PDA

View Full Version : Another MUGEN ARCHIVE upgrade

That Man
Aug 17, 2017, 13:08
My dear fellow MUGEN Archivists,

Recently, I suddenly realized I didn't upgrade the site for a very long time, and it's time to right this wrong.
So I have issued some optimizations and introduced a number of changes to improve your experience and comfort :

Files and comments will now collapse past a certain height, so you can browse through the comments section a lot more easily.
In any category, you can now collapse the list of subcategories manually to go directly to the files without having to scroll all the way down. Be wary, the site will remember any list you collapsed, so if you feel like something is missing, you probably just need to expand a list you previously collapsed.
The @ mention will now work in the download area, which will allow you to not overlook anything forwarded to you.
Last but not least, files and comments have been added to the activity stream filters. This is extremely useful. Feel free to use it along the popularity filter, and you will never miss any of the popular content added recently.

Because I will always seek to improve the site for your endless enjoyment.

Men must become more then men, and gears must become more then gears.

Peace.

2210 2211

Dizzy
Aug 17, 2017, 19:00
Those are great new features. :smile:

At least two of these were requested by the community I believe. hegalica may be glad to hear about the collapsible subcategories and yaminogun may be glad to hear about that popular recent downloads feature.

It proves your suggestions are heard. Please keep the suggestions coming, and the best ones will probably happen someday. :smile:
https://mugenarchive.com/forums/showthread.php?612-Feature-requests

hegalica
Aug 19, 2017, 02:09
Wow, thanks for the mention and especially thanks for te upgrades!
I'll see if I can help to improve this place any further!

Left4Joker
Aug 19, 2017, 14:53
YES YES

I told Dizzy long time ago a filter in the Activity Stream would help so much.

Now I don't have to keep pressing "End" and clicking on "More Activity" \o/

I know all of these are great upgrades for the whole community, but I'm really happy it's gonna make things A LOT easier to me and all the mods of the download area.
kater15, Leon72, aka2810 check this out my friends!

aka2810
Aug 19, 2017, 16:12
A very convenient feature I must say. I'm glad we have something like this here. Makes it easier to track whats trending :grin:

Sol Badguy
Aug 20, 2017, 09:53
friends this right there is why the archive stomps :gs_mhuahaha:
innovate and evolve, that's what the digital world is all about
other mugen sites have been static for over a decade and they still don't get it
apart from moaning like cheap hookers they don't have nothing to keep up with the king :2cool:
this is really no brainer , old shit sites to the trash you go :psy:

Dizzy
Aug 30, 2017, 18:39
Are there other upgrades planned in the near future? :smile:

holydark0
Oct 22, 2017, 22:07
I think it's good new.

AlgarroboMagico
Nov 12, 2018, 17:07
I think the forum are a little confusing, it cost me a lot to search good conversations.

hegalica
Nov 13, 2018, 11:02
It's been reported before, they are working on improvements.

Maybe add custom headers and icons for better visual feedback?

AlgarroboMagico
Dec 08, 2018, 01:53
Good :D