PDA

View Full Version : Comment sorting function?

FlareGamer64
3rd May 2018, 11:07
I feel we need a option to lessen spam. What do I mean? Well sometimes in the Activity Stream you will see a ton of comments that say one word like "Great" or "Nice work". These comments tend to fill up the Activity Stream and make you scroll through unnecessary comments. These comments almost always come from newer users. It can get boring just seeing one person say "Nice" on files. So I think we need a way to sort this out. Like a "Detailed comments only" option or something. Or heck maybe add an extra option on files like "Sort comments by likes". Anyone else like the idea?

Dizzy
3rd May 2018, 11:20
I feel we need a option to lessen spam. What do I mean? Well sometimes in the Activity Stream you will see a ton of comments that say one word like "Great" or "Nice work". These comments tend to fill up the Activity Stream and make you scroll through unnecessary comments. These comments almost always come from newer users. It can get boring just seeing one person say "Nice" on files. So I think we need a way to sort this out. Like a "Detailed comments only" option or something. Or heck maybe add an extra option on files like "Sort comments by likes". Anyone else like the idea?

That sounds like a good suggestion, basically "filter short comments", but please use the official suggestions thread if you want it to be noticed by the webmaster.

Dizzy
3rd May 2018, 11:24
*edit* nevermind I've just noticed you posted in the dedicated board, so it should be fine and get the attention it deserves. :smile: