PDA

View Full Version : Uploading a fix for a character - procedure

DannyRux
Feb 24, 2016, 22:42
Hey folks - I've been learning more and more about Mugen as much as I can, and I'm really excited to see there's still a community keeping it preserved!

I've been adding characters to my engine, and noticed that a few: specifically Evil Ryu (evilryu-ms), Marco Rodriguez (marco), and Alpha Ken Masters (SFA4Ken) all had some palette issues on my character select screen.

Well, after some digging and learning Fighter Factory, I fixed them, and they are all displaying properly, so my question is this:

Should I upload these characters back into the system and if yes, are there any procedures I follow so I don't step on anyone's toes?

Thanks guys.

Sol Badguy
Feb 25, 2016, 10:07
why would anybody be displeased at you sharing your fixes? nah people will be thankful to you :laugh:

of course you should upload them, and I don't think there's any particular procedure, the only rule of thumb is to credit the original authors and make sure you detail your fixes or changes like you just did, and everyone will be more than happy to welcome your fixes :thumbup:

DannyRux
Feb 26, 2016, 01:14
Thank you Sol, I will upload them ASAP -- well, as soon as I figure out how!

I will like to note - I did more research on Mugen and it turns out this was a problem that came about when ElecByte came back and updated to 1.0 (or, 1.1?)? Either way some characters have palette problems. So, it goes without saying my fix will only apply to those Mugens, and I will make sure to note that when I upload.

Thank you!