PDA

View Full Version : Disabling author hyperlinks

Juu-bei7
18th January 2019, 22:12
It's been a while, but I'd like to make yet another suggestion.

Something that I feel needs to be fixed is the author hyperlink on the file information/download pages. Fact is that often it links to some random Lurker's profile which makes it almost useless. Furthermore, it seems that the capitalization of those usernames override those that you put in, so you have almost no control over it. As someone who is obsessive-compulsive about getting the correct info this is really a thorn in the side for me.

Also, there needs to be a way to disable the auto complete function in the author box on the search page. I have failed SO many searches from hitting the enter key as a habit of mine and getting the wrong name instead.

Dizzy
14th November 2019, 22:54
It's been a while, but I'd like to make yet another suggestion.

Something that I feel needs to be fixed is the author hyperlink on the file information/download pages. Fact is that often it links to some random Lurker's profile which makes it almost useless. Furthermore, it seems that the capitalization of those usernames override those that you put in, so you have almost no control over it. As someone who is obsessive-compulsive about getting the correct info this is really a thorn in the side for me.

Also, there needs to be a way to disable the auto complete function in the author box on the search page. I have failed SO many searches from hitting the enter key as a habit of mine and getting the wrong name instead.

I know the system is not perfect but some like it the way it is, maybe you could do a poll so we can tell which option would be the most popular.