PDA

View Full Version : The reviewers group will be discarded. What we really need is news.

Dizzy
Sep 03, 2017, 01:22
It turns out despite my efforts to promote it, the news section is still very inactive. :sad:

Yet I'm convinced an active news section must be our next stepping stone as it would generate A LOT of extra activity and would make the forum more lively.

I have decided to discard the reviewers VIP group since the reviews subforum isn't really going anywhere, and I will create the REPORTER VIP group instead. The requirement to join will be to post at least 5 news. And the requirement to stay in the VIP group will be to post at least 2 news every week 5 news every month.
TheRealDio Dokurojin ahrimansiah The7thfang Below273 Antogames EnlightenedEmperor If you wish to join that group then please meet the above requirements, otherwise you'll loose your VIP status I'm afraid.

Let's hope it will work out this way.

Please submit your VIP group application here :
https://mugenarchive.com/forums/profile.php?do=editusergroups

Antogames
Sep 03, 2017, 17:08
I don't want to loss my Reviewer status. You know what, I gonna review a lot of character in my free time during my study. Then I will make it rise again.

Dizzy
Sep 03, 2017, 17:32
I don't want to loss my Reviewer status. You know what, I gonna review a lot of character in my free time during my study. Then I will make it rise again.

Sorry but the review subforum isn't getting any attention, it seems like nobody's really interested in text reviews anymore, nowadays people prefer to watch footage.

Don't worry though, you can easily meet the requirements to be a REPORTER and retain your VIP status.

Antogames
Sep 03, 2017, 17:54
Where I need to go?

Dizzy
Sep 03, 2017, 18:02
Where I need to go?

It's easy, just post 5 news in the found news (https://mugenarchive.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?33-Found-Releases-and-News) forum. Feel free to just copy and paste news posted on other forums.

After posting 5 news, please message me, I'll move your account to the REPORTER VIP groups.
You can post news about anything released for the MUGEN engine in the past month or so.
News require a valid download link and a screenshot.

Antogames
Sep 03, 2017, 18:05
Well, okay then. I will do this later. Thank you

After consideration. I need to know some stuff
A. Did I need a Video to show? (It doesn't matter if it record by someone else)
B. What forum can I go to take the news?

Nevermind, I found by myself. (God, it will be hard)

kater15
Sep 05, 2017, 16:34
Hey guys, a great tip to get the title of REPORTER and stay is to publish news about Full Games and files with more than 100MB.

Another tip is also to publish news about some files that we have already posted in the Downloads section, but also to add an alternative link (for example: MediaFire, MEGA, author's website, among others).

Dizzy
Sep 05, 2017, 18:51
Nevermind, I found by myself. (God, it will be hard)

Why do you think this is hard? At this point you could just do some copy pasta, it's not like our news section is exhaustive right now.
I can PM you a link to a site you can copy news from if necessary.

Another thing, I have merged the "found releases" & "your releases" forums, splitting releases across several boards is unnecessary.

kater15
Sep 05, 2017, 22:02
I have decided to discard the reviewers VIP group since the reviews subforum isn't really going anywhere, and I will create the REPORTER VIP group instead. The requirement to join will be to post at least 5 news. And the requirement to stay in the VIP group will be to post at least 2 news every week.
Dizzy, analyzing more closely, I think this application for the REPORTER title is a bit rigorous. My suggestion is that the user that wants to obtain this title publishes at least 2 or 3 news. To remain with the title, be posted at least 5 or 6 news per month. So the user has more time to search.

Antogames
Sep 06, 2017, 03:03
Why do you think this is hard? At this point you could just do some copy pasta, it's not like our news section is exhaustive right now.
I can PM you a link to a site you can copy news from if necessary.

Another thing, I have merged the "found releases" & "your releases" forums, splitting releases across several boards is unnecessary.

My main reason is it need to much for me. Cause I'm studying and I don't have time to found new release every week. I have my exam to be ready and other project too. In fact
I think kater15 is right. At least 5 or 6 per month is way easier for me than a week

Dizzy
Sep 06, 2017, 19:15
Hey guys, a great tip to get the title of REPORTER and stay is to publish news about Full Games and files with more than 100MB.

Another tip is also to publish news about some files that we have already posted in the Downloads section, but also to add an alternative link (for example: MediaFire, MEGA, author's website, among others).

A MUGEN ARCHIVE link is also a perfectly valid download link for the news forum.

And regarding the requirements, I can not decrease to 2 or 3 to join. Right now it would take roughly 2 minutes to post two news, because our news section is far from being exhaustive. Granting VIP membership for two minutes of work would be extremely unfair for other VIP groups which require much more work. But I agree we can change the periodical requirement to 5 news every month I guess.

kater15
Sep 06, 2017, 21:12
A MUGEN ARCHIVE link is also a perfectly valid download link for the news forum.

And regarding the requirements, I can not decrease to 2 or 3 to join. Right now it would take roughly 2 minutes to post two news, because our news section is far from being exhaustive. Granting VIP membership for two minutes of work would be extremely unfair for other VIP groups which require much more work. But I agree we can change the periodical requirement to 5 news every month I guess.

It's all right. My biggest concern was the condition to keep the title because some users work or study during the week and it would be complicated, so I suggested that it be 5 news stories a month.

Dizzy
Sep 06, 2017, 21:22
It's all right. My biggest concern was the condition to keep the title because some users work or study during the week and it would be complicated, so I suggested that it be 5 news stories a month.

Alright, I've updated the VIP group announcement.
https://mugenarchive.com/forums/announcement.php?a=2

Plusle2019
Sep 06, 2017, 21:32
Kinda want to post on the News section but don't know what to post. I mean, most characters are already uploaded to MA...

kater15
Sep 06, 2017, 21:42
Kinda want to post on the News section but don't know what to post. I mean, most characters are already uploaded to MA...

You can post news about your creations, add screenshots or a YouTube video as a preview plus the MA link. If you like, you can also add an alternate link (MediaFire for example).

Dizzy
Sep 06, 2017, 21:42

It doesn't matter whether the files were already uploaded here or not. In the download area, members can post new or old files alike.
The point of the news forum is not to provide something new but inform users about what was recently created or updated for MUGEN.