PDA

View Full Version : Update : MUGEN ARCHIVE news and some plans for the future

That Man
May 16, 2016, 13:56
My dear fellow MUGEN Archivists,

First I would like to apologize for the Saturday downtime, that was a server incident.
Should this happens again, you can get updates on our official twitter account
https://twitter.com/mugen_archive

Back to topic, this a continuation of this thread (http://mugenarchive.com/forums/showthread.php?2316-MUGEN-ARCHIVE-news-and-some-plans-for-the-future).

As I said earlier the site needs to evolve for many reasons : from overloaded server to bad user experience and lack of funds.

First good news is I'm going to order a second server to provide our members plenty more power and content.
Second good news is I've come up with a new system that should :
1. allow the removal of the annoying common timer for all guests
2. allow the site to support MUGEN content developers
3. allow the site to not go bankrupt in a couple of months

To achieve this miracle I've prepared an upgrade which I will install soon so expect a very short downtime. Because I will always seek to improve the site for your enjoyment to ever last.

Men must become more then men, and gears must become more then gears.

Peace.

That Man
May 16, 2016, 13:58
The upgrade is done. The server resources are now twice more powerful and the HDDs have been expanded.

As promised, I've removed the annoying common timer for all unregistered users to improve their experience, no more hammer game. To prevent abuse from robots, unregistered users will be redirected to an interstitial page though. If you don't like it, simply register an account, because there's no other way.

I've also implemented a feature to support MUGEN content developers. More details here. (http://mugenarchive.com/forums/showthread.php?3210-New-feature-MUGEN-content-developer-support)

I really hope these changes will satisfy everybody and allow the Archive to offer a much better experience.

Men must become more then men, and gears must become more then gears.

Peace.

Left4Joker
May 16, 2016, 23:52
Great news!

\o

Count with me for anything you need

Dizzy
May 17, 2016, 20:30
Great news. I wonder if this will help the site to be a better community though.

WillC10
May 17, 2016, 20:51
You are so awesome! I just discovered MUGEN and I'm so addicted! I have to say that by far, yours is the best site for content. In fact, this is the only site I use for my MUGEN fix, it has everything I could imagine and want! Thank you so much for all of your hard work!

That Man
May 17, 2016, 22:20
Great news!

\o

Count with me for anything you needThank you my dear friend, your support is so much appreciated.

Great news. I wonder if this will help the site to be a better community though.Maybe if more visitors stick around because the experience is less frustrating, they'll eventually make an account and participate around. Time will tell, it's worth a try.

You are so awesome! I just discovered MUGEN and I'm so addicted! I have to say that by far, yours is the best site for content. In fact, this is the only site I use for my MUGEN fix, it has everything I could imagine and want! Thank you so much for all of your hard work!Thanks friend, it's good to hear some words of appreciation once in a while you know. It's so rare nowadays, and it really does matter to know your work is appreciated a bit. Just curious, how did you hear about MUGEN, friend?

kn1gh7
May 18, 2016, 00:59
Good news to hear sir. Gotta thank you for all the hard work you and everyone else does on this site. Even though I just became a member of this community and am still learning the ins and outs of MUGEN(I've known about Mugen for around 10 years thanks to youtube but never got around to using it til now) I've been using this site to see all the content people make. Without this site I honestly wouldn't be using Mugen right now, because in the beginning I downloaded nearly everything mugen related from here. I've been trying to not be such a leech and contribute but considering how much of a noob I am I'm not in the best position to do anything but edit sprites XD anyway though, thanks for the work and taking care of the site despite Mugen being so old.

WillC10
May 20, 2016, 03:57
Thank you my dear friend, your support is so much appreciated.

Maybe if more visitors stick around because the experience is less frustrating, they'll eventually make an account and participate around. Time will tell, it's worth a try.

Thanks friend, it's good to hear some words of appreciation once in a while you know. It's so rare nowadays, and it really does matter to know your work is appreciated a bit. Just curious, how did you hear about MUGEN, friend?

My Xbox was messed up for a few days and I had just gotten in to Marvel Vs Capcom 3... So I randomly googled Marvel Vs DC games and was immediately lead to MUGEN. I've been playing non stop since then lol. I discovered your site while looking for characters to add to the game I was playing, I've learned quite a bit from this site and I really just wanted to make sure to express my appreciation for your work.

Dizzy
May 30, 2016, 01:47
Maybe I'm being impatient, but after a couple of weeks, I can say the community hasn't improved, there are more visitors and more files downloaded, but less and less member activity. Besides the site is slower during peak times, due to all the downloads I guess, which makes members activity even more difficult and unlikely.

In other words, I believe another no leech event is overdue at this point.

Etha89
Jun 02, 2016, 20:34
So I was lead here by Vinesauce any1 else?

Lady_ tokimi2234
Jun 02, 2016, 20:40
This may sound abit of an nooby question to ask but is there a facebook page about this site?

Tigerblade12
Jun 03, 2016, 19:14
Perfect! I hope to have more experience in this website!

totaln00b
Jun 03, 2016, 23:18
Maybe I'm being impatient, but after a couple of weeks, I can say the community hasn't improved, there are more visitors and more files downloaded, but less and less member activity. Besides the site is slower during peak times, due to all the downloads I guess, which makes members activity even more difficult and unlikely.

In other words, I believe another no leech event is overdue at this point.

I just signed up cause of this no leech event. Makes sense I guess. This is a wonderful website that I've used for years. I post at MFG because I didn't want to hop back and forth between forums (which I did 8-9 years ago) and cause there seems to be the most people there. The format of the forum strikes me as very similar, so all things being equal, I'd assume that people would want to socialize where other people already are.

Then again, I wouldn't be typing any of this if it weren't for the "event". :grin:

It's a shame I need 10 posts before I can post a link to my small portrait and big portrait threads tho.

doctor74
Jun 04, 2016, 03:30
I love MUGEN...I discovered this website and I really like it! I really apreciated all this job...sorry..my english is not perfect and I hope to understand everything even if sometimes it's hard for me. I just uploaded something..hope I did everything correct without breaking any rule! Thank's a lot for all the great job you are doing!!

Soulgainer
Jun 04, 2016, 14:14
Looking Forward for this site.

alegrameldia
Jun 04, 2016, 15:01
think like you , this page , I think it is the best place to start up your own MUGEN!

cleyder
Jun 05, 2016, 12:01
Disparadamente é o melhor web sitie de mugen que já estive! Acredito que as mudanças tornarão a experiência do universo mugen ainda melhor!

It is the best Mugen website I have ever been! I believe that the changes will make the experience of Mugen universe even better!

ShadowKai
Jun 05, 2016, 18:09
oy
this community weekend thing is a smart idea but its blowing mine

- - - Updated - - -

love this site lots of characters to choose from

- - - Updated - - -

true true true

- - - Updated - - -

yoooooooooo\
how do i download teh characters if my account is ghost

- - - Updated - - -

wtf im an active member and they're saying im a ghost

JosephJoestar
Aug 07, 2016, 07:31
This is great, always been a fan of this site, so it sucks to see it not doing well. But I'm excited for more to come later on!

Baal83
Aug 13, 2016, 13:57
Thanks for all :thumbup: best mugen site!!! Good work :cool:

doctor74
Aug 25, 2016, 22:02
It's fine when I find some to download and I'm happy..but I discovered that when I upload something I feel VERY happy, because I can give the community my contribute...I REALLY like this site!! Let's make it grow up more and more!! MUGEN FOREVER!!

aeong
Sep 02, 2016, 21:19
Sorry that I've lurked. I'd love to help the community but unfortunately studying has taken precedent.

MechNightmare
Jul 22, 2017, 19:39
Mugen is a good site.