PDA

View Full Version : Username change option added

Dizzy
Nov 25, 2018, 19:43
Good news for some people, the option to change one's username has been implemented, you can now see it in your settings/personal details.

I personally don't like this feature but this is something all modern sites have so why not.

There will be some conditions though to prevent total chaos :
Lurkers and bad groups are not allowed to change their username.
New challengers can change their username up to 2 times.
VIP members can change their username up to 5 times.
There is a cool down delay of one year between two name changes, so please think carefully before you change it.
Username changes are semi-public and all members with the rank of 'New Challenger' or higher can see your name history.

kater15
Nov 25, 2018, 19:49
Very good for those who want to change their usernames, I personally don't need this because I adopted that username more than ten years ago and I will not get tired so soon.

Juu-bei7
Nov 25, 2018, 20:14
Glad to see more features that are up to date with other communities. Personally I thought it would be a good idea to limit the name changing feature to VIP's only, as it gives an incentive to contribute to the site through donations/uploads. But let's see how this will turn out.

Bradsalo
Feb 08, 2019, 21:57
I see it now Diz..:very_good::drunkfriends:

StefanosChios
Mar 25, 2019, 20:13
Oh. I believe that the reason behind why one cannot change his username should be displayed at our profile pages.

Zilla
May 25, 2020, 13:51
I tried to change my username, and all i get is “You don't have permission to change your username.”