PDA

View Full Version : Mediafire blacklisted

Dizzy
8th March 2018, 16:19
https://i.imgur.com/LM9nyCV.png

I have received a number of private messages recently about alleged security threat on the mediafire hosting site. After looking into the evidence provided, it appears the risk is real and documented, confirmed by mediafire itself.

In order to protect our community from this security threat, I have decided to blacklist mediafire. If you have to host files externally, please use alternate hosting sites such as sendspace, mega or onedrive.

Jansen121
8th March 2018, 16:34
Oh,my god,The best is onedrive for me because it's safe.

kater15
8th March 2018, 17:05
I had seen this message on another Mugen site, but the people there preferred to ignore it and removed the post from there.

It will be bad for me because I use Mediafire to store some of my files, including my palette packages. Well, the way I'm going to migrate to my old MEGA account.

xWagnerPlaguesx
8th March 2018, 17:09
Well gonna have to learn how to upload to Mega. Is 4Shared out of the question as well?

mulambo
8th March 2018, 17:48
And "elsewhere" it's even suggested as secure space... sticking to Google drive.

FlareGamer64
8th March 2018, 18:02
I actually HAD a mediafire account, but after two weeks of getting it, I couldn't sign in anymore for some reason. Well I still have Drive so IF I need to alt stuff I have that.

Sol Badguy
8th March 2018, 20:25
oh sweet irony !!
https://i.imgur.com/mEmXE6n.gif

panic in the wiki madhouse, 20 dupes not enough, our friend is currently dispatching 40 new alts to keep everything under control https://i.imgur.com/8om5HgW.png

what a bunch of epic fail, they will never be not funny

my mood right now : https://streamable.com/7rhfv

Leon72
8th March 2018, 21:18
It's at least 10 months that mediafire is not safe. Never noticed before?

Makyura
8th March 2018, 22:15
MediaFire is Dead?

kater15
8th March 2018, 23:14
Makyura
No, MediaFire is not dead. What happened is that the links from this site are no longer allowed here.

Hyde233
9th March 2018, 01:11
aw crap, I host some of my files on Mediafire.

n00b12
9th March 2018, 19:46
Oh my Gosh! My files are now corr... Wait. If you link with MediaFire, it will show as "blacklisted".

Sol Badguy
9th March 2018, 20:09
still can't get over this, beaten at their own game, the masks are falling apart right now https://i.imgur.com/LjLIuUE.png

whatever's left of their fanbase must be confused as hell right now, they were the ones supporting virus sites all these years, they must be like this right now

https://i.imgur.com/JrN9feI.png

https://i.imgur.com/CulUH2k.png

bison shadaloo
11th March 2018, 15:41
O.O virus in mediafire ?, there I have hosted my most precious files!
I have researched a little, but nothing is sure, so I will be forced to erase everything and re-raise it to mega!!

security measures in this link
https://elstef41.wordpress.com/2013/10/10/ten-cuidado-se-ha-descubierto-un-nuevo-virus-en-mediafire/

Dizzy
12th March 2018, 17:47
I had seen this message on another Mugen site, but the people there preferred to ignore it and removed the post from there.

I find that surprising. Do they only worry about security issues when it fits their agenda? :doubts:
If anybody needed another evidence they're a fraud, they have it. They're showing a huge lack of respect toward their own users.

Garfieldfan22
15th March 2018, 18:13
Welp...

Ah, it's fine. Just got me a MEGA account. I'll probally also use Google Drive.

3EOZA
23rd March 2018, 21:09
Well, when one falls, another has to rise in its place.

qwezler4711
24th March 2018, 04:30
good to know.

vitor18laser
26th March 2018, 05:12
I no public more posts the my computer was the problem of the NET and I don't come more bye site and I was it use the site normal and to lower download normal and use Mediafire for the my arquive.

I no use Mediafire for post here and i no like of that.

Sol_X
28th March 2018, 02:28
This is why i use MEGA

Tforce
31st March 2018, 07:42
Not many sites you can trust now.
I remember when mediafire was the best download site. (my opinion)

Imperius
4th April 2018, 02:12
MEGA is better anyways, way cleaner and smoother.

Eric18
7th April 2018, 21:45
Do you allow Google Drive?

FlareGamer64
7th April 2018, 21:58
Do you allow Google Drive?

Yes they do. In fact Shana has an alternate link which is hosted on Google Drive. In fact I own that link.

twistedxlightning
16th April 2018, 01:39
I hadn't heard about this until now, so thank you guys for getting the word out. It's a shame, I've enjoyed Mediafire's quick no-nonsense service for years. I'll adapt though

vegas
20th April 2018, 23:10
I downloaded from mediafire once, opened up a page to a game that was 18+, immediately closed it as soon as it opened. :busted_cop:

RoyalGuard
25th April 2018, 12:55
Been noticing for quite a while now that Mediafire downloads now link to some pretty malicious looking ads and sites, certainly seems like a good idea to no longer support that platform if it is a risk to other people's safety.

OldGamer
26th April 2018, 07:37
this why I use Gdrive and onedrive and also MA database :)

DarkValentine
26th April 2018, 07:53
I've been in the process of taking a LOT of my older created stages off of Mediafire, and get them onto my stages site directly. Something always felt off about how Mediafire was acting lately. And what has been reported here is only more proof of my initial thoughts.

51gamer
27th April 2018, 04:00
From now on, I will only use 4shared

DarkValentine
27th April 2018, 04:39
As of this post, I have removed all 26 of my past releases from Mediafire. I am in the process of uploading them directly to my stages website, and will post details about the mediafire situation on my front page. Expect a post on this soon.

Edited Post: http://dvmugen.theostlobby.net/2018/04/26/mediafire-link-removed-old-stages-will-be-posted-here-soon/

Ghelvex99
10th May 2018, 22:25
that is terrible makes me sad.

TussalDragon344
22nd May 2018, 09:16
Always go for MEGA! Never go for OneDrive/ GDrive, only villains do that!

OldGamer
22nd May 2018, 09:35
Always go for MEGA! Never go for OneDrive/ GDrive, only villains do that!there not bad :/ Gdrive and one drive are useful and mega is good too

TussalDragon344
23rd May 2018, 19:11
there not bad :/ Gdrive and one drive are useful and mega is good too

jk lel

OldGamer
23rd May 2018, 20:21
jk lelooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hahahahahahahah nice one buddy now let do the nico nico neeee dance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oD8tj3eBls

TussalDragon344
23rd May 2018, 20:31
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hahahahahahahah nice one buddy now let do the nico nico neeee dance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oD8tj3eBls

¯\_(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

- - - Updated - - -

Also, tanks 4 teh ultra mica ting... lel....

OldGamer
23rd May 2018, 20:54
¯\_(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯

- - - Updated - - -

Also, tanks 4 teh ultra mica ting... lel....your welcome buddy :drinks:

VTH223
26th May 2018, 21:24
agh shit... Now I have to be sure to download EVERYTHING I uploaded and reupload them somewhere else.

Those sweet memories...

FlareGamer64
26th May 2018, 21:44
agh shit... Now I have to be sure to download EVERYTHING I uploaded and reupload them somewhere else.

Those sweet memories...

I'd recommend Google Drive or MEGA. And both are free.

Usernamesarefornerds
30th May 2018, 21:07
Shit...And to think that something like MEDIAFIRE would this...

Tabris666
21st June 2018, 20:08
Is really low from some people to attack mediafire just because they provide some better service,in fact most of the problem of security risk comes from adf.ly links to mediafire so the problem is adf.ly not mediafire per se,but i realized wasnt a problem on mediafire was just some people trying to cripple the service and expect users get away from the site and migrated to other cloud service providers which in the end didnt work because most people know how medifire service is and you can even tell from which country the upload was made and even city and location.<br>Is clear this is just a bad move by google and microsoft since their service arent used as much as mediafire (not surprise ondrive is the worst of all clouds services not only that you can barelly download something from there since have a limit of download per day but unlimited download size if it gets finished,gdrive well is slow as turtle so people wont use it) the other culprits could be 4shared and similar unknown cloud service providers because medifire has a really good service,you get a limit of size file to upload but to date is the only service that doesnt have a limit of download or capped speed since i download from mediafire around 5 or 6 Gb dailly (even MA have a limit really low so blacklisting a site that is better then what they provide is laughable)

Bradsalo
27th June 2018, 00:05
OOOOOkkkkk.. been for for months didn't see this thread.. Thank you kater15..
so better if i use Mega or 4shared..?

kater15
27th June 2018, 00:09
OOOOOkkkkk.. been for for months didn't see this thread.. Thank you kater15..
so better if i use Mega or 4shared..?

Or even Google Drive. ;)

OldGamer
5th July 2018, 20:11
Or even Google Drive. ;)

I think that 4shared is worse than Media fire I prefer if they also block 4 share because they shared the same rules as Medifire drama. Im just sharing with bad experiences with Media fire and 4share or even worse sendspace >.>

Mega and Google Drive and One drive and MA database is the safe way to keep thing uploaded and safe

screw the hell of Media fire, sendspace and 4 share... there my common enemy from the start :boxing:

Burple
5th July 2018, 21:15
Oh... Mediafire was be so good !

DrZaius
6th July 2018, 05:28
I haven't really had a problem with Mediafire. Maybe because I have an ad-blocker or something? I don't know.
But man, I wish people would stop using 4shared. You have to have an account to download the files. I am not getting a 4shared account. Period.

Anyway, my creations/edits I either host on my webs site or on Dropbox.

OldGamer
6th July 2018, 18:54
I haven't really had a problem with Mediafire. Maybe because I have an ad-blocker or something? I don't know.
But man, I wish people would stop using 4shared. You have to have an account to download the files. I am not getting a 4shared account. Period.

Anyway, my creations/edits I either host on my webs site or on Dropbox.I agree with you I hated 4shared and Mediafire. but I dont like dropbox. its a bit annoying . not saying bad per say but bit annoying.

DrZaius
6th July 2018, 21:42
I agree Dropbox isn't the best. It always seems like it could be a little more user-friendly or something. But it gets the job done, logging in isn't necessary, and it's safe.

OldGamer
7th July 2018, 00:30
I agree Dropbox isn't the best. It always seems like it could be a little more user-friendly or something. But it gets the job done, logging in isn't necessary, and it's safe.Dropbox is safe I do agree with you 100% but what is so dam annoying is when you try to download a file that stupid annoying register window pop up when you try to download someone mugen content. we dont like to be reminded every second to registers to download someone else stuff that so annoying as heck and why I hate about dropbox. but other than that DropBox is okay but annoying

michelesp
9th July 2018, 11:22
Tsk, it will be harder for me to find and download MUGEN files. I know you can download them, but Mediafire was one of the easiest way to download them, and now they blocked it...

Burple
15th July 2018, 16:58
No i hate mediafire

michelesp
21st July 2018, 14:47
To be honest, after thinking about it, I'm not sure why the admin decided to blacklist Mediafire. He says the risk is real but to me it doesn't look real.

BugsBunnyonYT
5th August 2018, 17:10
I haven't had any problems with Mediafire lately :/

Ausarziendegue
5th August 2018, 23:02
I mostly use MEGA and Google Drive, so this shouldn't be a problem for me. I've had a few files downloaded automatically before from MediaFire, and from there I stopped trusting it.

ArthurDM
19th January 2020, 17:42
I also i use 4shared and Mediafire (i have my folders are saved correctly there) and i don't have problems with sort of that. My mediafire account and folder are safe... no worry about download my stuff...but 4shared is somewhat dangerous because i found some Mugen characters cheapie with a malware code...yeah i found this in the wikia pages..i've read a lot..
I know Mediafire is in the blacklist but also 4shared is not recommend for us for some reasons (check below)