PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare Moon Detailed Character Concept LOOKING FOR DEVELOPER!

SuperDash
18th July 2016, 01:36
You know in the anime/manga section MLP I've always been awaiting a character named Nightmare Moon a Evil past to Princess Luna another character in the same category. She's a very cool epic villain who wishes to make the night last forever and personally one of my favorite villains of all time.

Her attacks would likely be lightning based she would have a large variety of lightning blasts, projectiles and attacks. Also she could and can use said lightning to infuse into her to make her more powerful with strikes and speed but take more damage

Her dodges and evasive maneuvers would be based on her ability to turn into a dark puff of blue smoke to fly with ease.

Manner of combat: Now this, is very different as portrayed nightmare moon prefers to fight in the air and shoot laser beams from her horn to do damage. But if she misses at least 3 times you'll be able to fly yourself and the battle can continue from there in the air.

Thoughts on hyper attacks: Shooting her ultimate beam that caused a beam collision with Celestia's rainbow beam, but without the beam struggle. Another one of her attacks if she is low on health is called Desperation of the Eternal Night, where she will massive amount of lightning strikes. During this power-up period her lightning attacks are much more devastating but she cannot fly, making her weaker in that aspect.

Another side note a timer appears of how long she can sustain it, if time runs out she will release a massive explosive wave of lightning that will fill the screen with a massive explosion of epic lightning, if the player survives this attack she merely will disappear in light and you win.. or loose if you're playing as her. If you defeat her during that time she still releases the energy but a light shield protects who she is fighting and same disappearance of light on her behalf. If she defeats you with the blast she will appear fine and sit with a smug look on her face in victory.

Intro: She will appear from a red ball of fire and land, then laugh shaking the screen constantly, Alternate intro: She will look at the screen and say her famous "you're kidding. you're kidding right."

If you have any ideas on intros or moves or hypers, anything really. Just post in the comments. I don't make characters.. but i have the complete mind to do so, Just not the best at drawing.

Plusle2019
18th July 2016, 01:38
Since you seem to want her in MUGEN because of that Princess Luna, migth as well also suggest her to use Metal Blades, crash bomber, Whatever you call Sheepman's attack, Toadman thunder, roll and jump like Sonic, and Wahoo like Klonoa when she wins.

SuperDash
18th July 2016, 01:40
Not really actually i was thinking original new design but thanks for the offer i had more ideas to this character btw.

Plusle2019
18th July 2016, 01:46
You mean an original moveset? Or original new design like a custom sprite? I don't watch MLP anymore (Stopped after the 100th episode. That was the one where it was focused on BG ponies, right?) so I won't be interested in making such a character and unfortunately, no brony MUGEN creators are even interested in making original movesets (As in, not taking moves made by video game characters) for the pony characters so I dunno what to say. I think this will be a great time to start creating characters. If you need any tips, you can ask me. I don't mind giving tips as a creator myself.

SuperDash
18th July 2016, 01:50
Actually the real reason is that i have so many ideas for epic characters. i just don't have the skill to make them BUT i've always wanted a Nightmare Moon character and i can't wait for someone to make one.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! Also i totally agree

Plusle2019
18th July 2016, 01:54
Well, like I said. Start practicing MUGEN character development until you feel like you have the skills to make NM Moon. I think it's best to start your first character (It can be Nightmare moon or not) by spriteswapping and changing a few things while doing so. That's how I started way back in 2007/2008. You can also study MUGEN character coding and copy coding into yours and see how they work on your character. Yes this is looked down upon, but it's great practice.

I don't mind generally if someone came up to me or the MUGEN forums and requested a MUGEN character, many others also look down upon this. But I don't really mind. I just won't make one if I have no interest in them. But I recommend to not ask others to make a character for you. That might also cut your reputation down for the worse.

SuperDash
18th July 2016, 01:54
You mean an original moveset? Or original new design like a custom sprite? I don't watch MLP anymore (Stopped after the 100th episode. That was the one where it was focused on BG ponies, right?) so I won't be interested in making such a character and unfortunately, no brony MUGEN creators are even interested in making original movesets (As in, not taking moves made by video game characters) for the pony characters so I dunno what to say. I think this will be a great time to start creating characters. If you need any tips, you can ask me. I don't mind giving tips as a creator myself.

Thanks i totally agree!

DX don't know what happened there though. i wanted to put it in a separate reply

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe. I'll think about it, thanks again and DX sorry it lagged a lot i said that before you said about the "original moveset" thing

- - - Updated - - -

Well, like I said. Start practicing MUGEN character development until you feel like you have the skills to make NM Moon. I think it's best to start your first character (It can be Nightmare moon or not) by spriteswapping and changing a few things while doing so. That's how I started way back in 2007/2008. You can also study MUGEN character coding and copy coding into yours and see how they work on your character. Yes this is looked down upon, but it's great practice.

I don't mind generally if someone came up to me or the MUGEN forums and requested a MUGEN character, many others also look down upon this. But I don't really mind. I just won't make one if I have no interest in them. But I recommend to not ask others to make a character for you. That might also cut your reputation down for the worse.

you're right. I won't then

- - - Updated - - -

Thing is, i can't delete this uh... welp! now i'm embarassed! DX all this thought and work for nothing but failure and embarrassment.

Plusle2019
18th July 2016, 02:14
Hey, don't feel down. most MUGEN users don't like it when people request characters to be made. But you're not gonna actually lose reputation if you do it once, especially not in MUGEN Archive but when you start spamming characters to be made then there would be a problem. Just something in my experience. At least it isn't FreeForAll where everyone is a negative nancy. I'm not sure if it's shunned here but it definately is in the much, much bigger MUGEN communites

SuperDash
18th July 2016, 02:18
Hey, don't feel down. most MUGEN users don't like it when people request characters to be made. But you're not gonna actually lose reputation if you do it once, especially not in MUGEN Archive but when you start spamming characters to be made then there would be a problem. Just something in my experience. At least it isn't FreeForAll where everyone is a negative nancy. I'm not sure if it's shunned here but it definitely is in the much, much bigger MUGEN communites

Alright, good to know and.. thanks. i'll keep it here i guess ^^;

Plusle2019
18th July 2016, 02:22
It's up to Justice, Left4Joker, and Axkeeper if they want to keep it or not.

SuperDash
18th July 2016, 02:34
R-right. i'm okay with either way it goes really. I'm fine with it being taken down but it would be great if it stays but... in a way:facepalm2: still doesn't feel quite right.

Left4Joker
18th July 2016, 03:12
Yeah... personally I have no problem with this, but it's da rules man. Sorry, I have to close this thread.

Requests must have at least name of the char and author name. Image is optional.