PDA

View Full Version : Anti-DDOS mode enabled

Dizzy
16th December 2017, 07:00
Upon investigating why this file (https://mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=72869-the-dark-nightmare-demise-the-smithy-rules-teh-world-rock-uttp) had so many views, it turns out the site was being attacked for over a week now. As a result the anti-DDOS mode was enabled. All visitors will have their browser checked once per session so it should be a minor bother.

The IP addresses of the attackers will be published soon enough.

Lichtbringer
16th December 2017, 16:40
Ah ok that could explain why I had problems loading the site this week, thx for the info.

Dizzy
16th December 2017, 19:26
Maybe.

Whenever the site appears slower than usual, please do not hesitate to report in the feedback forum.

kater15
16th December 2017, 19:38
More than eight thousand views and only three downloads. It's really very strange. :shock_jaw_drop:

For now I am not having problems navigating the site and I continue to download the files normally.

Leon72
16th December 2017, 19:42
I have no problem to downloading files, but sometimes the site hangs for several seconds and it makes a big effort to load a new page.

FlareGamer64
16th December 2017, 20:08
Oh damm, I never knew this was happening. I'm very sorry guys. How the heck was I supposed to know that this would happen? And the person who made this stage is very childish. Whenever he finds request channels he spams them with pointless requests. Most of these revolve punching bags. So it's a big waste of time. Here's the creators channel: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCrJ1M30TEzPmZORDRneltlQ

And for me, I'm not going to upload any of his new releases. After what's happened here.

Dizzy
16th December 2017, 20:29
I have no problem to downloading files, but sometimes the site hangs for several seconds and it makes a big effort to load a new page.

That's probably related to the attacks, the server is overloaded with a lot of simultaneous requests so new requests are queued and it can take a lot of time for the pages to be loaded.

At first I thought it was the usual download accelerators issue but this time the pattern is different. I'm not an expert so I don't want to jump to any conclusion but this time it seems like we're not dealing with the usual script kiddies.

Dizzy
22nd December 2017, 21:43
Leon72
Do you still have slow page loading issues? It seems to me the site is a lot faster lately despite the traffic peak of the holidays.

Leon72
22nd December 2017, 21:46
Leon72
Do you still have slow page loading issues? It seems to me the site is a lot faster lately despite the traffic peak of the holidays.
Now I move rather easily on the site, I found I have some problems, about 18 gb of junk files to clean!

FlareGamer64
22nd December 2017, 21:49
Another thing I would like to say, sometimes when uploading a file it will go through the DDoS checker again and the file won't be uploaded. It's super annoying. It only happens rarely but for the love of god do I hate it. Please get this case sorted out Diz.

Dizzy
22nd December 2017, 21:49
What? :nervous2:

Leon72
22nd December 2017, 21:51
I confirm what FlareGamer64 said, it happened to me too.

Dizzy
22nd December 2017, 22:03
To avoid that problem refresh the page before uploading.

I think the ddos shield is session based and doesn't use cookies.
So if you stay idle for too long, the session will time out and it will check your browser again the next time you do anything.
The alternative to this shield would be a super slow website and that would be a lot more frustrating.

I can't disclose any further detail for now but it seems like we were really being attacked, all of the attackers are located in Asia. The servers didn't go down because they're powerful enough to stand against small ddos attacks, but the intensity of the attacks was increasing steadily.

Mekstik
23rd December 2017, 09:16
a little hassle, but that's okay, I
enjoy. Hi friend how are you ? Dizzy Leon72 kater15 sweet and amazing

kater15
23rd December 2017, 15:44
Hi Mekstik, everything's fine with me. :smile:

In addition to this little problem reported by FlareGamer64, the same happens with posting comments, both in uploads and in forums, as this has happened to me several times. It's bad to keep pressing F5 every time to refresh the page.

Dizzy
26th December 2017, 16:14
I have lowered the protection level today, but after an hour the heavy slowdowns were back, so I'm guessing we're still being attacked.

Sorry but we'll have to bear with this for now because it's a minor inconvenience compared to a snail-slow website.

Lichtbringer
27th December 2017, 02:45
I have lowered the protection level today, but after an hour the heavy slowdowns were back, so I'm guessing we're still being attacked.

Sorry but we'll have to bear with this for now because it's a minor inconvenience compared to a snail-slow website.

That is sad. =(

Dizzy
27th December 2017, 04:29
That is sad. =(

Well, that could be worse, another MUGEN site has been hacked recently.

FlareGamer64
27th December 2017, 11:50
Well, that could be worse, another MUGEN site has been hacked recently.

And another thing, Mugen Free For All is down. It has been down for 3 days now. I know kater15 made a status update on it being down but I'm restating it here so you know.

Dizzy
17th January 2018, 16:49
Again I have lowered the protection level, and the site has became significantly slower. I don't know if we're still being attacked or if it's just some bad robots but I think we'll have to get used to this ddos shield until the site can be patched against whoever is attacking us. I'm really sorry about it but these slowdowns spoil the user experience far more than a 5 seconds delay.