PDA

View Full Version : A non-fighting game you want to see a fighting game of.

Zephier
20th November 2016, 11:21
I mentioned in another post that it'd be neat to see a League of Legends fighting game, but that was more of a gaming crack ship. SSB opened interesting doors by taking game characters from non fighting games (and non-combat games...that random AC Villager.) and letting you play them in an all out brawl. Dissidia also let us play out our 'who would win in a fight' fantasies (ha!) for all of our favorite FF heroes and villains.

Whether it's just because it'd be cool, or if it would let you settle some old grudges, what game or series would you most love to see a fighting game of? Maybe it's even what you're working on in Mugen right now. :o

Personally, League half joke aside, I want to see a Tales faceoff game. It's practically all there already, with most of the arts resembling fighting game supers and such, you just spend more time abusing adorable critters and such rather than having a worthy opponent to parry and out combo. That and getting to punch Zelos would make the whole thing worth while by itself.

Mifune
20th November 2016, 12:52
A Tales game with all the beloved characters WOULD be great :)
I'd also love to see a pokemon fighting game like Pokken with more characters... the existing ones are pretty few.

Fraudrin
20th November 2016, 19:02
I would love a Fairy Tail fighting game. It has a lot of cool and sexy (lol) characters, with interesting and diverse abilities. I think that would work pretty well. At least a NAruto Ultimate Storm kinda game.

Enzo25
20th November 2016, 20:55
i think about Digimon in DBZ shin budokai style
Digimon Rumble Arena 1-2 wasn't very good...
or
Metal Gear Solid/Syphon Filter Crossover in Tekken/Soulcalibur style

deedara69
8th December 2016, 05:02
I second a fairy tail game, thatd be sick, i have gray, erza and natsu in my mugen. love it. id also play the metal gear. big boss vs raiden? liquid (original) vs fisher? sniper wolf vs meryl? yea, and my homie diamond dog :) I wouldnt mind seeing a samurai warriors 4 based fighting game. pure side scrolling with 3-d side step, i dig weapon fighting, with guest character blind swordsman Zatoichi and lone wolf and cub :)

Do the fairy tail in Storm style. I wouldnt mind a bleach Storm style game either

Sookie
9th December 2016, 07:23
I think I speak for 90% when I say GTA.

Mortos
9th December 2016, 07:52
I think I speak for 90% when I say GTA.

That would be funny and weird, with Jimmy Hopkins, Max Payne, the guy from manhut(i forget his name) and John Marston as guess stars.

Enzo25
9th December 2016, 10:28
That would be funny and weird, with Jimmy Hopkins, Max Payne, the guy from manhut(i forget his name) and John Marston as guess stars.

Manhunt: James Earl Cash
Manhunt 2: Daniel Lamb/Leo Kasper
Red Dead Revolver: Red Harlow

Yeah...that would be awesome!

Hyde233
10th December 2016, 06:12
A game be turned into a fighting game, huh?
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/qPqZ5e3jZ6M/hqdefault.jpg
(FYI, this is an actual game)

deedara69
10th December 2016, 22:28
john Cena can never defeat stacy, the class facttoter

Plusle2019
10th December 2016, 22:31
I would love a Fairy Tail fighting game. It has a lot of cool and sexy (lol) characters, with interesting and diverse abilities. I think that would work pretty well. At least a NAruto Ultimate Storm kinda game.

Fairy Tail Gekitotsu! Kardia Daiseidou featuring none other than HAPPY!

Sookie
12th December 2016, 00:25
John Marston is boss

Fuzzyketchup
31st December 2016, 02:35
My Little Pony, Fighting is Magic RIP

Fujioka
31st December 2016, 04:28
Cory In The House : The Anime : The Movie : The Game.

Amexican
31st December 2016, 18:01
An Xbox exclusives fighting game. Just think abuot it, Playstation and Nintendo have their own franchise. Why not Xbox?

Plusle2019
31st December 2016, 18:16
An Xbox exclusives fighting game. Just think abuot it, Playstation and Nintendo have their own franchise. Why not Xbox?

It would just be Master Chief beating himself up.

Amexican
31st December 2016, 18:24
It would just be Master Chief beating himself up.
Damn, I forgot the lack of exclusives :mega_shock:
And what do you think about a Burnout fighting game (AKA a derby/demolition/arena type of game)?

keawn326
1st January 2017, 20:50
There was a time when I could legitimately answer this question but most of the things I love that weren't fighting games are nowadays. Even Pokemon. It's crazy, right?

emulator
4th February 2017, 20:11
1. Survival Horror Fighting Game Cross Over.
[Characters]
<< Resident Evil >>
- Chris Redfield
- Jill Valentine
- Barry Burtton
- Rebecca Chambers
- Leon Kennedy
- Claire Redfield
<< Silent Hill >>
- Harry Mason
- Heather Mason
- James Sunderland
<< Dino Crisis >>
- Regina
- Dylan Morton
<< Fatal Frame >>
- Miku Hinasaki
- Mio Amakura
- Rei Kurosawa
<< Alone in the Dark >>
- Edward Carnby [The New Nightmare]
<< Parasite Eve >>
- Aya Brea
- Kyle Madigan
<< Clock Tower >>
- Alyssa Hale
<< Obscure >>
- Stanley Jones
- Corey Wilde

- Claudia - Silent Hill
- Albert Wesker - Resident Evil

2. Stealth Ninja Fighting Game Cross Over.
[Characters]
[B]<< Tenchu >>
- Rikimaru
- Ayame
- Tesshu
- Rin
<< Red Ninja >>
- Kurenai
<< Shinobido >>
- Goh
- Kinu
[BOSSES]
- Onikage - Tenchu
- Mochizuki Chiyome - Red Ninja

Garcg175
4th February 2017, 20:18
The assassins creed series might sound like a good idea

14th February 2017, 04:45
A Tales game with all the beloved characters WOULD be great :)
I'd also love to see a pokemon fighting game like Pokken with more characters... the existing ones are pretty few.

Does 'Tales of VS.' count? Also, Fire Emblem, anyone?

Left4Joker
14th February 2017, 11:10
Does 'Tales of VS.' count? Also, Fire Emblem, anyone?

What about a crossover?

Tales of Series VS Fire Emblem \o/

17th February 2017, 04:24
What about a crossover?

That would be cool! :)

Enzo25
17th February 2017, 10:10
What about a crossover?

Why not...
SoulCalibur Vs Battle Arena Toshinden
Mortal Kombat vs Killer Instinct
Tekken Vs Virtua Fighter

That Would be cool too...Am I right?

mulambo
23rd February 2017, 15:53
I'm ok with the tenchu thing, but I don't really approve the survival horror thing for these reasons:
1. Most characters have guns, the original games were not focused on martial arts.
2. Some of those games were based on psychological things, like silent hill.

I think other games which can be turned in fighting games, in my opinion, are:
- Rogue Galaxy, soulblade style
- Crash Bandicoot (why not.. we already got a kart version of it), ssmb style
- Incredible Crisis (yeah i know, that would be a totally weird but extremely funny fighting game)

now, "for something completely different":
- GRANTURISMO (ok, just kidding :D)

Iceberg821
24th February 2017, 02:12
My vivid imagination nagged me to share these 3 ideas in much detail...

#1. Need For Speed vs. Midnight Club

The franchises not only to prove their merit, but to drive the final wrench into each others "networks". I can imagine game-play similar to SPLIT/SECOND elimination races, where players trigger automated maneuvers like "donut", "nos" or "precision gear shift" in 1v1. First to eliminate the opposition wins.

#2. N+ vs. Super Meatboy

A very epic match in which the two attempt to sabotage starve each other; All while surviving a brutal co-op(ish) series of levels. Glory to the last one to reach the checkpoint, though your failure succeed will resurrect the opponent. Immediately.

#3. Condemned Vs. Contagion

The leaders within four faction (Police forces, Survivalist, Zombies and the Deranged) attack in extremely violent manners. This could play out as an generic fighting game, but I would still prefer a third person "fight or flight" model; the element of surprise would be to this game as the gun aesthetics & are to Halo or COD etc.

Tabris666
24th February 2017, 06:15
A fairy tail fighting game,well i dont know when you answered but there are 4 fighting games of fairy tail and those are really good the games got released quite a long time ago besides some chars make an appearance on the game Sunday VS Magazine Shuuketsu of psp.
A game of a non fighting game is kinda hard to answer because most of the games involve fighting in a certain level even rpgs.
What i would love is an exclusive game of star ocean because while it have a bonus vs mode is not the same as an exclusive fighting game,for example league of legends is mostly a fighting game with rpg touch so your question should be rephrased because i dont understand it.
You where saying an exclusive 2D or 2.5 D fighting game.
Or you where talking abouyt a 3d fighting game.
Gta games are full of bugs so to get another mortal kombat again it wouldnt be wise besides the reason because people like the gta is because of the modding capabilities.
https://gamersnatales.files.wordpress.com/2016/06/enb2016_7_15_7_21_2.png?w=810

The only game that comes to mind that could be a really good fighting game would be the danganronpa kibogamine gakkuen universe (all the games,series novels are connected and is just one big story) besudes that there arent much because we have to take in account if the story and chars are appropiate for a fighting game.
For example all the chars from dengeki bunkou novels are appropiate for fight this is why they made the game,the same applies to danganronpa.
A game that would be appropiate would be Idol Death Game TV well what i wish is a 2d fighting of Boku no Hero Academia Battle (the game is 3d and you have to collect cards and ater that you can battle)

NegaDrive
26th February 2017, 05:27
hyper dimension neptunia vs magical battle fiesta

cyberbun
27th February 2017, 14:17
I'm actually really surprised there isn't a Tales fighting game yet

you'd think those games would get one before Persona did.

MugenReallyReally
4th March 2017, 05:12
I"d be all up for a Disgaea-like game.
At one moment, both players hunting for hitconfirms and flaws in the foe's defense, then in the next moment, when a proper offense/combo begins, the arena starts getting destroyed; and when supers are involved, the world/universe/galaxy gets destroyed as well.

dusky
11th March 2017, 11:03
Suikoden series

NaniSoreNonon
11th March 2017, 20:34
This is gonna sound really weird, but hear me out on this:

A Danganronpa fighting game.
Every character could have their own unique playstyle based on their talent. Characters like Sakura and Akane could be your average brawler, whereas characters like Souda, Naegi, and Chihiro could have more creative movesets. Chihiro could set electronic traps and such (think something like Naoto Shirogane from Persona 4 Arena) and Souda could use some kind of machine to fight (think Tron Bonne). Probably just my nerdy fantasy, but a guy can dream. :sdrop:

Ingonyama
12th March 2017, 23:39
Castlevania had Judgment, but it was awful. I'd love to see a GOOD Castlevania fighting game -- and judging by the looks of the MUGEN community, I'm not alone.

I love fantasy RPGs, and there arent enougb fantasy-themed fighters out there.

The Elder Scrolls series has a lot of really interesting characters; if they could be differentiated, made unique, I'd love to see a fighting game based on them. The evil Daedric Princes would be terrific as antagonists; Mehrunes Dagon in particular would be like a plus-sized version of Goro, he'd make a terrific final boss.

I'd also enjoy something from Dragon Age. Imagine playing as Iron Bull, Anders, or Leliana in a fighting game. There's a TON of room for variety in there. And between Corypheus, Flemeth, and Teyrn Loghain, there's plenty of options for good boss battles.

Yomigami
19th April 2017, 05:20
Suikoden series

Agreed. There are a lot of characters in each installment, but most are largely glossed over in favor of the major players in the plot. It'd be interesting to see how they would translate to a tradition 2D or 3D fighter. Suikoden V's duels seem like a good place to start.

TheWhiteDevil27
9th May 2017, 00:35
I'm actually really surprised there isn't a Tales fighting game yet
*COUGH* *COUGH* Tales of VS. for the PSP *COUGH* *COUGH*

I would actually would like to see a Mega Man VS. Gundam crossover fighting game. It would make sense because Capcom has also teamed up with Namco Bandai for a few Virtual-On-esque Gundam VS. shooter games and Mega Man and Proto Man were based on Amuro Ray and Char Aznable respectively. At least, I have my own Mega Man VS. Super Robot Wars MUGEN game I've been working on. :very_good:
Also, Namco Bandai should really make another Kamen Rider Climax Heroes game with Build, Ex-Aid, Gaim, Drive, and Ghost! I'm getting so sick of the All Kamen Rider Generation series!

Malfar
10th May 2017, 17:08
That's probably a crazy idea (because it would require a crazy amount of effort because of custoom chars and stages), but I always thought of something related to the Elder Scrolls series. Especially since after I found, downloaded (and lost) several stages that were animated screenshots from Skyrim.

Characters:
- Nerevarin (of course with Sunder and Keening)
- Vivec (magic type of character)
- Steam Centurion/Centurion Sphere
- Baurus (or any of the Blades)
- Mythic Dawn Agent
- Hircine
- Dovahkiin (with some Dragon Shouts)
- Almalexia
- Dremora
- Ordinator (Intro or taunt - We are watching you, scum!)

Minigames:
- Wave of Mythic Dawn agents, or Falmers
- Punch the Adoring Fan

Stages:
- Vivec cantons
- Dwemer ruins
- Imperial City
- Throat of the World
And more of all categories. Gosh, I would probably pay for it (not really)

TheWhiteDevil27
18th May 2017, 23:21
I'm so surprised that Namco Bandai hasn't made a fighting game based on Precure (a popular magical girl anime franchise in Japan and other East Asian countries) yet because it revolves around magical girls doing DBZ-esque hand-to-hand combat and the series has a large variety of characters. How cool would that be? If they ever made a Precure fighting game, I would import it from Japan as soon as it ever gets released. My main would be Cure Moonlight of course. XD
It sounds crazy but I would like to see a Super Smash Bros. clone with characters from the Love Live franchise as well. Imagine Nico Nico Nii-ing your opponents off the stage!

Gomamon Nanaya
4th May 2019, 12:41
Yeah, i would like to see Digimon fighting game, other than the Rumble Arena and Battle Spirit series... I heard bad things about All-Star Rumble. If the said Digimon fighting game (not talking about All Star, i am talking about 'i would like to see Digimon fighting game') plays like some of KoF games or maybe even Guilty Gear, i would sure have fun with that.
I honestly wish Digimon would get a real/serious fighting game. I mean Pokemon got Pokken, Dragon Ball Z got FighterZ... But Digimon is kind of unpopular. (i consider it unpopular, not underrated)

Btw... No Gaomon, no buy! Though i'd like to see Frontier newcomers too... (other than Flamemon/Agunimon)

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh, the gif doesn't work for me, but i guess if you click the image, it wil play a gif.

geoffpool
5th May 2019, 22:30
How about a fighting game with characters from Rockstar games? a couple from Red Dead, Bully, Max Payne, Manhunt, and of course GTA. I think that would be awesome.

Kenna the Kitsune
11th June 2019, 05:15
Pokemon

I know Pokken exists but that game was a cruel joke, and Type Wild isn't even finished. I want ArcSys to do it under very close supervision from Gamefreak.

2 other games i want true fighting games of are Castlevania (Judgement was stupid) and Mega Man (the arcade games were ok, but they feel like 16-bit boss rushes).

Hsojasfkaia762
14th June 2019, 22:17
Another Sonic Battle would be nice. Instead of it being the way it was, I'd like it to be like Street Fighter 2 with the gameplay and stuff. Too bad that'll never happen because of the recent Sonic Team at Sega not being able to understand our wishes and also getting the adventure cast back except Tails. A man can dream can't he?

Leethys
15th June 2019, 06:43
I kinda want to see another Sonic fighting game. I know there was that one that released ages ago, but it would be neat to see an actual one release in modern times.

D4WN0FF1R3
15th June 2019, 09:11
I feel like the Yakuza franchise would make for an awesome fighting game, especially given that studios history in making Virtua Fighter. If Virtua Fighter were ever to return I'd at least settle if Kiryu were a playable character in the game.

smtfan
9th August 2019, 22:30
Spike Chunsoft has expressed interest in making a Danganronpa fighting game, which I would love to happen if it weren't for Spike Chunsoft's track record of mediocre fighting games

Terajim
17th August 2019, 10:58
fate stay night fighting game

graff11
11th October 2019, 22:16
Assassin's creed imagine 2 characters running around stage in circles for 60 seconds trying to stab each other from the back

Anime Fan
14th October 2019, 16:09
Fire Emblem would be great

MLGpi3
20th October 2019, 01:55
Fire Emblem

Jansen121
20th October 2019, 02:16
Rewrite (KEY):
I Can't wait to see Kotori Kanbe fighting other rewrite chars (Since we have Eternal Fighter ZERO, The Queen of Battlers, Little Battlers! Extra & other doujin fighting games based on KEY's vn titles, i love KEY So much).
Angel Beats:
I Imagine a fighting game of these series (Who had a anime that got a sad end, & A VN Adaptation by KEY although.)

AGenericDude
27th October 2019, 04:03
I would like to see a Super Robot Wars fighting game.

Mister People
27th October 2019, 19:28
Danganronpa, for sure!:laugh:

riccochet
28th October 2019, 00:35
Assassins Creed for sure
A proper Final Fantasy fighter

Bored-erlands
22nd March 2020, 02:53
I know touhou already has a few fighting games but I really want to see one made with a modern non-chibi artstyle and gimmicks that aren't completely insane. Aside from that my dream scenario is to have arcsys or something give us a really good shonen jump crossover game. give jojo, hxh, one piece, etc the respect they deserve

Oof master
22nd March 2020, 03:46
this is in no way realated to the thread but i do have a question how would i make a character only use certain attacks when it's health drops below 50%

Zeppe
10th May 2020, 07:14
Metal Gear would be perfectfor an FG.

- 5 Snakes
- Raiden + Revengence bosses
- FOXHOUND
- Sons of Liberty
- Cobra Unit + Volkin
- Beauty and the Beast squad
- Skullface and friends
+ a special mode in which you can fight as the metal gears themselves
-

Mugacio
10th May 2020, 22:07
Animal Crossing

Plusle2019
11th May 2020, 23:41
D.gray-man

Dragon Quest

Mega Man (proper fighting game please)

Rise of the shield hero

thetoddster404
16th May 2020, 11:05
A Sega crossover fighting game. Frankly, I'm surprised they haven't tried their hand at it yet - what with all their other crossovers, like Sega Superstars for the Eyetoy, Sega Superstars Tennis, and Sega and All Stars Racing. There's a lot of intriguing Sega characters who would be pretty interesting in a fighting game - yes, I'm aware that Sega do have fighting games, but picture Ristar teaming up with Vectorman to fight against Joe Musashi teaming up with Beat on the Death Egg. Crazy cool.

Bored-erlands
18th May 2020, 13:27
I'm back to say I really believe you could make a good fighting game out of berserk

Shingo_Yabuki
25th May 2020, 15:43
jump force, but with 48 characters and made by arc system works in the vein of fighterz

- - - Updated - - -

I second a SEGA Fighting All-Stars. i would play it soooooo much.

Duck King
26th May 2020, 18:44
I really really want that sega crossover fighting game to be real. There’s so much potential for weird characters and more obscure characters that would be so cool and unique in a fighting game like Epsilon-Eagle from Alien Soldier, Dynamite Headdy, Tempo, Sir Tongara de Pepperouchau III from Clockwork Knight, and so many more

riccochet
29th May 2020, 05:51
I'm back to say I really believe you could make a good fighting game out of berserk

Definitely, but the roster would be kind of limited, unless you flesh out some of the minor characters

Shadyren
29th May 2020, 07:23
A Sega crossover fighting game. Frankly, I'm surprised they haven't tried their hand at it yet - what with all their other crossovers, like Sega Superstars for the Eyetoy, Sega Superstars Tennis, and Sega and All Stars Racing. There's a lot of intriguing Sega characters who would be pretty interesting in a fighting game - yes, I'm aware that Sega do have fighting games, but picture Ristar teaming up with Vectorman to fight against Joe Musashi teaming up with Beat on the Death Egg. Crazy cool.

Second with this. Good taste.

Bored-erlands
31st May 2020, 08:19
Definitely, but the roster would be kind of limited, unless you flesh out some of the minor characters

I can think of at least 11 characters who can have fleshed out movesets without making up too much stuff
guts
griffith
casca
judeau
schierke
serpico
isidro
mozgus
azan
daiba
grunbeld
you could maybe squeeze in more band of the hawk members and apostles, and berserker armor guts could be either a separate character or an install

ShinSionEX
5th June 2020, 23:31
Absolutely Disgaea. Would be so fantastic especially that many of the characters have amazing special moves.

Nextrus
6th June 2020, 05:12
Doki Doki Literature Club in crossover with Blazblue, KOF or Mortal Kombat

Deadpoolispawn15
6th June 2020, 05:25
image comics
witchblade
invincible
the darkness jackie estacado
shit there was aother comic character who was badass but sadly cancled and todd mcfarlane helped out with the design
found it the character was called haunt

UnknownJ25
6th June 2020, 05:36
It used to be power rangers but that quickly changed. Now it's probably a horror fighter with like Freddy, Jason ect

Deadpoolispawn15
6th June 2020, 05:37
also soul eater
spongeob squarepants
danny phantom el tigre
how about the entire hero and villain lineup of justice league unlimited
teen titans
transformers
teenage mutant ninja turtles
all the deadpool from deadpool kills deadpool
the entire mutant species in marvel comics known from many people memories
or so other additions of dc characters could be cool got green lantern blackest night for my tenth birthday and thats y favorite stirylie f the greenlantern universe
alll the other side of the lantern star sapphire larfleeze atocitus sinestro indigo 1 saint walker and of course green lantern hal jordan and nekron the coolest looking bad guy ever to me

Vlados
13th June 2020, 19:01
Perhaps Saints Row

model sonic x
28th June 2020, 03:35
I kind of want to see a mega man fighting game or a final fantasy one that plays like a normal fighting game