PDA

View Full Version : [W.I.P.] Project Megaman Battle Circuit X (FAN GAME)

Zheivom
18th June 2018, 18:37
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
# BRIEF DESCRIPTION:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

:smile: Hello everyone! My name is "Zhe", I'm from Brazil, and I'm here to invite everyone to take a look, if not done yet, at my project. It is a fighting game that I call "Megaman Battle Circuit X". I have been developing this project since 2008 when I started to learn how to program in MUGEN (I stil have a lot to learn by the way...) and since I really like Megaman, and so much more the X, Z and ZX series (besides those Battle Networks), I'm 'doin my thing using the Sprites of these games for create the fighters.

:grin: The intention is to make a game with the gameplay more "Megaman X Feeling" possible, but with touches of a classic fighting game. I hope every fan join the journey, so I'll leave the link to the Facebook page about the project as well as the playlist of videos for those that might be interested to watch my progress at the development. I'm in beta version 1.2, maded in 2009, and now I plan to go to "1.2B" later this year.

The 1.2 Beta was maded in Win Mugen Plus, so, there are a lot of that "Build Malfunction" along the game, such Music not playing or when playing it does not works as intended (without "scratch" or else). There are some "Crashes" too since We are nowdays using Windows 7 and 10 and not XP anymore. "Man! What a hiatus! 2009 to 2018! What happened?!". Well... Things of my personal life that moved me away from Mugen programming. But now I could return and do what I was doing back then. I wish to do my best while I'm updating my knowledge!

:laugh: Thank you all for the time and I hope to see you there giving that good and nice support plus feedback!

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
# MOST RECENT NEWS:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

# 01:14AM 11/03/2019:

- Balance Update (Grab the update package in "CHARS [GAME CHARACTERS DOWNLOAD]")
- Velguarder & Tretesta Kerberian no more have "ghost inputs" for press Y in the air for both characters.
- Command List updated with new moves for both characters.
- Solved (FOR GOOD THIS TIME!) the bug in the Normals Page of the Command List not showing.
- Solved Kerberian's Hellhounds bad behavior causing mess and screwing the TK's X-Termination Move.
- Solved Kerberian's Air Launcher problem: Now works properly (see the command list for the input).
- Solved Velguarder's "floating" bug when Proton Cannon collides with TK's Forbidden Power Release.

# 03:03AM 09/02/2019:

- Kerberian & Velguarder's Attack List has been updated to show the properly input.
- Solved a related bug of the Normals Page of the Command List not whowing properly when called.
- Eurasia Crash Site & Spaceport Stage now have a background sound.
- Some minor modifications in Kerberian's Melee's.

# 04:15AM 02/02/2019:

- Velguarder Ver.1.0 Relased & Tretesta Kerberian Updated (Grab them in "CHARS [GAME CHARACTERS DOWNLOAD]")
- You are now abe to execute "X-Terminations" as promised in 01/01/2019.
- Command List updated with instructions for unleash an X-Termination Move.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
# LINKS:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

█ BETA 1.2 B DOWNLOAD:
https://sites.google.com/view/megamanbcx/en-us-mbcx-beta-1-2-b

█ CHARS [GAME CHARACTERS DOWNLOAD]:
https://sites.google.com/view/megamanbcx/megaman-battle-circuit-x-fan-game/chars-download

█ OLDER BETA BUILDS:
https://sites.google.com/view/megamanbcx/megaman-battle-circuit-x-fan-game/game-download

█ FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/megamanbcx/

█ FULL VIDEO PLAYLIST:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmXogUEmwyedPsMw3VEAwgXJNsnNxcEH7

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
# MOST RECENT VIDEOS:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

https://youtu.be/ldauutsAS7g
https://youtu.be/hXs_gP2Do2k

https://youtu.be/zqn3OCuFMKo
https://youtu.be/oHXvOIakqgw

Zheivom
18th June 2018, 18:47
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[W.I.P] SIGMA (BASED ON X6 VER.):
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

:smile: In our Storyline the X6 phase of the franchise is quite explored. Even the Background designed for Sigma are present in Megaman Battle Circuit - X events. How? It's like that:

[SPOILER ALERT - MEGAMAN X6]

Three weeks passes as the human population moves underground to survive the devastation and pollution left by Sigma's latest attack. Sigma himself is quickly resurrected by a renegade Reploid scientist, Gate, who was angry with the scientific community for rejecting his advanced Reploid designs.Gate becomes a Maverick after contacting Zero's DNA in the remains of Eurasia, which contains Zero virus signatures. He then discovers the "metallic remains" of Sigma and proceeds to rebuild it.

However, due to the stress of spreading the Sigma virus during the Colony Incident of the Mega Man X5, Sigma's programming is damaged beyond what the Gate can fix, and it is reduced to an unconscious and malfunctioning fraction of "its old self". Gate's work on Sigma's new body is unfinished and although it appears that Gate rebuilt Sigma merely as a support plan to further its own goals, Sigma is quick to rise up against the hand that helped him...

[SPOILER ALERT - END]

:laugh: Sigma is kind the M.Bison: Various incarnations! He's too powerful to be ignored and left out of the Battle Circuit, isn't he?
That's why He's on the "party list" and on the project arena!

3687 3688 3689
3690 3691 3692

Zheivom
18th June 2018, 18:57
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[W.I.P] FAIRY LEVIATHAN:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

:smile: Fairy Leviathan, known in the Japanese version as "Youshou Leviathan" ("Yōshō Reviatan", Yōshō literally means "General Mermaid"), or simply Leviathan, is a member of the Four Guardians of Neo Arcadia. These Guardians plays some important rokle in the story through Mega Man Zero 1, 2 and 3. Leviathan was created from the DNA data of Mega Man X, after the Maverick Wars, with the main objective of to clean the oceans of the world. Leviathan's design schemes are based on X's underwater combat capabilities.

Some time later, She became a Military General of Neo Arcadia commanding the Deep Sea Squadron ("Meikai Gundan", literally "Black Ocean Army" ), the naval force of N.A. As part of their Powers and Abilities Leviathan is a powerful Reploid who manipulates the ice element and excels in underwater combat. While underwater, she is able to swim and maneuver at high speed, giving her an edge in battle (her personal ability!). Being a skilled user of the ice element and the water element, she is able to manipulate both to her advantage by producing a variety of attacks with the aid of her halberd / lance such as: "raining" sharp ice picks, creating ice dragons like projectiles and still... Summon a huge Tsunami!

:dirol: Leviathan is awesome! And yeah, of course, this magnificent representative of all Woman Reploids take part of the Megaman: Battle Circuit - X cast. We can say She's fighting for more feminine power among the robots too!

3693 3694 3695
3696 3697 3698

Zheivom
18th June 2018, 19:20
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[W.I.P] TRETESTA KERBERIAN:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

:cool: When we speak of "Hellhound" we are immediately reminded of him: "Cerberus", the three-headed dog guardian of the entrance to the kingdom of Hades in Greek mythology. Not failing to innovate Capcom brought us in Megaman Zero 3 a bit of this mythology and Tretesta Kerberian was born (Or Kelberian for the most "purists" of the series) that is the representation of this being in the Megaman universe.

"The Dog of Hell", in all its representations, ​​is enormous and here it is also the same: T.K. is as big as characters like Frostman, Zero next to him becomes an ant... His attacks are very truculent and ferocious. This ferocity includes throwing heavy objects over the opponents ("Crate Throw"), twisted metal pieces ("Cane Throw") and even causing a small Earthquake with the full weight of its metal body transferred for the legs: With a single "stomp" on the ground the earth erupts! Even if the opponent is down there is no escape! There is also the possibility of invoking the two heads attached to its shoulder to aid in battle ("Personal Hability: Hell Hound"). They stand out from T.K. and leap fiercely at the opponent, and infinitely until they are destroyed by the same with a shot of any projectile or attack strong enough to destroy them.

3705 3706

Speaking of power up: T.K. is a very strong character its physical attacks take enough life of the opponent and some can, even, cause damage on the defense due to the immense power. The combos are also very "damaging": It is possible to make a sequence that starts 45% of the life of its rival (sometimes 50% depending on the level of defense of the "beaten" in question) without using even a Hyper or Hell Hounds help ! How is it done? Haha! You'll have to find out!

About the "Specials" that every fighting game character can count on: Its Hyper is called "Reploid Souls Summon" and consists of a sequence of 3 large plasma shots that leave the Reploid shoulders, both left and right, in the form of... Spirits! It is possible to defend all, but if you hit the damage is relative since it will not always get all the hits. This special works more like a "barrier" to move the opponent away from you. is very effective.

3707 3708

The supreme technique... The Xtreme "Forbidden Power Release" is the Supra Sumo of High Damage! T.K. It will make a huge leap and by stepping on the ground with full force of the body, a huge explosion of plasma with several pillars in the form of "Souls" will occur. Depending on where the opponent is located during this attack he could lose up to 60 % of life! Needless to say, such an attack can only be fired with the Life of T.K. almost depleteed and with 3 bars of Super Stored.

I intend to include even more things in him, like his EX Skill "Laser Claw" that is nothing more than that purple sword that he uses to attack depending on the Zero Level in his original game. I intend to give too some more mods on how the Hell Hounds act because, for the time being, I have only been able to program them to jump and jump towards the opponent and nothing more. Not that it's not cool, but I know I can make it better and make it smart! Well, this is it! I just hope they enjoy my creation!

3709 3710

Justanotheruser!
18th June 2018, 20:49
Neat.

Zheivom
19th June 2018, 07:44
Neat.

:very_good:Thank You!

Zheivom
19th June 2018, 18:31
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[W.I.P] VOLT KRAKEN:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

:smile: Today I'm gonna show a little about my character Volt Kraken or Squid Addler, if you prefer. He is a character who appeared in the game Megaman X5. He has won a series of non-existent attacks on his appearance version in the original game. Kraken has long-range attacks with his tentacles and his normal sequence can combo from 4 to 10 resembling K'9999 of the K.O.F. Series due to excessive hits from the attacks. As a Personal Hability he can drain the opponent's energy through his tentacles as well. I think many remember Megaman X1, don't ya? There was a Boss Octopus like in X5 called "Launch Octopus" that had this artifice. These characters are brothers in the history of the X Series, so Volt have a little technique as an inheritance, but in his own way: In high voltage!

3742 3743
3744 3745

:grin: Volt moves as in the original game so he can fly through the screen with the help of his jets in the back. This movement type are equal to
Blaze Heatnix (the phoenix) and Gate (which flies by being overpowered...). Another thing: A lot of his special attacks can only be maded on the ground line, so getting away will not do any good anyway: You must attack to win! With GREAT PROBABILITY I must modify this flight plan on in a future update ... It has three attacks in this version, 1 Hyper, 1 Xtreme and the Personal ability.

3746 3747

Zheivom
20th June 2018, 05:51
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[W.I.P] EREGION:
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

:smile: Now I'm gonna show other character I'm working with the Awesome Sprite Editing of My Buddy Alpha X with touches of another Awesome Spriter called FX Freitas. I'm talking about Eregion. You know... Dragons are fascinating! Whatever they are, and where they come from in their fabulous stories. These beings are magnificent creatures and in Megaman X there are several dragons, but the most "colossal" of them, I think, is Eregion. This one appeared as Sub Boss in Megaman X4. It can fly through its mechanical wings and also uses his flight to collide with his enemies. He can shoot energy balls from his mouth by firing three individual shots or a rapid plasma shot sequence. It can perform attacks with his claws too as melee attacks!

3753 3752

3751 3754

:dirol: Curiosity from Wikia: Did you know that the name "Eregion" is part of the fiction of J. R. R. Tolkien? It was the kingdom of the Noldorin elves in Eriador. Ironically, years later, a name very similar to Eregion was used in another popular book series: "Eragon". Coincidentally these booka also features dragons... Eregion have a "Sub" status in X4 only, because in Megaman Battle Circuit X it is one of the 4 "Final Bosses" that you'll have to face if You aim to reach the last challenge! By the way: Eregion is the only character that can rival Omega's "Supreme Buster Shot" in the final form used in his XTREME! I'm gonna talk about Omega on my next post :arrow:

3749 3748

Nimpos
12th October 2018, 14:30
Beautifull

Zheivom
16th January 2019, 17:18
Beautifull

:dirol: Thanks!

Elesis
2nd February 2019, 19:12
Huge Megaman X fan here so of course I went and downloaded your demo build.

Thought I'd give a mini review of my experience. Version 1.2B

The intro, main menu and character select screens are all amazingly presented. They definitely scream "Megaman X" and I love it.
I was a bit disappointed that the only character so far is Kerberian though. :P I got myself all hyped up reading this page and watching the youtube videos only to realize I couldn't play as everyone when I launched the game. That said though, Kerberian is giving me good vibes of whats to come. Having a jump button was a little odd at first however it does feel more like a Megaman game because of it.

Now for some criticism/observations.
1. The stage "Area A" has foreground rocks that block your power gauges. It's kind of annoying.
2. The space stage looks great and we all love doomsday music.... but.... probably should remove the Sonic stage from this Megaman game. x]
3. Some stages lack music. You already explained about that though with the "Build Malfunction".
4. Kerberian felt a little stiff to control. Most of it comes from a lack of attacks though I think. The "C" button brings of a manual to show you the attacks which is great but I couldn't get them all to work. (mostly the aerials) I personally swapped the C and Start buttons around as I felt the menu worked better as the pause button rather than a controller face button.
5. You have a bias for megaman x4 music. ;)

Yeah I know these are mostly beta problems but I wanted to talk about them anyways.
I'm looking forward to the future development of this project and wish you good luck!

Zheivom
9th February 2019, 05:16
Huge Megaman X fan here so of course I went and downloaded your demo build.

Thought I'd give a mini review of my experience. Version 1.2B

The intro, main menu and character select screens are all amazingly presented. They definitely scream "Megaman X" and I love it.
I was a bit disappointed that the only character so far is Kerberian though. :P I got myself all hyped up reading this page and watching the youtube videos only to

realize I couldn't play as everyone when I launched the game. That said though, Kerberian is giving me good vibes of whats to come. Having a jump button was a

little odd at first however it does feel more like a Megaman game because of it.

Now for some criticism/observations.
1. The stage "Area A" has foreground rocks that block your power gauges. It's kind of annoying.
2. The space stage looks great and we all love doomsday music.... but.... probably should remove the Sonic stage from this Megaman game. x]
3. Some stages lack music. You already explained about that though with the "Build Malfunction".
4. Kerberian felt a little stiff to control. Most of it comes from a lack of attacks though I think. The "C" button brings of a manual to show you the attacks which is great

but I couldn't get them all to work. (mostly the aerials) I personally swapped the C and Start buttons around as I felt the menu worked better as the pause button

rather than a controller face button.
5. You have a bias for megaman x4 music. ;)

Yeah I know these are mostly beta problems but I wanted to talk about them anyways.
I'm looking forward to the future development of this project and wish you good luck!

Thanks for the feedback:

"...1. The stage "Area A" has foreground rocks that block your power gauges. It's kind of annoying..."

:very_good: Don't worry: I'm going to remove these rocks in the next week update. People really didn't like it.

"...2. The space stage looks great and we all love doomsday music.... but.... probably should remove the Sonic stage from this Megaman game. x]..."

:laugh: I totally understand... But I can't remove it: The Stage is there to fit the upcoming Mecha Sonic character (Guest Character). Since it is just for "guest" I think it

is ok. I could of course remove the stage until the character comes, but it would be 2 works: To remove and then to insert it again... Nah, just prefer to leave as it is.

"...3. Some stages lack music. You already explained about that though with the "Build Malfunction"..."

:smile: The new week update, from 08/02/19, already added songs to the 2 stages without it before: Eurasia Site and Spaceport. Download this patch by the fan

game site in the Game Download section.

"...4. Kerberian felt a little stiff to control. Most of it comes from a lack of attacks though I think. The "C" button brings of a manual to show you the attacks which

is great but I couldn't get them all to work. (mostly the aerials) I personally swapped the C and Start buttons around as I felt the menu worked better as the pause

button rather than a controller face button..."

:grin: Maaaaaan! Look: The aerials description at the command list are wrong! Sorry!! By the way, there is a patch to the correction already available. Grab at the

chars download section of the fan game site. About the "stiffness" of Kerberian: It was intended to be like this and people seems to be doing a dope job with the 3

headed dog (so sorry I can't show videos here yet due post limitations), but if you describe-me what in specific makes the character not so comfortable to You I can totally see what can I do to (if needed to do of course) turn this table!

"...5. You have a bias for megaman x4 music. ;)..."

:dirol: Love X4 music, can't help... But the song I most like are the one from "Area A" (ZX).

Elesis
11th February 2019, 21:09
1. About the "rocks": I don't know why I called them rocks. Their tree stumps... lol I like how I got you to refer to them as rocks too though!
I do LIKE them being in the stage. The foreground creates a pleasing aesthetic. I just don't like them blocking my energy meter. If it's possible I think it'd be best to keep them in but somehow make sure the energy bars are drawn on a higher layer in front of the stumps.

2. Space stage: Makes a lot more sense now. Didn't know you'd have guest characters. Looking forward to Mecha Sonic!

3. Good patch. :)

4. "Stiff" Kerberian: I guess I wasn't very clear about this so I'll go into more detail. That said though, if the characters are not finished then most of this will be moot points and you shouldn't worry about it. I'm kind of assuming he's not done yet as I previously said "Most of it comes from a lack of attacks though I think.".

Some inputs flat out do nothing. A good example of this is "Styx Cross" (<+Y Air) is the only input usable in the air with the Y button. Pressing Y by itself or any other direction besides backwards does absolutely nothing while in the air. This is not only annoying, it creates a heavier learning curve. Rather than just learning which inputs do what attacks you also have to remember what inputs do nothing and just kind of leave you hanging.

Perhaps you have attacks planned for these "ghost inputs" and down the line this'll rectify itself. Most of this is seen in the Ariel moves though and I've noticed it with Velgaurder as well. His Y button has moves on <+Y and >+Y but standing Y and V+Y does nothing.
Something interesting to note however is Kerberian's "Cyber Inferno Ball" is only listed as >+B but is still usable by simply pressing B as well as V+B. This fills in all the empty "ghost inputs".

My second problem is the characters "flow".
When it comes to melee combat, Kerberian doesn't have a lot of options. You have your basic 2-3 hit combo, A ducking 2-3 hit combo that can also switch into a launcher and finally an aerial 2-3 hit combo. This lack of attacks makes his combo game quite poor and I feel that if any fast up close and personal characters get into his face it'll be really tough for him to defend himself. This also means he lacks any "mix-ups" making him quite predictable if you manage to close the gap. Maybe this is intentional however as he seems to excel at mid-long range.

I know it's quite early to be talking about game balancing with there being only 2 characters so far but... A good amount of attacks is what truly makes a fighting game shine. Having different approaches and tools for the same job means you can be unpredictable and catch your opponent off guard. Currently the game doesn't offer very many options for interesting combos. My biggest fear is the game might end up as a ranged/special spam fest and become more of a button masher.

Kerberian also lacks a grab/shield break as far as I could tell. This makes blocking against Kerberian overpowered. You can just block whatever he does and counterattack.
I know some of Kerberians moves do chip damage when blocked but the resulting counterattack from a successful block still puts you at a disadvantage.

Hoo man that was a doozy of a write up. I hope it helps in some way. Remember though at the end of the day, it's your game! You do what you want with it.

5. I agree Area A is definitely one of the best Megaman songs. ;)

-Initial thoughts on Velguarder-
Velguarder is really cool and I absolutely love the voice lines. But.. a bit on the overpowered side... :P Combination attack (N.I.D.) is basically the main offender. It's a grab attack so it's unblockable. The only hope you have against it is to interrupt it but it comes out so fast. Kerberians unlisted purple energy ball (back+Y or just Y) is good enough to interrupt most of the N.I.D. attacks save for "instant N.I.D.". I really couldn't do anything against instant N.I.D.. :P

Now for a bug report!
The tree stumps also block the moves list. :P
The moves list has some weird shenanigans. Simply pressing "right" to navigate the menus has it skipping the "normal" attacks. You can only view the normal attacks by moving "left" into it.
Furthermore the second page "info" if you press left on it has it play the page changing sound but nothing actually happens. It requires a second press to get back to the first page.
The "page changing" sound seems to get abruptly loud on the first 2 pages too. Probably because it's playing the sound twice thus amplifying it.

-Kerberian related bugs-
Hell Ride (Launch) and Heaven Banisher don't appear to work
I think Laser Sword and F.P.R. are reversed in the combo list.
If you have Hellhounds active before using Lifestream Devour the Hellhound can screw up the animation slightly by knocking the enemy down and displaying "KO" immediately. Still works for the most part though. :P

Alright that's probably enough writing. :D
I liked the patch and new character. Keep up the good work!

Zheivom
11th March 2019, 06:37
1. About the "rocks": I don't know why I called them rocks. Their tree stumps... lol I like how I got you to refer to them as rocks too though!
I do LIKE them being in the stage. The foreground creates a pleasing aesthetic. I just don't like them blocking my energy meter. If it's possible I think it'd be best to keep them in but somehow make sure the energy bars are drawn on a higher layer in front of the stumps.

2. Space stage: Makes a lot more sense now. Didn't know you'd have guest characters. Looking forward to Mecha Sonic!

3. Good patch. :)

4. "Stiff" Kerberian: I guess I wasn't very clear about this so I'll go into more detail. That said though, if the characters are not finished then most of this will be moot points and you shouldn't worry about it. I'm kind of assuming he's not done yet as I previously said "Most of it comes from a lack of attacks though I think.".

Some inputs flat out do nothing. A good example of this is "Styx Cross" (<+Y Air) is the only input usable in the air with the Y button. Pressing Y by itself or any other direction besides backwards does absolutely nothing while in the air. This is not only annoying, it creates a heavier learning curve. Rather than just learning which inputs do what attacks you also have to remember what inputs do nothing and just kind of leave you hanging.

Perhaps you have attacks planned for these "ghost inputs" and down the line this'll rectify itself. Most of this is seen in the Ariel moves though and I've noticed it with Velgaurder as well. His Y button has moves on <+Y and >+Y but standing Y and V+Y does nothing.
Something interesting to note however is Kerberian's "Cyber Inferno Ball" is only listed as >+B but is still usable by simply pressing B as well as V+B. This fills in all the empty "ghost inputs".

My second problem is the characters "flow".
When it comes to melee combat, Kerberian doesn't have a lot of options. You have your basic 2-3 hit combo, A ducking 2-3 hit combo that can also switch into a launcher and finally an aerial 2-3 hit combo. This lack of attacks makes his combo game quite poor and I feel that if any fast up close and personal characters get into his face it'll be really tough for him to defend himself. This also means he lacks any "mix-ups" making him quite predictable if you manage to close the gap. Maybe this is intentional however as he seems to excel at mid-long range.

I know it's quite early to be talking about game balancing with there being only 2 characters so far but... A good amount of attacks is what truly makes a fighting game shine. Having different approaches and tools for the same job means you can be unpredictable and catch your opponent off guard. Currently the game doesn't offer very many options for interesting combos. My biggest fear is the game might end up as a ranged/special spam fest and become more of a button masher.

Kerberian also lacks a grab/shield break as far as I could tell. This makes blocking against Kerberian overpowered. You can just block whatever he does and counterattack.
I know some of Kerberians moves do chip damage when blocked but the resulting counterattack from a successful block still puts you at a disadvantage.

Hoo man that was a doozy of a write up. I hope it helps in some way. Remember though at the end of the day, it's your game! You do what you want with it.

5. I agree Area A is definitely one of the best Megaman songs. ;)

-Initial thoughts on Velguarder-
Velguarder is really cool and I absolutely love the voice lines. But.. a bit on the overpowered side... :P Combination attack (N.I.D.) is basically the main offender. It's a grab attack so it's unblockable. The only hope you have against it is to interrupt it but it comes out so fast. Kerberians unlisted purple energy ball (back+Y or just Y) is good enough to interrupt most of the N.I.D. attacks save for "instant N.I.D.". I really couldn't do anything against instant N.I.D.. :P

Now for a bug report!
The tree stumps also block the moves list. :P
The moves list has some weird shenanigans. Simply pressing "right" to navigate the menus has it skipping the "normal" attacks. You can only view the normal attacks by moving "left" into it.
Furthermore the second page "info" if you press left on it has it play the page changing sound but nothing actually happens. It requires a second press to get back to the first page.
The "page changing" sound seems to get abruptly loud on the first 2 pages too. Probably because it's playing the sound twice thus amplifying it.

-Kerberian related bugs-
Hell Ride (Launch) and Heaven Banisher don't appear to work
I think Laser Sword and F.P.R. are reversed in the combo list.
If you have Hellhounds active before using Lifestream Devour the Hellhound can screw up the animation slightly by knocking the enemy down and displaying "KO" immediately. Still works for the most part though. :P

Alright that's probably enough writing. :D
I liked the patch and new character. Keep up the good work!

Loved all the feedback, no problem! My apologies for the ultra late reply, just the real life "being really hard" these tims you know? But that's the way things goin' on when we're no more eighteen! Hahah! Well, let's go: About the ghost imputs... You're totally right when noting the characters are not 100 done yet, they're still WIP. That said I assume that the ghost inputs are passable, anyway I did a new update / pacth, already uploaded and released to public download in the game site (characters section), for both chars that includes few new moves.

For example: No more ghost inputs for Y in the air for both (both have a move that works like the C+D in the air for KOF series. Velguarder's Y move in the air are a projectile combo being it not linkable for balance reasons). The Air Launcher problem for Kerberian's moveset are solved too, and that problem with the Hellhounds screwing the Xtermination move are gone for good as well. I did a new code for the command list and the weird shenanigan by pressing "right" to navigate the menus and skip the "normal" attacks (only view the normal attacks by moving "left" into it) were solved. I remaded the All commands were reworked in the list and all attacks are being displayed properly.

Oh, yea: The "locked" moves in the list are moves I'm currently working on and that's why you can't access. About Velguarder... Well... The Instant Neo Izuna Drop are not that op ya know? You can bust it out, but gotta be pretty good with your reaction time. I put the line "combination attack!", when Velg starts jumping to the wall, to alert the player about the attack. Also you can just crouch and I'm 100% sure that Velg will not get you (even with Kerberian). I'm 100% sure if this strategy will work, By the way, using the Sigma's Pet outside my project.I can't say what gonna happen at all in this case.

There is a lot of things I'm still coding and working. Type like a short jump system to make combos more reliable and dynamics, developing a Guard Crush System by using the power bar and a system where all characters have a innate hability vs some other characters of CPU when playing against them or in some specific stages. Man... It's a lot of road ahead! Anyway download the updates for both and tell me 'bout the previous bugs you found if them are still there, I would love another feedback (that's what really make the work shine!). See ya soon, and thanks for everything!