PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the forum needs to change?

Left4Joker
Jun 19, 2016, 21:31
So.. it's been some time since I talk with Dizzy about changing things in the Forum.

I think you people are the users, so we have no right to say how it's better and how it's not. But, YOU DO!

My idea here is asking you guys, the community, what do you think needs to change.

More sections? Wich ones?
It's good as it is? It's not?
If you could change, add, remove something... what would you do?

This is, of course, not a promise that we'll apply everything listed here, but we'll consider each one of your opinions, ok?

Creperator
Jun 20, 2016, 16:22
As i talked to you, an reimplementation of the requests.

But... An "Request V2", Since they will have some major reforms:

1) You must be at least "Decent Fighter", to force newbies to participate more in the forum.

2) The read of the rules (the old ones plus the ones here) of the section will be mandatory to post in the section (idk how to program this, but still).

3) Any infraction of the rules will be an 3 days ban of posting in the section, then 7 days, then perma-ban.

4) When the forum will get 500 posts (or more, depending to the reactivity of the staff), an special staff called "Cleaners" will... "clean" the section: The undesirable posts (see 3) ), then the "solved" posts who will be moved to an sub-forum called "solved requests". So that the section will never be overcrowded.

5) Any ideas to upgrade these rules ? PM me !

Creperator
Jun 20, 2016, 17:43
Ps: Sorry for double-posting, but this can't wait !

The (new ?) ideas : - Possibility to add "spoilers" and youtube videos.
- The possibility to add an image at the place of an fix colour.

Left4Joker
Jun 20, 2016, 18:12
But you can do both .-.

Spoilers are in the "Go Advanced" button (but you can type [XspoilerX] text [X/spoilerX] without the X's if you want)

I'm a spoiler
See?

Youtube videos are already featured. Take a look at the icons when you are going to post, one of the last ones, to the right, is to post a video.
(also works with [XvideoX] youtube link [X/videoX] without the X's again)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

See?

Creperator
Jun 20, 2016, 18:21
Sure... But I wanted to mean "in your description" (yelp, the thing that I am using) !

And for the image at the place of color, that's for the profile !

Lichtbringer
Jun 20, 2016, 18:48
Maybe instead of having a permanent closed Requests forum, we could reopen it with new/improved rules like Creperator suggested or replace it with something different, because it looks just bad to have a closed Forum just in between the others.^^

Left4Joker
Jun 20, 2016, 18:49
Sure... But I wanted to mean "in your description" (yelp, the thing that I am using) !

And for the image at the place of color, that's for the profile !

Videos on the signature you say?

Only if you want every user PC to slowdown XD

Imagine an old PC trying to load 10 videos at the same time on a thread.

Creperator
Jun 20, 2016, 18:54
Only if you want every user PC to slowdown XD

That's why i asked for spoilers in the signature. Like this, the video will load only if we open the spoiler. :amuse:

Left4Joker
Jun 20, 2016, 19:12
I'm not sure, but I think it will load either way.
The spoiler just hides it, but it's still there.

hegalica
Jun 20, 2016, 23:33
To be honest, I thought the forums are hard to navigate.
I am looking everywhere to see certain posts,
at some point I just started to use the subscriptions page to see if there are any new replies.

There is a 'General discussion' and a 'Misc' under mugen for example, it's pretty confusing :sdrop:
Then there is a 'Website Help and Feedback' where announcements, information and questions by users are posted.
I think it might help to at least separate announcements from questions.

kmister
Jun 21, 2016, 00:45
I think it might help to at least separate announcements from questions.

yea I like that and there should be a section where you can check users who you really like to follow so that you can get the latest news on there update or post cause I don't want to just have to go to What's new and way thorough all the discussion list or comments.

hegalica
Jun 21, 2016, 14:32
Well, you can use your subscriptions (http://mugenarchive.com/forums/subscription.php?folderid=0) to follow posts at least.
That's what I do.

Left4Joker
Jun 21, 2016, 17:43
Posting this here cuz it's really relevant and must be considered.

http://i.imgur.com/2Q12oWM.jpg

I do agree.

Creperator
Jun 21, 2016, 18:18
Oh, hai ! I'm there ! Here ! In the post of an mod ! YAY !

Creperator
Jun 21, 2016, 20:42
PS: Man, I'm the only one there who have ideas ?

Idea: Seeing that few members even pass the rank of lurker, I propose an reform of advantages for the ranks !

- Lurker: Only one dw at an time, need to wait 5 minutes btw each dw
- New challenger: Two dw at an time, need to wait 2 minutes btw each dw
- Decent fighter and more: Three dw a a time, need to wait 1 min btw each dw
- VIPs: No dw limit (The prise for contributing to the site)

If it need to be upgraded, please tell me!

Left4Joker
Jun 21, 2016, 21:41
Well that would not concern the Forum, that is at discuss here.
Main talk should be about the design overall.

What I can say is that I already thought about something similiar, and t I think Dizzy said something about our system not supporting that.

EDIT:

Adding this cuz it's relevant
http://i.imgur.com/mjSegSq.jpg

Lichtbringer
Jul 05, 2016, 13:51
I would suggest to turn some of the Sub-Forums into main Forums, this site is rather small and has not many categories anyway, so it would not make the site look overfilled if you guys add some more main Forums, and posts that normaly get overlooked in the subforums would get a better chance to be noticed by other users.

Left4Joker
Jul 10, 2016, 13:58
I would suggest to turn some of the Sub-Forums into main Forums, this site is rather small and has not many categories anyway, so it would not make the site look overfilled if you guys add some more main Forums, and posts that normaly get overlooked in the subforums would get a better chance to be noticed by other users.

That's exactly what I was saying to Diz. Thanx for the comment.

---

C'mon everybody! Don't be shy. What do you want to see in our forum??

ShinZero
Jul 10, 2016, 21:08
Yes, changing here would be a great idea. New functions, new sections and finally fix the download for free user (or patch the website).

axkeeper
Jul 11, 2016, 06:07
Visually speaking I don't think the forum needs to change, I like the current look of this place. Though, if there is a visual upgrade in the future I recommend just an aesthetic upgrade like maybe adding in a few more shades of blue in the blue areas, a somewhat visible texture/pattern in the bg for enhanced visual effect, and maybe more rounded buttons with a semi 3D look. The banner could have an hd upgrade as well using slight variations. Though in my opinion the banner is great as is and it should stay as is but if the desire to change comes up in the future I just recommend like a remix.

Left4Joker
Jul 11, 2016, 13:18
Yes, changing here would be a great idea. New functions, new sections and finally fix the download for free user (or patch the website).

Sorry, we are talking only about the forum. The downloads are not debatable here. That's something that only the owner of the site can speak for, and he rarely appears at the forum (no, it's not Dizzy)

Visually speaking I don't think the forum needs to change, I like the current look of this place. Though, if there is a visual upgrade in the future I recommend just an aesthetic upgrade like maybe adding in a few more shades of blue in the blue areas, a somewhat visible texture/pattern in the bg for enhanced visual effect, and maybe more rounded buttons with a semi 3D look. The banner could have an hd upgrade as well using slight variations. Though in my opinion the banner is great as is and it should stay as is but if the desire to change comes up in the future I just recommend like a remix.

Noted.

ShinZero
Jul 16, 2016, 02:55
Sorry about that. But removing the part of the downloads, the rest is what could change in my opinion.

Iceberg821
Jul 17, 2016, 01:02
Perhaps some multilingual variant(s) of important sections (Forum rules, Guide, etc.) can be good for the site. I'm think of how adobe provides a link to what language the site would be viewed in; Perhaps it's a distant task, but a might be helpful.

Lichzim
Jul 17, 2016, 15:32
I already made a thread earlier today about this but. Download history. lets say you accidentally deleted all your mugen files. And can't remember what fighters you downloaded. While with a download history. BOOM! There would be no hassle and no stress. You'd be able to re-download said fighters and be able to continue building your mugen roster or whatever else you wanna do with your mugen.

SirValkers
Aug 06, 2016, 16:03
Looks good as it is.

Carlos3686
Aug 06, 2016, 20:35
Forum appears fine to me. Coming back I was a bit confused and disoriented about the forced forum post/ upload something in order to download. I understand a community trying to stay relevant and alive but I am almost certain that (in my opinion) it's doing more harm than good.

konatakisaragi
Aug 07, 2016, 20:44
I think there should be an 18+ forum for discussing all ****** mugen characters, stages, music, and screen packs.

Dizzy
Aug 07, 2016, 21:13
I think there should be an 18+ forum for discussing all ****** mugen characters, stages, music, and screen packs.

No promise but I'll look into it. The site has birth date registration support so it may not be impossible.

//edit
It turns out it's not possible, sorry. The forum only supports COPPA (13+) restrictions.
Alternatively I could create a public 18+ group, but we would need a group leader to review the join requests.

konatakisaragi
Aug 08, 2016, 00:21
Thats completely understandable. Last thing we need is to be in a bad legal situation. Hopeful somebody can be appointed to lead said group. Anyway I hope you're having a great day so far.

meepmeep15
Aug 14, 2016, 05:11
If you're trying to increase user participation, maybe some incentives for people who regularly frequent the forums like exclusive downloads maybe? (it worked for me haha)

Derererre
Aug 15, 2016, 17:06
How about putting a background to replace the grey one the site has? Something related to MUGEN would be awesome for me.

Left4Joker
Aug 22, 2016, 16:26
How about putting a background to replace the grey one the site has? Something related to MUGEN would be awesome for me.

What could be good is a config on how the forums shows for you.
Yo Dizzy that's actually a good idea, something on the user side, so everyone can customize how they see the forum.

Dizzy
Aug 22, 2016, 17:11
AFAIK the site only supports custom customizations for profile pages.
However if anybody wants to submit additional skins I'll look into it, I think I have the permission to install new skins.

*edit : the skin must be available on a reputable site though

TheRealDio
Aug 22, 2016, 17:35
make it so we have the option to see only uploads in recent activity. I hate missing out on rare characters because i was on holidays.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Aug 22, 2016, 18:58
just when i looking for help dont need wait 1 week for reply

aeong
Sep 03, 2016, 18:57
I'd say we could use some more non-mugen discussion forums, that way people who are mainly here to upload and download will have more incentive to participate since they dont have much interest in actually creating. Though theres probably quite a few creators here right? We could have a general art forum for peoples creations. Also maybe a separate forum for anime and manga. Those 2 are possible examples.

If it doesn't work, the forums could just be deleted.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and is it possible that the featured content could be updated more?

Kireishito
Sep 27, 2016, 17:15
The forum topic preview could show the number of Likes and dislikes for one topic, instead of only inside it. Some kind of rating system (so you could choose to read not only by subject [obviously] and number of replies/views but by rating as well [that would let you have an idea beforehand as if that topic was more relevant one or not so much) - I guess that's more useful for WIP area than other subjects, as a more replied WIP topic wouldn't reflect a better char design, whereas more likes would mean more people endorse the project's ideas.
Dunno if I was clear enough or made it get more confusing.

thetanker2012
Oct 01, 2016, 16:46
well. for me now the forums are great. i noticed the forum dont have signature option. maybe the forum needs that.

ZakhepTheBrony
Oct 08, 2016, 04:09
we need the "Upload" needs to change, more specific,plz :dirol:

prima99
Mar 10, 2017, 16:39
just joined today. if anything that needs to be changed is the email verification. i mean, it tooks a lot of time to be delivered :D

Jessica Smoke
Mar 14, 2017, 02:07
less restrictions...

TussalDragon344
May 22, 2017, 05:40
Yes, for the better... Please try and find my HUGE essay post about what happened yesterday...

Hellsingnamee
May 22, 2017, 18:45
I do not think I need changes, it's very good.

Mortos
May 22, 2017, 18:53
Is good as it is, i just feel we need some warning for the community event for those users that dont speak english.

jlr24lp
May 22, 2017, 19:02
i like the forums the way they are now it works for this site

Fresh Reptile
May 22, 2017, 21:14
I for one, think the forum needs to help me downlaod characters, I downlaoded this game hoping for a somewhat simple experience, but now i'm loosing it over not being able to download Ronald McDonald, all files I get are just pure DEF files, No folder, no sound files, just a DEF and when I open it in notepad it has nothing but gibberish within it, so I put it in the char folder and I put the file name in the data, select DEF file in notepad and surprise surprise NOTHING HAPPENS. seriously, Ronald is an RAR file for me is that weird. I just wish that if you have neough experience as a moderator that you would be willing to hep me solve this as to help me enjoy my experience with this otherwise amazing game, I mean...
If you want to that its...

PLZ HELP MEH
1 HILP equlz 1 heppy

- - - Updated - - -

man can you help me with somethin? I mean I think that if you are an uploader you could help me with a little issue I have? Iz cool if you dont its just I cant find anything on the internet that is helping me

negroland
Jun 05, 2017, 07:59
may be just simply add some colour of choices (for the forum page) when everytime you log in..... How's that sound?:drinks:

Blaykay
Jun 05, 2017, 08:32
may be just simply add some colour of choices (for the forum page) when everytime you log in..... How's that sound?:drinks:

Definetly! For Incase you Have a Hard time Finding Something, Colour or Possibly a Key will be there to Help!

- - - Updated - - -

less restrictions...

I Know, Makes Less sense when They Can't specify the Reason Why. Downloading is The Reason we all Got here.

Not_Applicable
Jun 24, 2017, 23:42
The greatest thing you could ever really do is abolish community event weekends. Do that, and you'll have new applicants to the site up the wazoo.

hegalica
Jun 25, 2017, 10:02
More members, but not active members.
People will just see this place as a download center, not as a community that way.

mulambo
Jun 27, 2017, 21:20
^
|
|
|
yup. I think that's because of the post count thing. They come here, post a useless topic, sometimes they reply "HI" to topics just to increase the post count, then they go away when they're done.

When they had enough playing, they start thinking "Hey let's make a char" and then they don't actually google search for tutorials or even read the MUGEN docs. They start a new topic about it, dreaming someone will teach them the basics by telepathy, lol.

Sorry for being too critical, but I think *a little more order* is needed. Just a little bit.

Migmis2128
Jun 28, 2017, 20:26
what needs to change is for new users to be able to reply on everything instead of restricting them based on how active
they are.for example a friend uploaded a char and i commented then they asked lets hang out then.....i tried replying to
them on this sight but i wasn't able to based on my level. WTF!!! really! Dissy says everyone should be active
but how do you expect every one to be active when there communication preveilage is cut in half!

thats why i hardly come here,i cant reply or have and have free open conversations on releases and with my freinds

iara0
Jun 30, 2017, 05:04
Unpopular opinion coming through:

Remove the whole "forum" vibe...

The problem with forums is the giant amount of categories it has. I would prefer less categories, so that people can read everything in a couple of spots only.
My dream forum would be:
-Releases and News
-General MUGEN disccusions (subcategories: We need you, reviews and ratings, international)
-MUGEN Development and configuration help
-Misc Non-MUGEN discussions (no subcategories)

Other things could have threads stickied in their rightful places, and that's it. With the people focusing on only 3 boards, we are surely gonna get some traffic everywhere!

MechNightmare
Jul 22, 2017, 06:55
I think most things are doing very good right now. I see nothing that needs changed.

Cultivar
Sep 23, 2017, 11:35
This forum is great.

Julius_Catenam
Sep 24, 2017, 08:10
I think adding more detailed tagging system would be nice. So it is easier to find certain kind of content faster.

masteromega
Oct 22, 2017, 05:55
I dunno I mean I'm used to this forum being like this, sure it may look abit outdated but if it ain't broke don't fix it i guess

AnonR34
Oct 23, 2017, 08:03
I guess this is more of a nitpick on the site overall rather than just the forums, but I feel there's way too much clutter at the top. Any way to possibly remove some of it?

Kotala
Dec 23, 2017, 13:59
I don't find it very fair to force people to participate in the community just to get privileges that everyone should already have. I understand that a lot of people want a bigger community. But not everyone wants to be a part of something. This is honestly the best palce for pretty much anything mugen related. If I wasn't as open-minded as I am, I wouldn't come here again, and just look somewhere else.

Don't force people into doing things, just coerce them into joining. It's fair, and would probably work a lot better

hegalica
Dec 24, 2017, 01:13
I think you got it wrong, you come to someones place and are now demanding privileges.

When you invite someone to your house for the first time, would you let them walk all over the place?
Most probably not, that person should either have earned your trust and respect or has some kind of rights to do so in the first place.

The best thing you can do is follow a few simple rules or have less privileges, it's that simple.

If you think otherwise, you can tell

I guess this is more of a nitpick on the site overall rather than just the forums, but I feel there's way too much clutter at the top. Any way to possibly remove some of it?

I agree with the layout being too crowded

Dizzy
Dec 24, 2017, 01:59
I'll see if I can do something about all the navbar clutter. I agree it looks pretty outdated.

I don't find it very fair to force people to participate in the community just to get privileges that everyone should already have. I understand that a lot of people want a bigger community. But not everyone wants to be a part of something. This is honestly the best palce for pretty much anything mugen related. If I wasn't as open-minded as I am, I wouldn't come here again, and just look somewhere else.

Don't force people into doing things, just coerce them into joining. It's fair, and would probably work a lot better

I wish we could lift all the restrictions on the downloads, I really do, sadly our servers are not powerful enough currently, and we don't have enough money to purchase more servers or upgrade the current ones further (if that's even possible). Sadly MUGEN is not mainstream enough for the ads to generate a lot of income, so we do what we can. Besides stimulating the activity a bit is beneficial to everyone in the long run. Having a lively site is the reason why people keep coming, why more content is preserved and available for download, why creators get more feedback to keep their motivation going, etc... As I said MUGEN isn't really mainstream so it's very hard to maintain a virtuous cycle of activity.

But our goal has always been to make MUGEN more mainstream, so if we somewhat succeed, we will be able to upgrade the servers much further and lift all the restrictions.

Kotala
Dec 26, 2017, 20:36
I'll see if I can do something about all the navbar clutter. I agree it looks pretty outdated.

I wish we could lift all the restrictions on the downloads, I really do, sadly our servers are not powerful enough currently, and we don't have enough money to purchase more servers or upgrade the current ones further (if that's even possible). Sadly MUGEN is not mainstream enough for the ads to generate a lot of income, so we do what we can. Besides stimulating the activity a bit is beneficial to everyone in the long run. Having a lively site is the reason why people keep coming, why more content is preserved and available for download, why creators get more feedback to keep their motivation going, etc... As I said MUGEN isn't really mainstream so it's very hard to maintain a virtuous cycle of activity.

But our goal has always been to make MUGEN more mainstream, so if we somewhat succeed, we will be able to upgrade the servers much further and lift all the restrictions.

Thank you for the explanation. I've been around and never reaally got why they were there in the first place. I appreciate it.

Oh and one more thing. I feel like the downloads section isn't very nice. First time going there I was very confused and didn't really understand where to go to find certain things I was looking for. It could be more organized. Otherwise the site is pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you got it wrong, you come to someones place and are now demanding privileges.

When you invite someone to your house for the first time, would you let them walk all over the place?
Most probably not, that person should either have earned your trust and respect or has some kind of rights to do so in the first place.

The best thing you can do is follow a few simple rules or have less privileges, it's that simple.

If you think otherwise, you can tell

I agree with the layout being too crowded

I'm saying this because it could deterr people from using the site entirely. Which it already has. The site is blacklisted on other mugen sites because of the way certain things work. And yes you do limit what a certain person can do, but I feel there's just too many restrictions. I was hardly demanding, I was making an honest suggestion to help the site. No need to be passive-aggressive.

hegalica
Dec 27, 2017, 01:03
Sorry if I sounded passive-agressive to you, that was not my intention.
I was simply stating why such restrictions should exist, because you sounded like you were complaining for them to exist.
Likewise I am open for any suggestions and debate, that is why I said you should say something if you disagree.

Again I like to apologize for the misunderstanding.

Dizzy
Dec 27, 2017, 04:22
Thank you for the explanation. I've been around and never reaally got why they were there in the first place. I appreciate it.

Oh and one more thing. I feel like the downloads section isn't very nice. First time going there I was very confused and didn't really understand where to go to find certain things I was looking for. It could be more organized. Otherwise the site is pretty good.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm saying this because it could deterr people from using the site entirely. Which it already has. The site is blacklisted on other mugen sites because of the way certain things work. And yes you do limit what a certain person can do, but I feel there's just too many restrictions. I was hardly demanding, I was making an honest suggestion to help the site. No need to be passive-aggressive.

Please refrain from posting here if you don't have anything constructive to say.

First you need to elaborate on what exactly is wrong, "too many restrictions" and "I can't find certain things" is hardly accurate enough. I don't have a crystal ball to figure out what you're talking about. Secondly, make some specific and constructive suggestions, don't post just to vent your frustration. Third, you're dangerously shifting toward off topic politician speech, be wary, I have little patience towards little politicians.

Someone92
Nov 15, 2018, 21:50
The enforcement of more detailed file descriptions, especially for characters.
Like, where have you found the character, and if you have edited it, what have you changed, general description / playstyle of the character, which characters work well with it and etc.

Another, more ambitious idea to clean up the uploads is an optional field "I've edited the following character from mugenarchive" when you upload a character; then the forum software could automatically create a tree structure of characters.

Dizzy
Nov 15, 2018, 22:06
The enforcement of more detailed file descriptions, especially for characters.
Like, where have you found the character, and if you have edited it, what have you changed, general description / playstyle of the character, which characters work well with it and etc.

Another, more ambitious idea to clean up the uploads is an optional field "I've edited the following character from mugenarchive" when you upload a character; then the forum software could automatically create a tree structure of characters.

We already struggle to enforce rules as simple as not posting duplicates or repacks, posting in the correct category, etc... What exactly would you do to enforce more restrictive rules?

DarkKnightDetective
Nov 15, 2018, 22:19
I saw an argument going the wrong way on a file earlier today and thought that maybe having a Report button for comments would be interesting. We already have it for posts and uploads, but not for comments on files. Just in case things get off hand.

Someone92
Nov 15, 2018, 22:38
We already struggle to enforce rules as simple as not posting duplicates or repacks, posting in the correct category, etc... What exactly would you do to enforce more restrictive rules?
Personally, I would just delete uploads that do not meet the requirements.

As I assume you fear that would deter too many people from expanding the archive I suggest the following:

- At the Upload page, add the column "Source" (e.g. below Author); add the name of the website you downloaded it from or a direct link to it; if it's an edit for an already character that was already uploaded to the archive, add link to said archive upload
- A second column for something I have forgotten right now (will add later if I remember it)
- Description has to be green-lighted by mods; mods can select between a few pre-defined reasons why they do not green-light a description; said reason is then displayed publicly underneath the description in the download section
- Users can only gain points for rang upgrades if all points above are meet

- Other users can suggest a description for already uploaded characters; said descriptions will be shown below the description by the original uploader; either mods or voting by other users (depending on how confident you guys are to prevent the creation of sock puppet accounts) decide which will be shown at the top, and which can only be seen if you expand said category.

You can gain points for said description for you rank upgrade; another title specifically for this might also be a good idea.

AugresiV
Nov 15, 2018, 23:15
Personally, I would just delete uploads that do not meet the requirements.

As I assume you fear that would deter too many people from expanding the archive I suggest the following:

- At the Upload page, add the column "Source" (e.g. below Author); add the name of the website you downloaded it from or a direct link to it; if it's an edit for an already character that was already uploaded to the archive, add link to said archive upload
- A second column for something I have forgotten right now (will add later if I remember it)
- Description has to be green-lighted by mods; mods can select between a few pre-defined reasons why they do not green-light a description; said reason is then displayed publicly underneath the description in the download section
- Users can only gain points for rang upgrades if all points above are meet

- Other users can suggest a description for already uploaded characters; said descriptions will be shown below the description by the original uploader; either mods or voting by other users (depending on how confident you guys are to prevent the creation of sock puppet accounts) decide which will be shown at the top, and which can only be seen if you expand said category.

You can gain points for said description for you rank upgrade; another title specifically for this might also be a good idea.

This post, as well as the entire subject, speaks to me. When I upload a file, especially a character, I try to be as detailed and specific as possible: changelogs; update logs; editor's notes (if applicable); personal notes; current version references so it's easier for mods and admins to merge files or for others to look at older versions of uploads and compare. More often than not: within those logs are also websites of the authors, patch or otherwise. Videos, especially if it's a patch (voice, AI) and recently putting one or 2 more images. I try to be as thorough as possible, but for me that's just personal preference. There are some things I miss adding that others will add, such as if a character has their own lifebar and the source website (if the site is still up). Hell, I still misplace files and kater15, Juu-bei7 or Jansen121 gotta remerge, update or replace them into their proper categories; they, along with the rest of the staff, also have to keep working to keep worse offenders and rule-breakers from running amuck and bringing the site down. This isn't a small site and with larger numbers come more headaches and drama.

I can't speak on how upload rules should be enforced or reinforced, and I don't feel like I really have the right to tell anyone -how- an upload should be. All I can do is my part, and honestly, I do what I do because I enjoy it and I like contributing to the site.

hegalica
Nov 17, 2018, 14:06
Now you mention it, a way to see a tree of child-parent posts for edited works sounds kind of cool.
Then again, that sounds like a lot of work.
All uploads need to be reorganized for that purpose and future posts will need to maintain it.
But most uploads don't even have a proper description....

Someone92
Nov 26, 2018, 20:47
Yeah, demanding a higher standard for uploads is a harsh step, but if nothing is done more and more people will clutter the site up with their uploads and this turn will eventually turn into a dumpster instead of an archive.