PDA

View Full Version : Incoming server upgrade

That Man
Sep 19, 2018, 01:24
Dear fellow MUGEN Archivists,

Though powerful, our dedicated servers have finally reached their physical limit due to the ever increasing traffic, so the time for an upgrade has come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VUKUTDLv8M

Server upgrade
The MUGEN ARCHIVE is going to move to new servers shortly. The new servers were delivered a few moments ago. It should take a few hours to set them up from scratch and a few more hours to synch all servers due to the gargantuan amount of data to process.
I will then test the new servers and if all seems fine, I will update the DNS.
A downtime is to be expected, as DNS propagation may take a few hours.

Features updates
For a while my efforts were mostly focused on code optimizations and vulnerability patches, to improve the performance and security. But I've started working on adding new features again, so you'll notice improvements being implemented around the site steadily.

If you wish to support this huge and magnificent preservation project, now may be the time to donate (https://mugenarchive.com/forums/payments.php) if you can. Patron subscriptions are the best way to support the project in the long run.

Men must become more then men, and gears must become more then gears.

Peace.

Mr.Giang
Sep 19, 2018, 01:33
It is time. Goodbye guys, cya later in few next hours.

Koshty
Sep 19, 2018, 01:40
Hopefully the new features are good

Kris Kagura
Sep 19, 2018, 02:02
This is... dare I say, PREDICTABO

Naruto10Tails
Sep 19, 2018, 16:05
hmmm ... huh!

KeizerOrgana
Sep 19, 2018, 19:21
Judging as to how I'm still here, I take it it went well?

aka2810
Sep 19, 2018, 20:53
Judging as to how I'm still here, I take it it went well?

I don't think they've started yet. You guys will know when you see the site down later on.

KeizerOrgana
Sep 19, 2018, 20:56
I don't think they've started yet. You guys will know when you see the site down later on.

I gotcha.

Abline7
Sep 19, 2018, 21:18
Whatever happens will be necessary. Stay cool mugen archive.:cool:

wtrfh
Sep 20, 2018, 00:45
See you on the other side.

oceanboy06
Sep 22, 2018, 15:03
new servers? fine, i will take it

WobbuffetBoy
Sep 29, 2018, 00:17
Cool! I can't wait for it!

michelesp
Sep 30, 2018, 20:43
I...Goodbye.

It was short...But...

Gamema5ter2001
Oct 06, 2018, 19:13
welp at least nobody died during the process well anyone someone on here knows maybe, probably, very likely man IDK

-Akito-
Oct 09, 2018, 00:45
Ayy it's still here

ironman
Oct 10, 2018, 04:49
what is the name of your server host???

I own a website as well.

TheGamingPaladin
Oct 18, 2018, 01:21
i will definitely be donating to MA when i can, as this site needs to be preserved, not just cause of the downloads but because this is a hub for the MUGEN community as a whole, to let this site die would be what really kills MUGEN for good, and i for one do not want to see that happen.

that being said idk when i will be able to donate, but the amount will be generous and hopefully keep the site going for some time to come.

Sol Badguy
Oct 18, 2018, 22:29
interesting video....
part 1 : archive shot mfg, ex mugen mafia boss who tried to get him
part 2 : now archive is a bullet proof wall
part 3 : archive community keeps growing stronger like a hurricane
part 4 : more bullets but it's useless archive is the one

Nobunaga
Oct 29, 2018, 21:36
Change of server.. huh? Hope all goes smoothly.

3EOZA
Nov 05, 2018, 03:46
Good luck with the move, best of luck to you all... I know I'm not exactly the earliest person here but better late than never!

- - - Updated - - -

to let this site die would be what really kills MUGEN for good, and i for one do not want to see that happen.
This.
There are other sites but they aren't the same as MA as far as I can see.

TheGamingPaladin
Nov 05, 2018, 03:57
There are other sites but they aren't the same as MA as far as I can see.

not even close tbh, all i ever found was simple warehouses with poor organization and lack of community.

TyZeno
Nov 09, 2018, 00:37
Wondering how to be able to download stuff in this group.

mrsas
Nov 09, 2018, 16:00
k den this still deserve an update though.

Dizzy
Nov 12, 2018, 16:56
Update : we still have unresolved issues with the new mail servers. Unfortunately if might take up to 72 hours to get replies from various network managers.

I have decided to end the community event now because I think everyone is tired of waiting for the downloads. To regular members : sorry if the site goes into slow mode again for a few days.

RandomKid
Nov 15, 2018, 05:02
Hope that the new servers will be just as good or even better than what we have now!

Dizzy
Nov 15, 2018, 12:23
Updates :

Old and new servers are currently being synched, which means terabytes of data are currently being transferred to the new servers from the current ones, so expect slowdowns during the next few hours. We apologize for the inconvenience.

And finally, an incoming downtime is to be expected. It will probably happen during the next 24 or 48 hours. I'll keep you updated about the situation. Thank you for your patience.

Dizzy
Nov 19, 2018, 18:20
Update :

We are now on the new servers, cheers! :grin:
They should be much faster, even during rush hours.

We have tested most features during the last weeks, and most issues have been fixed so the site should be fully functional. But if we missed anything or if you notice something unusual, please let us know. Thank you. :amuse:

Imperius
Nov 20, 2018, 00:33
Update :

We are now on the new servers, cheers! :grin:
They should be much faster, even during rush hours.

We have tested most features during the last weeks, and most issues have been fixed so the site should be fully functional. But if we missed anything or if you notice something unusual, please let us know. Thank you. :amuse:

I noticed the improvements even before reading this post, everything works much faster now, this is a great improvement for the community.