 21:07
My sprites...

Iceberg821
May 26, 2016, 03:14
Okay, okay, Imma bring:

-My M.U.G.E.N/IKEMEN (16 GB of content)
-My Music (3-4 GB)
-My Movies (5 each genre)
-My Ps2 Emulator (5 Games on HDD)
-Paint.net
-Openoffice
And Volumes of Manga (Grappler Baki/Garouden, Tokyo Tribes)

Judging by my PC rig? Meh. This'll take 17 hours.

*gets phone call*

Hello.... huh?...oh! So your saying...wait...wah!?! THERE'S NO COMPUT-:facepalm2:

Creperator
Jun 03, 2016, 10:49
Well, i'll take:
*a computer (with a 3d printable boat file inside, you will understand why)
*a small energy generator
*a 3d printer
*a boat motor

1. Print the 3d boat
2. With the boat motor, the energy generator and the boat, escape.

zombiespro10101
Aug 04, 2016, 04:06
Windows OS, then all episodes of RWBY (rewatched them a lot and still just as good!), and Payday 2 (cause somehow I never get bored of it!).

Baal83
Aug 06, 2016, 00:13
windows, mugen, skyrim ( with a ton of mods :grin: ) and music of course :cool:

The White
Aug 10, 2016, 22:31
I would fill it with mugen, windows, paint.net, Microsoft Office, and notepad. I would also be using google to search for any information that I need.

SnailCar
Aug 14, 2016, 01:53
enough digital copies of the song What's New PussyCat to fit the 100 gigs, then a It's Not Unusual after every 7th copy of WNPC for good measure

Xante
Aug 27, 2016, 02:45
pretty much everything i have in my D: Disc (its 100G ...)

tank1221
Aug 27, 2016, 03:41
Music a TON of it i would also have mount and blade installed that game has a ton of replayability.

Azure_Shadow
Sep 06, 2016, 08:29
Hmm. Anything I needed to survive, obviously (a map of the island, list of edible foods, etc). Assuming that food, shelter, water and power were provided already, it would also depend on whether I had internet access. But for the most part...
Steam folder with Assault Android Cactus, Tales of Maj'Eyal, Terraria, Copy Kitty and One Way Heroics, because those five games could probably sustain my videogame needs forever. A whole bunch of blank space to write in, so obviously a word processor. Lots of good music. And some pictures to remind me of better times.
Maybe some drawing tutorials, since I'd finally have all the time I needed to learn.

Peary
Sep 09, 2016, 14:04
As many survival guide e-books as i can find, NES-tier console emulators with complete libraries of games, good writing software so i could keep journals-
Waaaaaait a minute. You said that we can take a HDD, you didn't say anything about a computer.
Is this a ruse?

cheddarsword
Sep 09, 2016, 17:52
depends. if it's a pc of decent strength, then any random windows OS (can't stand apple, but i refuse to diss it) and a SHIP load of emulators and roms/isos. i love me some music, so i'd probably grab me some grade AAA metal, hard rock, rap, smooth jazz, techno and trance.

edit: oh, and project AM2R. i love metroid. yes, i was one of the fortunate that managed to get the game before shitendo stepped in. however, i missed the update.

Dizzy
Sep 09, 2016, 19:19
it would also depend on whether I had internet access

That would defeat the entire purpose I believe. :tongue1:

mulambo
Nov 22, 2016, 21:36
woah, I'd choose my 60gb game collection (mostly arcade, psx, misc. roms).
another folder that will make me feel less alone
all the funny videos I stored in the years
and my documents so I wouldn't get bored.

A x ◿
Nov 23, 2016, 00:04
For me I would take my favorite movie clips, I collect clips rather than whole movies because I only like certain parts of movies. I do collect tv shows/toons I grew up with, it's like my personal cable network XD

A digital copy of the bible+full audio bible reads.

A collection of my movie fan fictions.

A collection of youtube playthroughs of video games I like.

And,

Lastly my full-game mugen collections.

PK-Tanooki
Dec 10, 2016, 21:09
MUGEN, Dead Rising 2: Off The Record, All my music, and Nuclear Throne.

Relikioz
Dec 12, 2016, 03:01
I think the biggest problem is the "electricity".

However, my choice is photo.

Plusle2019
Dec 12, 2016, 03:13
100? Pfft. Skyrim, Fallout 4, gta san andreas and Google Chrome. I have an extremely low spec PC from 2008 so I dont know what its like to have a modern computer.

deedara69
Dec 14, 2016, 05:27
yea fallout 4 and skyrim few mods squeezed on

hegalica
Dec 26, 2016, 16:56
I think the biggest problem is the "electricity".

However, my choice is photo.

Solar energy might be helpful :)

FaceOfDays
Dec 28, 2016, 01:52
A tough choice. I'd bring along my 8GB music collection, Overwatch, Smash Bros. Melee/Project M, and 50GB of Steam games. The rest would probably be Pokemon ROMs. I hope I wouldn't get bored!

Wasdye3000
Dec 29, 2016, 13:44
Most likely some games music and free space (save stuff)

GuiraGueen
Dec 29, 2016, 18:52
100GB of nutshack memes

Plusle2019
Dec 29, 2016, 19:18
100GB of furry ******, images, games, and videos alike.