PDA

View Full Version : If you worked on a crossover fighting game (Besides on MUGEN), what would you do?

Plusle2019
24th July 2016, 15:40
(This is a a game built with rules. I'm not gonna fuss if you break one or more of them since that's what crossover FGs do sometimes. Heck, you can even break all of them. The rules are just there for a challenge.)

Since there's a what order would you choose topic, I decided to make one for those who want to put whatever the heck they want in their game.

You are a Capcom employee and you were asked to build an idea for a crossover fighting game with whatever you want. You are free to give them ideas any ideas you want.

Here are the rules:

- You can use whatever engine, including MUGEN. You can even make your own.

- You can only use 4 gaming companies and 1 primary gaming company. No TV show oriented companies.

- Your primary company can have however many IPs they want. However, your non-primary companies can only have 2 IPs.

- You can't have over 100 characters.

- You cannot go over 6 characters per series.

--------------

Mine:

Companies:

Nintendo (Primary), Sega, Square Enix, Namco, Capcom

Gameplay style:

Smash-esque/Easy input

Roster:

Super Mario Bros series (6):

Mario, Luigi, Rosalina, Peach, Wario, Bowser

Zelda series (6):

Princess Zelda, Link, Shiek, Ghiraham, Ganondorf, Midna

Donkey Kong series (4):

Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, K Rool

Pokemon Series (13):

Pikachu, Emolga, Pichu, Minun and/or Plusle, Mew, Meloetta, Jigglypuff, Snivy, Oshawott, Pachirisu, Litten, Lucario, Riolu (The rule breaker series!)

Sonic Series (6):

Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Cream, Blaze

Kirby series (3):
Kirby, Metaknight, Dedede

Virtua fighter series (2):

Honey (Can turn into "Honey the cat" with a white muzzle via DLC), Tokio

F-ZERO series (1):

Captain Falcon (Never played F-Zero. But I do know his moveset is original so regardless, he will always be the only representative.)

Game & Watch series (1):

Mr. Game and Watch (He represents all of the games so he will never get a 2nd representative.)

Final Fantasy series (6):

Marche, Montblanc, Ramza, Yuna, Cloud, Tidus (Tactics ftw)

Crono Trigger series (2):

Crono, Magus, Nadia (Cuz best waifu)

Fire emblem series (4):
Marth, Roy, Robin, Erika (I feel like FE should have only main characters.)

PAC-MAN series (1):

Pac-man

Klonoa series (3):

Tat, Klonoa, Guntz

Mega Man series (6):

Mega Man, Roll, Protoman, Bass, Shadow Man, Mega Man X

Street Fighter series (4):

Ryu, Dan, Ken, Chun Li

Star Fox series (4):

Fox, Krystal, Wolf, Falco

MOTHER series (3):

Ness, Ninten, Lucas (Same idea with the FE guys)

tjwestn
24th July 2016, 16:10
Does this game have to be a fighting game? and if not, could you recommend a certain engine to a certain genre Please

Plusle2019
24th July 2016, 16:47
You can make up an engine. This is entirely fictional. You don't have to go out and set up a MUGEN for this.

It's fine if you "use" Gamebryo Engine, Unity, or RPG Maker. This is just for fun.

Silverblades640
4th August 2016, 20:41
All the perver...I Mean Fan possibility's that i could create and solve...

(Note: I would answer but i can't with the 100 cap, especially knowing some would be dlc)

cuckoledboy
5th August 2016, 05:23
can i put a self insert original character, he is from sonic the hedgehog

KingDumpi
5th August 2016, 09:05
Companies:
Square enix, ATLUS, ZUN, Nintendo, Capcom (Instead of having a 5th company "Surprise companies" could appear in the game with only 1 of their franchises.)

Style:
Classic fast-paced fighting game with flashy hypers and more space to move around, based on JRPGs. All the characters would have a fire emblem art style and the shorter characters (Shiren, Reimu, etc) would be "Matured" in their art style.

Characters:
Final Fantasy: Black Mage, Warrior, Monk, Cloud, Cait Sith, Tidus (White mage assist trophy)
Kingdom Hearts: Sora, Riku, Kairi, Roxas, Axel
Chrono Trigger: Crono, Ayla, Robo, Frog, Magus

Disgaea: Laharl, Etna, Prinny Trio
Persona: Akihiko, Maya, Teddie, Koromau, Junpei
Etrian Odyssey: Lancschnekt, Ronin, Hexer
Luminous Arc: Alph, Lucia, Theo, Heath

Touhou: Reimu, Marisa, Patchuli, Cirno, Hong Meiling

Fire emblem (Rule breaker!): Maid!Felicia, Prince!Corrin, Witch!Orochi, Ninja!Kaze, Swordmaster!Ryoma, Hero!Vaike, Potion master-style Midori, Dark Mage!Tharja (Azura and Lissa/Sakura appear as assists)
Legend of Zelda: Link, Sheik, Zelda, Ghirahim

Shiren the wanderer: Shiren, Oryu, Naoki (Pekeji assist)

Phoenix Wright: Phoenix Wright, Maya, Steel Samurai (:rofl:)
Megaman: Megaman, Proto Man, Roll
Street Fighter: Ryu, Chun li, Dhalsim, Felicia, Akuma, M. Bison

Rayito
6th August 2016, 04:29
That's a really Hard Question :confused:

SoraX66
27th August 2016, 10:42
Namcos Tekken Vs nether realms Mortal Kombat, it could work as a 3d fighter considering how many 3d mk games their were on ps2

emulator
1st February 2017, 08:24
1. Survival Horror Fighting Game Cross Over.
[Characters]
<< Resident Evil >>
- Chris Redfield
- Jill Valentine
- Barry Burtton
- Rebecca Chambers
- Leon Kennedy
- Claire Redfield
<< Silent Hill >>
- Harry Mason
- Heather Mason
- James Sunderland
<< Dino Crisis >>
- Regina
- Dylan Morton
<< Fatal Frame >>
- Miku Hinasaki
- Mio Amakura
- Rei Kurosawa
<< Alone in the Dark >>
- Edward Carnby [The New Nightmare]
<< Parasite Eve >>
- Aya Brea
- Kyle Madigan
<< Clock Tower >>
- Alyssa Hale
<< Obscure >>
- Stanley Jones
- Corey Wilde

- Claudia - Silent Hill
- Albert Wesker - Resident Evil

2. Stealth Ninja Fighting Game Cross Over.
[Characters]
[B]<< Tenchu >>
- Rikimaru
- Ayame
- Tesshu
- Rin
<< Red Ninja >>
- Kurenai
<< Shinobido >>
- Goh
- Kinu
[BOSSES]
- Onikage - Tenchu
- Mochizuki Chiyome - Red Ninja

TheCollector
27th May 2017, 17:46
oh boy that massive list... personally. i think a jojo's bizarre adventure vs guilty gear would be amazing. i'm sorry i cant give more detail. but I'm not up to date on the technical stuff. and that character cap. no way in hell could i manage. :lol2:

Mitori Kappashiro
22nd July 2017, 14:53
Here's my crossover game. I tried to follow the rules, but I took some liberties due to Team Shanghai Alice only ever doing Touhou games (only 2 IPs allowed for non-primary developers, and ZUN/Team Shanghai Alice only have one IP, that being Touhou, so I doubled the Touhou reps to expand over where the second IP should've been), and my desire to have Kemono Friends characters in the roster which lead to there being 15 reps there with a single guy credited for them. I tried my best, so tell me what you think.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Companies
Nintendo, Team Shanghai Alice, Capcom, Mine Yoshizaki (May be breaking the rules having a single person be listed rather than an entire company, but Team Shanghai Alice is also just one guy, ZUN. Also, god damnit, I want some Kemono Friends characters in there), Sega

Gameplay
A combination of the stock percentages and Items from Smash Bros., and the Spellcards featured in the Touhou Fighting Games.

Graphics
It would either be in 3D, or in 2D with the sprite style from Touhou 10.5 or 14.5.

Characters
Super Mario (7) (A ruler breaker series, as I want a game where you can play as Waluigi as much as the next guy)
Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Bowser, Wario, Waluigi, Yoshi

Legend of Zelda (6)
Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Ghirahim, Toon Link, Sheik

Pokemon (8) (Another rule breaker series, I wanted 3 Pokemon Trainers at once, but I guess I could make it so you can swap between them)
Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Braixen, Incineroar, Red (Pokemon Trainer), Ethan (Pokemon Trainer 2), Brendan (Pokemon Trainer 3)

Kirby (2)
Kirby, Meta Knight

F-Zero (1)
Captain Falcon

Mega Man (6)
Mega Man, Proto Man, Roll, Elec Man, Bass, Zero

Touhou Project (12) Yet another Rule Breaker series, as Touhou is the only IP by Team Shanghai Alice)
Reimu Hakurei, Marisa Kirisame, Sakuya Izayoi, Youmu Konpaku, Fujiwara no Mokou, Toyosatomimi no Miko, Junko, Sumireko Usami, Byakuren Hijiri, Yumemi Okazaki, Utsuho Reiuji, Yukari Yakumo

Sonic the Hedgehog (6)
Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Dr. Eggman, Amy Rose, Shadow

Kemono Friends (15) (The last rule breaker series, as I wanted Kemono Friends characters in a crossover fighting game, no matter what)
Kaban, Serval, Jaguar, Crested Ibis, White Rhino, Aurochs, Northern White Faced Owl, Ezo Red Fox, Gray Wolf, Brown Bear, Lycaon, Fossa, Aardwolf, Dolphin, Thomson's Gazelle, Lion, Moose

Keroro (1)
Keroro

mulambo
22nd July 2017, 15:24
Well well well... I'd made a crossover between Electronic Arts and Rockstar Games.
Rockstar Games will make the main engine: GTA, free-roaming, driving, shooting and platform interaction/mechanics/phisics/etc.
Electronic Arts will bring sports, simulation, and other fixes on the engine making it more realistic and sport-oriented (ideally any activity can be played in the game).

Other companies would be even Neversoft, Activision, Namco, Sega, SCE, SNK, Capcom, etc. which would put more fun and fantasy into it (while keeping straight to realism).

And that's how Ultimate Nintendo will born.
The beauty of the Ultimate Nintendo Machine will be this absolutely genius idea: there will be only one console, connected to other modem-consoles (which will be sold to players). So the player won't have to buy newer consoles or upgrade the hardware, the player will only use a modem which transfers the images/receives the inputs from/to the main console. People will also call this console Nazi Nintendo. There will be the 3rd World War and then we all will switch back to GameBoy Color, because of a mega-explosion of the main console which will eventuall blow up Japan and Eastern Asia.

argyone
22nd July 2017, 22:58
i would finally bring out a fighting game with marvel vs dc vs iconic video game heroes like dante,ezio, scorpion from Mk etc in a soul calibur V -like costumizer, with loot like injustice and mod support for costumes and stages and a couch coop mode like tekken force (only better) with rpg elemets.
oh boy - this will never become reallity because no company can(or will) afford this amount of cash for all the licenses.

MugenMasters
22nd July 2017, 23:00
MAke thing from scratch and laern java or flash animation xD

argyone
22nd July 2017, 23:10
in another life, yeah maybe^^ but im selfemployed, working on a bachelor right now and i think i cant afford this time...so yeah uhm... xD

DrMario180
25th July 2017, 19:57
id just take smash (melee), and add the 6 main nekos form nekopara... thats all

KurisuShiruba
24th April 2018, 21:10
SEGA vs. Capcom.

Why? First, Both companies shaped the videogame industry as we know today. While Nintendo had set up the foundations for what are the videogame scene today, both Sega and Capcom brought a lot of innovations to several genres with their own unique ideas.
SEGA fits more for a dream match between two companies.
Plus most of their characters and franchises share interesting similarities:
- Joe Musashi from Shinobi Series and Strider Hiryu are badass futuristic Ninjas with awesome designs;
- Devil May Cry and Bayonetta are both creations of Hideki Kamiya;
- Virtua Fighter is to 3D fighting games what Street Fighter is to 2D fighting games;
Et Cetera.

Plus, the Archie Comics crossover, "Worlds Collide".

A good Marvel vs. DC game would be called "War of the Super Heroes: Justice versus Infinite".
The story could use the Flash Paradox and the Secret wars, creating a new battleworld with heroes from both companies.
Use Ray Thompson from the Justice League cartoon as a final boss - give him the power from the infinity gems.
Things like "Thanoseid" or "Ultroniac" as they could also be a creation of Ray's psychic power. Even the "Amalgamation" heroes (Iron Lantern and Dark Claw) can be used.

fredder
4th May 2018, 07:31
i would not like it to be fighting game it would be like a marvel nemesis rise of the imperfects for the psp but with expanded roster and 3D models

iitzKoolKidUwU
18th August 2019, 11:44
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure vs. Street Fighter.

21 characters on each side.

JoJo Side: Jonathan, Joseph, Jotaro, Josuke, Giorno, Zeppeli, Speedwagon, Caesar, Lisa Lisa, Stroheim, Avdol, Polnareff, Kakyoin, Okuyasu, Koichi, Bruno, Mista, DIO, Kars, Kira, Diavolo

SF Side: Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Guile, Charlie Nash, Zangief, Alex, Ibuki, Blanka, Dhalsim, E. Honda, Dan, Sakura, Fei Long, Cammy, Dee Jay, T. Hawk, Juri, Sagat, M. Bison, Gill

And 2 guest characters:
Megaman X and Ikuro Hashizawa (Baoh)

JPhantom
18th August 2019, 21:34
I think a One Piece and Samurai Showdown crossover would be pretty cool so this is what I came up with.

Characters
I would get 20 characters from each franchise and have them duke it out. The 20 from One Piece will be Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Ussop, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Shanks, Ace, Sabo, Mihawk, Ceasar, Boa Hancock, Smoker, Trafalgar Law, Akainu, Doflamingo, Katakuri and Blackbeard and the 20 from Samurai Showdown will be Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Earthguake, Genjuro, Hanzo, Jubei, Charlotte, Galford, Kyoshiro, Tam Tam, Ukyo, Rimururu, Shiki, Yoshitora, Yashamaru, Wu-Ruixiang, Shizumaru, Basara, Kanzuki Kazama and Wan-fu.

Graphics
It will look like a mix of Manga and Japanese art. The animations will reflect the two and make references to them. I would like to keep the wacky feel of manga while also keeping the calm and peaceful nature of the classical Japanese art so that they don't clash.

Gameplay
You can play in solo or in team mode with teams of up to 3. It'll be 2D with 3D fighting game elements and relies on cancelling attacks for longer combos. I would also implement a revenge mechanic which you can use by building enough meter and activating it and it will buff your strength, speed, attack range and recover some of your health and it can only be used once a match, who knows, maybe even some characters will have a transformation which will give them new attacks such as Luffy going Gear 4, Hoahmaru turning into Rasetsumaru, etc (okay, I Know that Rasetumaru isn't Hoahmaru; he's just a demon that looks like him but just roll with it okay?) and the final bosses will be from the opposite franchise from the character that you picked, for example, if you picked Sabo you would fight Rasetsumaru and if you picked Genjuro you would fight Blackbeard.

Modes
You will have the usual Arcade, Versus, Online and Training and I probably wouldn't change a thing about them but I would like to add a new game mode that I think would be fun. I'd call it Tournament Mountain and it would be an endurance run where you fight until you reach the top. After every match you can choose to increase health or meter and in team mode if a character dies only one character gets their health increased so it is possible to revive a character. You can fight up to 20 times and after that it's endless. I'll also include a gallery to get the descriptions of characters and view endings, models, concept art and it will also have a sound test.

So that's my idea. I can't be bothered to think of a story but if someone else does it for me I'll credit them and send a link to their post.

AGenericDude
25th August 2019, 17:51
Before getting into MUGEN, i tried making a crossover fighting game in GMS called Button Mash Project - The Unoriginal Crossover. It would be have 3 buttons for normal attacks, the fighters have a personal theme song, just like MvC 3 and the fights would be 3 on 3 team matches, even with the standby members cheering, just like in old KoF. I sorta stopped because i decided to make a SRPG instead.

The cast would have one character representing their games:

Capcom: Ryu, Mike Haggar, Mega Man, Arthur, Morrigan Aeslaend and Capitain Commando.

SNK: Iori Yagami, Marco Rossi, Ralf Jones, Terry Bogard, Athena (The 1st one) and Haohmaru.

Namco: Klonoa, Jin Kazama, Nightmare, Gilgamesh, Cress Albane, Valkyrie and KOS-MOS.

Sega: Sonic, Axel Stone, Gillius Thunderhead, Kazuma Kiryu, Sketch Turner, Altered Beast's Centurion and Alex Kidd

Nintendo: Mario, Link, Samus Aran, Kirby, Hector and of course, Gardevoir.

The boss would be between M. Bison, Orochi, Devil Kazuya, Metal Sonic and Bowser.

I even have some of the mugshots for the character select screen and the HUD. Not sure if i would go back to finish it, but it was fun testing the game.

Jansen121
25th August 2019, 18:17
If i worked on a crossover fighting game, I Would rather work on a fighting game named "Tactics/Key Battle Fantasia" (A Crossover fighter of characters from MOON., ONE ~Kagayaku Kisetsu e/Kanon/AIR, Which are popular visual novels, who spawned a doujin fighting game named "Eternal Fighter ZERO" & other doujin soft based on these 4 popular vns).

I Imagine the gameplay of this game be more like the qoh/variable geo series, because all characters will have 3 specials (+EX Versions) & 1 hyper move that costs 2 powerbars (Except for Mizuka Nagamori because she looks cool with 2 hypers, just like yuka takeuchi).

Companies:
Tactics & Key

Characters:

From MOON.
---------------

Ikumi Amasawa
Haruka Mima
Yui Nakura
Kanuma Yohko
Boy (or Shonen)

From ONE
------------

Kohei Orihara
Mizuka Nagamori
Misaki Kawana
Akane Satomura
Shiko Yuzuki
Mio Kohzuki
Rumi Nanase
Mayu Shiina (She would have her ferret myuu as striker)
Natsuki Shimizu (Character from the PSX Version)

From Kanon
--------------

Yuichi Aizawa (or Yuichi-kun)
Ayu Tsukimiya
Mai Kawasumi
Sayuri Kurata (or Sayurin-chan)
Jun Kitagawa
Makoto Sawatari (or Makopi)
Mishio Amano
Nayuki Minase (or Minase-chan)
Akiko Minase (or Akiko-san)
Kaori Misaka (or Kaorin)
Shiori Misaka (or Shiorin)

From AIR
------------
Yukito Kunisaki
Ryuya
Misuzu Kamio (or Misuzu-chin)
Kano Kirishima (or Kanorin) (She would have potato as a striker)
Minagi Tohno
Michiru (or Chiruchiru)
Kanna (Or Kannabi no Mikoto, Designed to be the final boss)

I Also have noted that eternal fighter zero & dogma (Plus other key/tactics-based doujin fighting games) got my mind to think on this thing.

Shingo_Yabuki
6th April 2020, 17:59
FIGHTING GAME MAYHEM!

Capcom (Primary), SNK, Bandai Namco, Arc System Works, NetherRealm Studios, Rareware, SEGA (These 2 might break the rules but i had to put them there.)

CAPCOM:

Street Fighter (6)

Ryu, Chun-Li, Ken, Akuma, M. Bison, Juri

Darkstalkers (4)

Morrigan, Felicia, Jedah, Demitri

Red Earth (2)

Tessa, Leo

Rival Schools (3)

Batsu, Kyosuke, Akira

Saturday Night Slam Masters / Final Fight (2)

The Scorpion, Mike Haggar

X-Men Children of the Atom (4)

Wolverine, Cyclops, Psylocke, Magneto

SNK:

The King of Fighters (6)

Kyo, Iori, Terry, Mai, Shingo Yabuki, Ryo Sakazaki

Samurai Shodown (5)

Haohmaru, Yashamaru, Nakoruru, Genjuro, Hanzo Hattori

BANDAI NAMCO: (Sorry for including 3 franchises, i had to put that one in.)

TEKKEN (5):

Heihachi, Jin, Kazuya, Ling Xiaoyu, Hwoarang

Dragon Ball Xenoverse (4):

Trunks, Goku, Cell, Vegeta

SOULCALIBUR (5):

Nightmare, Ivy, Mitsurugi, Taki, Sophitia

ARC SYSTEM WORKS:

Guilty Gear (5)

Sol Badguy, Ky Kiske, May, Faust, Potemkin

BlazBlue (4)

Ragna, Jin Kisaragi, Noel Vermilion, Haku-Men, Naoto Kurogane

NETHERREALM STUDIOS:

Mortal Kombat (5)

Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Liu Kang, Johnny Cage

Injustice (4)

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Darkseid

RAREWARE:

Killer Instinct (4):

Jago, Orchid, Fulgore, Riptor

SEGA:

Virtua Fighter (5):

Akira Yuki, Sarah Bryant, Pai Chan, Kage Maru, Lao

Fighting Vipers (2):

Bahn, Honey

Story:

Orochi (The King of Fighters) is brought back to life and finds out about the Multiverse. he then organizes a new tournament and teleports all of the greatest fighting game characters to kill each other, MK style. The villains however are working with Orochi so that he can rule the Multiverse.

I had another idea too

Aodaswastaken
10th May 2020, 09:15
Add an intended bugged version of the game for laugh and add a version for people to post mods

thetoddster404
16th May 2020, 11:29
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure VS Persona/Megami Tensei.
The roster would comprise of characters from throughout both series - and, although this would never happen, I'd want the P1 and P2 protagonists to be added for variety.
The gameplay would work a little like HftF, what with the ability to summon a Stand/Persona, and have it 'crash' if you take enough damage. It is also intended to appear over the top and flashy -kind of like JoJo as a whole, with a little P4A thrown in.
As DLC, it would be cool to see a couple of other Jump characters, such as Goku, Naruto, and Luffy, as well as a couple of Atlus character, such as Dr Derek Stiles from Trauma Center, Jack Frost, and the player character from Etrian Odyssey (I don't believe they have a name.)
Art Style, I'd like to be a sort of manga style - and when JoJo characters use their supers, there'd be panels on the screen, but when Persona characters use their supers, the screen would become the colour associated with their game and another colour (so, for Joker, red and black, whereas Shigenori would get blue and white, and so on.)

Mortos
17th May 2020, 05:17
DC vs SNK Rebirth.

Gameplay would be like a mix of MvC + KoF + tag mechanics of 3v3. Mostly because I've been always curious about what would a developer like SNK do with Super Heroe characters and tbh DC deserves a good fighting game since NRS just doesn't do justice to them IMO. Also after seeing SNK doing crossovers in KOF All Stars with things like Tekken, Gintama and The WWE a crossover with super heroes doesn't sound that crazy IMO.

Would have 40 characters in the base roster

DC - Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Green Arrow, Zatanna, Hawkman, Shazam, Lex Luthor, The Joker, Poison Ivy, Black Manta, Scarecrow, Robin, Supergirl, Cyborg, Atrocitus and Despero.

SNK - Kyo, Iori, Athena, Terry, Mai, Ryo, Yuri, Nakoruru, Kim, B. Jenet, K', Ralf, Haohmaru, Jeanne D'Arc, Shermie, Geese Howard, Yamazaki, Mr. Big, Mars people and Goenitz.

Final Boss - Dr. Manhattan(Because why not?)

DLC would be

DC - Deathstroke, Harley Quinn, Starfire and Darkseid

SNK - Leona, Rock Howard, Chizuru and Omega Rugal