PDA

View Full Version : New attacks against the reputation of the MUGEN ARCHIVE

Dizzy
Jul 18, 2018, 19:09
As much as I hate dignifying MUGEN ARCHIVE haters with any attention, I have to make a statement following new attacks against the reputation of this site.

For two years, the MUGEN ARCHIVE has been the victim of extremely violent attacks from other MUGEN sites :
-Bruteforce attacks against staff members accounts
-Malware attacks against our regular users (a member of the < > known as BastardMami used a malware robot to massively spam malware code on our users' walls)
-Members of our community attacked and harassed on other sites (which has led a staff member to step down out of fear, and more recently a member known as Oliver stepped down after extremely violent threats)
-Plots to get our servers shut down by our host
-Death threats against some of the administrators

But the most recurrent attacks have been attacks against our reputation.
-MUGEN ARCHIVE is a virus site
-MUGEN ARCHIVE is a profit site
-MUGEN ARCHIVE is a thief site

We have largely demonstrated how these attacks were flawed by double standards, if not plain fear-mongering, and if you wish to read more about it your can check our documented wiki article (https://mugenarchive.com/wiki/MUGEN:MUGEN_ARCHIVE#Controversies).

Why do these attacks against our reputation occur regularly?
These attacks originate from staff members of enemy sites (but they can be occasionally relayed by unsuspecting "young followers" who are just naive people being manipulated by the former group). These people blame us for their lack of visitors, and their reasoning is that making a decent alternative to the MUGEN ARCHIVE would be way too difficult and way too expensive, so the cheap alternative to prevent their user base from leaving to a more attractive site is to attack our reputation with plain lies. They consider that they have nothing to lose and there is no limit to how low their lies can be. The reason why I call them "enemy sites" and not "rival sites" is because of their degree of violence. Obviously, this is no longer a healthy rivalry when they resort to such radical attacks which are meant to annihilate our community.

What is the most recent of these attacks?
They now impersonate the MUGEN ARCHIVE account on discord to make hateful statements, and unsuspecting victims of these manipulations believe the MUGEN ARCHIVE is a hateful site. Afterward, screenshots of the fake account were posted on various sites to taint our reputation.

Where do these attacks come from?
We have contacted discord to get a clarification although our hopes to get an answer are not very high. Discord staff may not have any time to deal with that kind of drama. However, we strongly suspect the administrator of the MUGEN database to be responsible for these attacks. That extremely unstable individual is known to regularly use socket-puppets accounts on discord to instigate hate against the MUGEN ARCHIVE.

Can these attacks be detected or avoided?
Discord has a loose policy regarding identity theft, it is very easy to impersonate any account sadly, simply by using the same nick and same avatar. Unsuspecting people can easily get tricked if they don't look further than the nick and avatar.
However it is possible to expose the fraud by looking further into the profile.

This is the fake account :
https://i.imgur.com/vPSzkFR.png

You can see a #6116 extension after the name, which is some kind of ID, and two different accounts can't have both identical nick+ID. On top of that the fake account had a "new discord user" tag, which means it was created fairly recently.

For the record, the ID of the real MA account is #5371.

The bottom line
It is really sad that I have to make a statement about this whole issue, and dignify such low deeds with any attention. But I'd rather lower myself to do this than see this whole story blown out of proportion as usual. The victims of these attacks are not only MA, but also the unsuspecting people the attacker is trying to manipulate, by hitting them on their lowest weakness. Are you really going to keep sticking around such despicable individuals who have absolutely no self dignity and no respect for your dignity either? It's up to you and your self consciousness now.

kater15
Jul 18, 2018, 19:27
I had already seen a screenshot with this fake avatar attacking the other group on the Discord there on the other Mugen site. The only thing these guys get out of it is a negative stain on their reputations with the community, that's a shame. :facepalm2:

Helel
Jul 18, 2018, 19:38
Did not know this was happening. So much hate...

aka2810
Jul 18, 2018, 22:10
Whoever they are, they need to get a life instead of taking it this far. Probably thinks they're a hero among the masses by doing this. But all I see is a sad and disturbed human being who really needs a hug. If they really wanted to better the mugen community, This is not the way to go. Manipulating and threatening, making hate mobs with torches and pitchforks pointing at us will never improve the community as a whole by doing these acts, only divide us. But hey, at least we give a damn about improving our site and our own community. That is what matters most in the end anyways :smile:

OldGamer
Jul 18, 2018, 23:48
I never liked discord first place because of that good reason why I left discord. I feel that we dont need that kind of things in are life. they just hater because Mugen Archive is doing way better job keeping thing legit and having lost files they can keep track off and NOW they ARE starting there drama with us AGIAN but on Discord. Mugen Archive is been a good website to me, that the real reason why I had give up my position as a GLOBE Moderators because they targeted me for no reason. I have a family and I have responsibility as grand father to my grand kids and my family. so I had too quit because I cant stand people like them starting there drama with me or Mugen Archive. Dizzy should tell you guys that ended up in hospital because of it, because they target innocent by stander like me and everyone else because they think we part some false Information about Mugen Archive. But Mugen Archive never done anything to hurt no one. they here to give us what we wanted and more. but the hater keep on spreading lies and spreading false information to other younger people . if I had a choose I will disbanded discord completely we already have a shout box and the forum we dont need discord. but that just me.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoever they are, they need to get a life instead of taking it this far. Probably thinks they're a hero among the masses by doing this. But all I see is a sad and disturbed human being who really needs a hug. If they really wanted to better the mugen community, This is not the way to go. Manipulating and threatening, making hate mobs with torches and pitchforks pointing at us will never improve the community as a whole by doing these acts, only divide us. But hey, at least we give a damn about improving our site and our own community. That is what matters most in the end anyways :smile:
aka2810

if I had choose in this matter I bring the FBI into this and send a lawsuit and have a lawyer for these cyber net crime against them for giving false dignity, there also laws for tempering with website and forum. and also there laws about stealing other dignity as well. regardless a crime is crime hacking for portraying someone else is still a cyber net dignity crime and Common types of cybercrime include hacking, online scams and fraud, identity theft, attacks on computer systems and illegal or prohibited online content

mulambo
Jul 19, 2018, 00:19
What a bunch of jealous nolifers... I bet they spend half of the day w*nking and the other half blaming other people for the failure they represent.

Whoever thinks this "war" is a good thing, should get his head checked.

"Goo gah gahhh MUGEN archive is more famous than my site!hhhuuuhh....*sniff*sniff* :'( " lol

anyway, yeah. I'd really prosecute them for identity theft and all the other stuff. and I'd do it quick. If you already know who they are, you should contact their host and tell their host exactly how things are going on with such "grown up" people.

OldGamer
Jul 19, 2018, 04:19
anyway, yeah. I'd really prosecute them for identity theft and all the other stuff. and I'd do it quick. If you already know who they are, you should contact their host and tell their host exactly how things are going on with such "grown up" people. I agree with you all the way Mulambo that real case of a real identity theft. and Dizzy you dont want to make this worse and start prosecute them for identity theft and put them into jail ASAP

Sol Badguy
Jul 27, 2018, 04:21
just my 0.02 we give too much credits to a bunch of little.... unintelligent people (i was about to call them monkeys but let's not go there)

mugen archive is an army of +150k strong and their site has at most 10 peeps online
wtf they're literally nothing
clearly they've reached the critical inbreeding level where a species is doomed to go extinct

like someone said if they hate us it's their problem
and they can't even be true to that big mouth of theirs
they have to crawl here hidden like a bunch of illegals just because they were told they should hate us
they're unable to make their own opinion and let others dictate what they should think
they're a lost cause a bunch of conditioned animals, just ignore them they'll go extinct in no time

A x ◿
Jul 27, 2018, 06:30
Me personally, this is why I'm turned off by the mugen community in general. It's all drama no matter what side you are on or EVEN if you take (like in my case) NO side :P

I still believe that lurkers are the smartest people out here. Just download and play ;)

Seriously though, don't even sweat whatever they are doing. The fact that they're desperately doing this just confirms even further of how much more people prefer it here instead.

I say still be the better man, do nothing against them. Let them do whatever and if fools believe in their nonsense then they deserve to be in that circus right along side with the rest of them.

It's even funnier that despite their hateful aggression to this place, without a doubt they are frequent visitors here to add to all the irony all ready there. :P You can tell by their comments that come up every now and then when they mention this place.

Seriously just ignore them and who cares if they brainwash others to believe in whatever. The numbers aren't even waning and still persistently growing as well as content uploads and downloads. Their campaign failed a long time ago when they mentioned ARCHIVE.

Their mistake was to acknowledge us in the first place and that turned into thousands migrating over here to see what was so bad and all they saw was every mugen character and stage ever created. :/

I'm certain that when for sure their numbers become ghost like that even their content creators are gonna have to come here and produce mugen in order to get any kind of audience at all. It's only a matter of time. Not that I want them here though, they wouldn't fit in here with their greedy concepts and hideously gross egos. :S That would probably spoil archive for me here for sure.

The funniest thing to is even though each of those "communities" are saying there are viruses here that it is in no way stopping anyone from coming here :P No one gives a damn except those all ready against Archive. I've been here a long time and I haven't had a single virus attack. The claims they make about making profits using other people's work is just as ridiculous considering many of them are doing the same using ads and even asking for commissions and donations. They are just as dirty and I dare say even more since I see more money transactions there than anywhere else. Oh the irony!!!! O.O

The only people that are truly hurt here sadly are those that want to be a part of both communities but that have to hide their identity here for fear of what the other forums will think of them. I bet none of them can openly talk about archive without getting attacked and shamed. Though in the end they are just pushing those innocent users here which ironically is what they are trying to prevent. Anyway....

Just ignore them.

Sol Badguy
Jul 27, 2018, 20:25
speaking of which here's a post they censored recently in their big ma promo thread
https://imgur.com/N1VIDyF

immediately saved the post when I noticed it
check again later for any reaction and the post was gone
doods have gone total dictatorship mode
you don't bow down to the official propaganda? get censored and insta banned ! :lol:
trust me soon there will be nothing left of that inbreeding system

Kvasir
Jul 30, 2018, 05:13
These people have nothing to do, that's the truth.

Migi Munoz
Jul 30, 2018, 10:02
It saddens me to see a great site just to be attacked by other sites. Like, What's the point? What're they trying to accomplish? What's their goal? Kinda makes me wonder what started all this. :cray::crying1:

Sol Badguy
Aug 02, 2018, 04:37
what started all this

according to the official propaganda of the sect known as mfg it was a battle of good vs evil https://i.imgur.com/H2x66rV.png
BUT.... according to some cult insiders' this might have been bollocks and their great guru might have some shameful and unspeakable motives...

https://mugenarchive.com/w/images/5/57/Iced_coincidence_kek.png

heres more you can thank me later https://tinyurl.com/y9e78y57