PDA

View Full Version : X-Box 360 vs Playstation 3

BigInNYC
May 31, 2010, 20:09
Okay, this debate has gone on for a while now. Everywhere I go on the internet, people say that this system is the best and vice verse. Now I would like to point out that I'm a big X-Box 360 fan myself and no, I'm not bashing the PS3 because I want to get one so bad. :D

They have they're vices and their good spots as well. Now I'm going to ask the MAF community the same question. Which do you like, the X-Box 360 or PS3?

The forum for discussion is now OPEN.

Axl Low
May 31, 2010, 22:20
Until recently I had neither of those two because I think NextGen gaming is crap and all you need is released on PC.

But I bought a 360 for SUPER Street Fighter IV and its much better netplay (PS3 Netplayy is crap). Also I heard all the best SFIV players use the 360 for the same reason.

But besides SFIV I really don't think the 360 or PS3 are worth a penny. Old school and PC gaming FTW.

BigInNYC
Jun 01, 2010, 02:51
I know. I'm a MAME person myself. :grin:

katarn
Jun 01, 2010, 15:47
Until recently I had neither of those two because I think NextGen gaming is crap and all you need is released on PC.

But besides SFIV I really don't think the 360 or PS3 are worth a penny. Old school and PC gaming FTW.

you're right all you need is released on pc, and Old school games are the best!

i dont have any of those 2 consoles because i have a good PC here, but idk if im going to buy them just because of SSFIV, if they don't release the pc version... :guns:
but back on topic, X-Box 360 is better than the PS3

BigInNYC
Jun 02, 2010, 04:53
you're right all you need is released on pc, and Old school games are the best!

i dont have any of those 2 consoles because i have a good PC here, but idk if im going to buy them just because of SSFIV, if they don't release the pc version... :guns:
but back on topic, X-Box 360 is better than the PS3
I think that all the problems that the PS3 had at the beginning doomed it to be a Blu-Ray player for evermore. By the time that PS3 came out, the X-Box 360 had a very good library with HALO 2, Lost Planet, and several well know titles. Now you have Lost Planet 2, ODST, Halo REACH, and more comming out this summer. I think that the X-Box 360 really has the corner on the console market.

Bridget
Jun 07, 2010, 06:06
but idk if im going to buy them just because of SSFIV, if they don't release the pc version... :guns:

It's not a secret anymore that SSFIV will be released on PC among the VG press. But the bastards will delay it as much as possible. They will probably release the PC version only when the PS3/360 versions don't sell anymore. Such poor treatment of the PC might be due to piracy.

thatguywiththestick
Jun 09, 2010, 03:37
I play with all 3 systems and here are my views on each...

PC: Awesome game play, easy to mod games to refresh the game play, and most games (IE: Dragon Age Origins) are more complicated and thus more challenging then the console versions (Explanation: in DAO, there is a puzzle room on the Urn of Sacred Ashes quest where you have to make a solid bridge. On the Console versions you can run all 4 characters around and make the whole bridge, on PC only 3 of your 4 characters can activate the panels to make the bridge, so you have to walk the 4rth across.) The online play is generally better as more patient or social friendly players are the ones playing.

Xbox 360: Cheaply made system (Elite being the better manufactured version) with simple controls and great internet connection (generally because the darn thing is plugged into the modem or w/e you have your internet hooked into)that costs money to use, wireless connection is wanting. Online play is great unless someone has a mic, because then there is a 80% chance that they have an opinion that is always favorable for themselves but you are always wrong and everything bad in the world is your fault and you shouldn't play a game and you need to sell your system and shoot yourself after. (Not making that up, someone said that to me in 3 different games, 3 different ppl, ALL shooters, and because he/she killed him/herself with an explosive while I was winning the war on the other side of the map with the rest of the team.)

PlayStation 3: Expensive console, well made, simple controls and decent internet connection (Automatic wireless and FREE), great games (sure it doesn't have HALO but most of the HALO community are 12 year olds with 28 year old mouths and a God complex, but they have better games, and better drinking games ;) ) Controllers recharge by plugging them into the console via USB cord, bluetooth headset makes for easy mic use, also charged via USB, utilizes blueray tech and has the same regional code as the Japanese PS3 so one can play imported PS3 games with NO ISSUE(yes they will be in Jap but its not hard to figure out, you have 11 buttons [4 basice, 4 shoulder, start back and the PS button] and two joysticks) along with a built in internet browser and so on and so forth. basic PS3's now have 120 gigs easy. Online community is smaller and much easier to get a game going without a person blaming you for their mistakes.

so yeah, I can give you more minor things like how each system handles in the options menu and all that if you want...

IronVetChris
Jun 19, 2010, 21:44
in short 360 is the bomb

MojiRestorator
Jun 19, 2010, 22:22
I like both of the systems, and think there are good things and bad things about both. Also you meant to type "own" instead of "owe".

thatguywiththestick
Jun 28, 2010, 17:35
actually compared to the 360, my NES from way back when is better. sure the games are 2D but at least its updates wernt crap that ruined my offline play

PS3 ftw

Heartless
Aug 07, 2010, 02:25
Although I own a 360, PS3 trumps it for more stuff for your money. Now, I haven't tried online stuff for the PS3, but the controls were SLIGHTLY better when I played Tekken 6 when compared to the 360. Plus PS3 has more console-features.

Grandis
Aug 23, 2010, 20:05
Wii Wins.

You know , he is the best.

Angle
Aug 28, 2010, 00:17
PS3 is better and that because of MGS4 and God of War 3

jimmyjoe2
Nov 01, 2010, 03:12
I like ps3 for their many japanese RPGs. but i also like 360 for their halo reach since it has 4 player online.

D-Shinobi85
Nov 01, 2010, 14:45
I don't like the Playstation 3 because, Sony removed the "Other OS" feature..

XBOX 360 FTW ;)

that_one_guy
Jan 10, 2011, 16:46
Wow... these are all good opinions on the two games. They both have their flaws and good points but I think it it all comes down to what you like more, either full-on gameplay or gaming and multimedia. I'm more of a hardcore gamer so XBOX 360 HANDS DOWN FTW:thumbup:

CHAKA24LBRD
May 18, 2013, 12:11
I have both but there are more advantage than other consoles.

May 26, 2013, 23:57
I have both systems. i like them both for different reasons.

360 because more of my friends are on there and i like the line up of games and exclusives better. along with that you can headset chat in ANY situation. In or out of game play

PS3 because of the controller and Blue ray

darknyghtzdream
May 29, 2013, 16:07
I bought a ps3 when it came out and love it. Still have the one I bought forever ago. I ended up getting a 360 simply to play FFXI on cause my brother decided that watercooling my pc with actual water was a good idea... SO, I bought a used one off my friend. It eventually ended up with the RROD, and I never replaced it. I only played FFXI and PSU on it and some arcade stuff like Outrun. Honestly, outside of FFXI and PSU, me and my friends used the 360 to party chat while playing ps3 XD. I really have no intention of replacing my xbox since I bought another computer.

Tenma Ichiru
Aug 26, 2013, 06:06
I had both owned X-Box 360 and PS3 at the same time for something interest in find games which comes to find most of epic games around. There is nothing compared of, because I'm just passing by gamer who kills the bad mood all the time. No doubt. :sdrop:

The White
Aug 12, 2016, 08:36
I own a PS3 for the past 3 years because some very good games I saw were exclusive to the PS3 and the quality was very good back then. I still own my PS3 as of today.

beilza88
Nov 26, 2016, 13:37
i own a ps3. never liked Xbox really

Plusle2019
Nov 27, 2016, 22:53
Well, I "accidentally" threw my brother's PS3 and XB360 out of the window, and now he's pissed and now I owe him both. So both

Tabris666
Nov 28, 2016, 02:20
The console is irrelevant because what matters is the games itself for example for the blodiest games and qualified the best i go for the wii,for rpg i use the ps3,for fighting games i go for the xbox360 i dont care about the console because each console has their merits and demerits.
Remember the history of gaming the most powerfull console is not the one that will win the console wars.
For example the ps3 is the most powerfull console but due to that nobody has used the maximum power that the console could offer because nobody used the full capabilities,the same goes for xbox 360 it was powerfull but the lack of third party made the console dissapear, that and the launch of kinect that needed a room the size of a hangar to be precise besides that the console didnt have kinect code on firmware so this made the kinect games quite stupid (you just needed to move one arm to finish a kinect game from beggining to end 6 gb of kinect code on DVD plus 2 gb of the game itself) besides people that said "xbox360 is the most powerfull of all" didnt know what they were talking about (i have wii games that have way better gameplay and graphics that xbox 360 games) in the end is fruitless talking about this console or that console yo8u have to think that a console can be the most powerfull of all but if that console doesnt have games is practically a brick of 500 dollars (xbox one is in this situation right now)

mulambo
Nov 28, 2016, 13:39
I got a wrecked and modded Ps3, but I think I didn't buy an Xbox360 because of the scary "red led" thing.

Well, I "accidentally" threw my brother's PS3 and XB360 out of the window, and now he's pissed and now I owe him both. So both :D
Just kidding, when my PS3 bluray stopped working, I "accidentally" crash-tested it against the floor. that's why I needed to mod it.

Busdriver
Nov 30, 2016, 17:26
I got both because screw console wars. I just get whatever has games that interest me. Gran turismo, Forenza. Play them both. A lot of games the two consoles have in war with each other I have them. For me all games that are decently made bring their unique elements that can keep me playing and entertained.

Enzo25
Feb 12, 2017, 17:57
Still Battling over the better Console?
Trust me, What Matters are "Games" not "Consoles"

I have a ps3, Anyway...

TheAnkPlayer
May 20, 2017, 00:00
I own both the Xbox 360 And Ps3, i bought the Xbox 360 for Halo 3, because my best friend did have that game, and i bought the Ps3 for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle. I would say that the Ps3 controller is great for fighting games, because the Xbox 360 controller is most usable for other types of games.

Godazrael
May 20, 2017, 04:43
have both prefer ps3 though

225Rounds
Jun 23, 2017, 23:23
I own both. But the only reason i why got the 360 was for the Gears of War games. And sadly to say, it's just collecting dust now.

NotTheWoz
Jun 24, 2017, 21:56
I've always been an Xbox man, purely because of Halo. It's so, so good. Recently finished Reach on Legendary, which was...fun...

Nightwing SLZ
Jun 25, 2017, 19:52
Xbox!

mulambo
Jun 25, 2017, 22:15
Both are bad. I had a PS3, overheating, overpriced, elitist filesystem, no retrocompatibility, much more stuff.
On the other hand, XBOX scares me because of the joypad (can't really like those semi-spheric buttons and weird button names), and because of the RLOD (or don't know what it's the right name). Good thing it only supports DVD's, instead of those stupid Blurays. Sorry for talking like this, but I'm really disappointed of the gaming industry.
I, however, hope the next gen consoles will follow up, so I can buy a new PS3 at the lowest price. Or a decent PC to run the same quality games. And I won't do it untill I finish all the games I have to finish and the price won't be under 50€ (that's the price of an average low-spec pentium4 pc right now, even less if you're lucky on ebay).
For now, sticking to older systems such as PS2, PSP, Gamecube, PC (low spec) and Retrogames.

emulator
Jun 25, 2017, 23:10
Games I'd like to play on PS3:
- Oneechanbara Z Kagura with Nonono!
- .hack//Versus

Games I'd like to play on Xbox 360:
- Tenchu Z
- Oneechanbara: Bikini Zombie Squad

I've owned a PS3 and a Wii, I gave away both, never been an Xbox owner.
The original Xbox, I remember being groundbreaking for the time, it really had the upper hand in graphical fidelity that Sony and Nintendo just didn't match.
The Gamecube was also stronger in the graphics department when compared to the PS2.
What the PS2 had that beats the Gamecube, is that it had a stronger GPU, this means the PS2 can compute polygons and render objects faster and more efficiently.

When it came to the PS3 vs Xbox 360..
There isn't too much difference, sure the PS3 was harder to make games for(some ports had longer loading times), but the cell processing it had meant that it can handle larger games(in theory), but this fall flat on it's face with inconsistent frame rates in games(Resident Evil 5, Tekken 6, Soulcalibur IV).
But the 360 had replaceable parts, if you wanted, you could replace the video card, hard drive, etc. almost like a PC.

Both suffered from overheating issues(color light of death), because of how they were built(I've opened up my PS3 Phat and seen the insides of an Xbox 360).
Most games worth playing are even multiplat, so it's more of preference.

Overall, modern consoles like PS3, Xbox360, XBONE, PS4 are harmful to the development of games, they aren't like the older consoles that are tailored to match certain methods of development, they don't exactly push the boundaries of game development like they used to.
I can't speak for the Nintendo consoles since those make use of gimmicks like double screens and motion control as a feature to stay relevant.
One of the reasons why SNES and the Genesis were so loved is because most computers at the time couldn't run games like that, the consoles were justified.
Now a days modern consoles couldn't even do half of what a well built PC can do, most console ports can't even run games in 60 FPS due to the limitations of the system.