PDA

View Full Version : What is your personal Games of the Year of 2017

aka2810
22nd November 2017, 21:23
With the 2017 nearing it's end, I'm wondering what everyone's personal game of the year is?

-Persona 5. Best traditional RPG experience i've had in a long time!
-Nier Automata, Excellent gameplay kudos to platinum, with some exceptional storytelling to boot
-Nioh, Gave me some Ninja Gaiden nostalgia playing this game
-And Zelda BOTW, the Wow factor was high in this one. Genuinely loved my whole experience with this. It got me excited to play a zelda game again

Dethdude123
22nd November 2017, 21:27
Star Wars Battlefront II, it lived up to the hype and it was worth the $59 I forked over to EA.

kater15
22nd November 2017, 21:33
Persona 5, by the way, I love every series of the Persona. One of the best RPG indeed.

Fyrma
22nd November 2017, 21:40
For me, its my favorite series: Danganronpa (forgot about that?)'s new entry into the series, Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony! I like games that are a murder-mystery type game, so it's one of my favorites.

falcon8752
22nd November 2017, 21:41
Unfortunately, I can't choose a GotY for 2017, because there weren't many games that interested me recently.
I'm not saying Persona, Cuphead, Nier etc. are bad games, they're just not my taste. So I mostly play "older" games that I enjoy like, well, M.U.G.E.N.

If anything, I would say XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, but it's a bit of a stretch because it's an extension. I do consider XCOM 2 my fave game of all time, though, right in front of X-COM 1994.

Fyrma
22nd November 2017, 21:43
Unfortunately, I can't choose a GotY for 2017, because there weren't many games that interested me recently.
I'm not saying Persona, Cuphead, Nier etc. are bad games, they're just not my taste. So I mostly play "older" games that I enjoy like, well, M.U.G.E.N.

If anything, I would say XCOM 2: War of the Chosen, but it's a bit of a stretch because it's an extension. I do consider XCOM 2 my fave game of all time, though, right in front of X-COM 1994.

Yeah, my favorites were either fan-games or games that not a lot of people know.

ElDiabloRojo
22nd November 2017, 23:08
Cuphead. Definetely deserves it

maduroman1250
23rd November 2017, 01:46
Cuphead. Definetely deserves it

agreed