PDA

View Full Version : download characters

simy13
Apr 22, 2016, 10:11
I can't download 18+ characters and i'm 21. how to do that?

TheHasbroGAMER
Apr 22, 2016, 10:13
There's this "no leech" thing happening this weekend. If your rank is Lurker, you can't do any downloads. I honestly think it's a bit unfair for people who have just joined.

JJJaxx
Apr 22, 2016, 10:24
It's a means to save bandwidth and try and get a bit more community involvement. It takes two or three posts/comments to get out of lurker status. The best way to do this is to find content you like and write reviews or introduce yourself in the forums. This is to curtail just how much downloading the site gets on limited resources.

C'mon guys, it's not THAT much work. We're not exactly jumping you guys into a street gang here. :eyesroll:

Hatchiacke
Apr 22, 2016, 18:18
I think the rule is ok

Bannedalex
Apr 23, 2016, 11:56
I think that event is shit

JJJaxx
Apr 23, 2016, 18:39
I think that event is shit

Especially now that you're banned! For you, the no-download weekend lasts forever now, huh?

Tough break.

kabukisama
Apr 23, 2016, 19:16
Not a problem! Been meaning to post something here eventually!

StandoffBeast0
Apr 23, 2016, 19:46
yea I just started. I haven't even started adding characters to my mugen yet. I guess it is fair to not want to have lurkers, but damn I didn't even start up yet! lol

eat more ice cream?

true it's just like I said. I don't mind contributing, but I'm a newb so what can I really do? I mean I barely know how to add a character lol

Fraurf
Apr 23, 2016, 20:50
I guess the event helps to get lurkers to actually get involved. Sure helped me.

REDBACKDEATH
May 25, 2016, 05:10
It helped get me to finally post some things(not really a big poster on any site)but it's worth the little time just so you can use this great site and access alot of old content i had lost in computer crash and lost burnt cd's.

kiyomorie
Jun 02, 2016, 18:56
well it is an administrator policy, so we should respect that

Legendkiller236
Jun 02, 2016, 19:36
i believe its fair, Its Time to get involved

pac220
Jun 02, 2016, 21:12
I that this is probably to get the community to be active instead of being dormant for characters, stages and such to be downloaded just be on their marry way.

MindMemento
Jun 03, 2016, 01:58
Heyyyy-- *cough cough cough* Shit, talking so much in so little time can really stress on your throat...
Whadd'ya mean I'm not talking?? I know I'm writing but, it just wouldn't be the same then!

Also, holy shit, did he just ban that guy? :laugh:
I'm a bit intimidated. JJJaxx is swinging his almighty BAN HAMMER around.
Just don't smash it into my face, pretty please? I'll give you a nice old mouse I found in the garage.
I mean a dead mouse. Not a computer mouse.

But yes! The rule is indeed great! Makes the introverts become outroverts-- or something? Gets that one kid that stays
in his room all day long without speaking a word to anyone at all come out of his room if you just set up some MUGEN
content behind his door. The guy will eventually be unable to resist the sweet, oh so sweet smell of that juice MUGEN
content coming from the other side of the door. When he finally does open the door, a hot, steamy MUGENARCHIVE
staff grabs him and throws him into a pit of-- I dunno. People. Inspiration stopped half-way to the story so... You can
just invent whatever happens next.

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY NEW CHALLENGERS HERE!?
I feel left behind because I'm still a lurker... I'm DEFINITELY surpass all of your ranks! Even if only by a little.
Haa... So what was this post about?

Zoidburg
Jun 26, 2017, 04:06
That accelerated very quickly, but I'm gonna dodge that ban hammer at all costs....

jedah420
Jul 22, 2017, 02:39
Especially now that you're banned! For you, the no-download weekend lasts forever now, huh?

Tough break.

Damn.....they need some aloe for that burn :laugh:

cooler268
Jul 22, 2017, 03:06
it is not that bad, just say something and don't get banned

alcione
Jul 22, 2017, 19:57
well im tryin to post a lot bcos i have 291 stages that i want to share with all you

argyone
Jul 22, 2017, 22:43
you can see this event from different perspectives. im an long-term mugen player and editor (began when i was around 16, next month is my 27th birthday, so yeah...)
but my old pc crashed and i only got one archive left with characters and stages that are almost all uploaded to this site...sooo... when i havent something to contribute, how am i supposed to "lvl my rank" , beside writing this comment and trying to be constructive :D

JKeane
Nov 09, 2019, 08:20
I've posted and commented but can't seem to get promoted.

Exorcist
Nov 14, 2019, 05:06
i scream, for i did not know